IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attention!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttention!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention!
    Posted: 24 April 2005 at 4:05am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Explicit material will not be tolerated on this forum, whether it is sexual in nature or vulgor or simply for medical purposes or education. This is a religious forum please remember that.

Also please report any such posts and please do not reply to them, The forum guidlines will soon reflect this but i thought i will tell you in advance.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:52am

Auzubillahi minahs shaitan ir Rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

We recently realized the need for certain modifications in the forum guidelines. Three new regulations have been added. All board members are requested to make a note of these. Read all the rules carefully and abide by them for the smooth running of the message board.

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

12. Materials that are explicit in nature, pertaining to sexuality will not be tolerated - even when the purpose is genuine.  

14. Graphic materials will not be entertained. Members can post URLs to such texts, however, all such texts should go with a forward warning the readers about the nature of the material. URLs posted without warning shall be removed.

Note: Moderators are here to make the goings smooth. Some people argue with them when they point a defect in the messages. Such users loose credibility in our estimation and their second mistake is usually treated more severely, please make a note of this fact.

Jazak allah khair,

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 1:41am

Quote Explicit material will not be tolerated on this forum, whether it is sexual in nature or vulgor or simply for medical purposes or education. This is a religious forum please remember that.

ok, I agree with the vulgor part but the other bits how is one suppose to discuss concerns on the subject, even for religious matters?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:03am

Quote 1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

There is a problem with this. It seems to speak out that all non muslims talk will be edited or deleted, how are non muslims so to be islamic or talk in an islamic way when they are not ?

And this might / will also put off new members who wish to discuss things/islamic things because they don't know how to act in an islamic way.

What is the islamic way per the standards of "an" islamic cultural society ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:44am

Good questions,i am waiting the answers...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:52am
YUSUFALI: Verily, (the ends) ye strive for are diverse.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:54am

another translation more fits to the tafseers...

PICKTHAL: Lo! your effort is dispersed (toward divers ends).

Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 2:43am

I am not fully aware of what's happening here these days and what you're exactly talking about.

Nevertheless, based on my own experience, I can say that you edited one of my posts for only a slight and, I think, harmless amount of sexuality-related joking.

But anyway, it's rather your forum than mine and others. I'll conform to your rules.

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic