IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attention!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttention!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

is this that also Sister Nausheen has trustable reasons about the issue which i have been calling for these rules for more than a year...good to see that Sister Nausheen took this decision,one years ago she was at the opposite side...

SO YOU"RE CULPRIT RESPONDIBLE!.... THE ONE WHO IS SHAKING THE FOUNDATIONS oF ThiS ONCE STaBLE BOARD!...

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Arabianknight,do you live in Texas?...hey,i love Texas don't think that i am again joking with you...howd'y?  

Look Suleyman.. I cant understand you 1/2 the time... I make the effort but i'm at a loss... so this time I'm just going to Nod and Smile..  

In the end of the day.. My biggest issue is this one prhase..

Originally posted by Nausheen and the other Moderators Nausheen and the other Moderators wrote:

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

I passionatly detest this phrase.. This to me, is like saying all blue cars will be blown to bits.. I drive a light blue-green car.. from far away it looks blue.. but form close inspection.. its clearly greenish..( I know its really cool )  ok..So what do we do?.. Does my beloved car get blown up?..  By WHOS interpretation of BLUE do we go by?.. I remeber one guy who might have destroyed a yellow car just because its a color right next to blue on the primary color wheel.. I think his name was Usama...

The point is.. What does Islamic Mean?... Islamic According to WHOM?.. some of us are "Liberal Muslims" and Others.. "Conservative" One might consider somthing acceptable in an Islamic Society.. the other - may not.. Like you said.. we are not Scholars here.. and nor are the moderators.. so oh my.. what Ever Will WE Do?.. THanks to Suleyman we Are not in Kansas Any More... 

HEres an example i came up with..

What if one of the Moderators is from Saudi Arabia.. for example and another from the United States..Both are Muslims.. one of them might slap you for saying Sex.. the other moderator - probably wouldnt care... because you were talking about filling out a JOB application and it asked if you were male or female.. (just an example) ..

maybe an extreme exaduration.. but such things do infact happen.. you know it does.. who would have thought that mankind would have walked on the moon 200 years ago?.. I know I didnt.. it took me by suprise!

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:57pm

ah you crack me laughing suleyman -  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:50pm

Angel Wrote: "That's no excuse Suleyman, you agree with me 100% but yet you make excuses for Nausheen's mistake/threat against me." 

Angel what can i do?,as she said i am irrational that can't find the 100%,i am absent...may be i had given yours 10000%,who realized?...discussion is going well...no problem...

Tasneem View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:39pm

Assalam-alaikum!

I have only recently joined this forum and so far I have enjoyed being on it and InshaAllah I wish to continue and contribute my 2 cents worth. I have been on many other forums and have become very frustrated with the Islam bashing that goes on. The moderators on those forums seem to enjoy all the racist comments and no amount of decency and reason convinces them to intervene and stop the slurs that are posted on Islam. I have read this thread and the conflict between the moderators and the members. As I have not read the posts that are the source of the conflict I am not qualified to make judgements. However, I endorse 100% the post of Ummziba. In Islam we maintain a certain decorum in our speech and behaviour whether they be Muslim or Non-Muslim. It is not a question of orthodoxy or not. If someone goes out of this decorum and is vulgar, it is not unorthodox but simply unIslamic. I for one would also find it uncomfortable to remain on a forum that allows open discussion on issues that I would not discuss in front of my parents. Since this is an Islamic website, please let us maintain that decorum.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:01pm

I don't know if that 'you' is for me or if its for everybody?

Quote I want to make this last attempt to communicate the reasons for the amendments in the rules.

I understand why you changed them. 

Quote I am not here to break hearts, judge ppl for how they treat me, or mix my anger for one to take it out on another. When I explained rationally you persisted in not paying any heed to the need, and when I spoke with exasperation, you see it as a threat.

Nausheen, I very much paid heed to the need, don't get me wrong on this, no where I have disgreed about the need of changes in the rules. You have failed to see this.

And you have mixed your anger (if you were angry which I doubt it) for one to take it out on another, you basically said that if I don't stop appealing about the discision on Colin, Fezz you would keep the suspension on longer. If that is not a threat then I don't know what is! You said that to make me quiet but I won't, not when I see it has nothing to do with the board rules or the board itself. You were out of line. And I will make it known that I have never appealed about the discision you made. I respected that, it was already done and nothing to able to be done. There was also another similar case else where you put personal in front of the board and nothing to do with the board rules.

Quote I am not the only one who shld care about you, you should also return the care with care.

And why do you think I have gone into lenghty details in explaining to you about everythings, why do you think I've taken the time in all this, its because I do care and care about the boards, you have failed to see this but instead see that I am against you and the need to change the rules, If I didn't care I would simply leave! I saw unrealistic goals in some of the rules that won't work in favour of islamicity and talked about it to you. I was never against the need to change the rules.

Quote This is how we function in a society. Mine was not a threat to scare you away, it is to make you reflect you are being impossible, and this is not fair to me, because I am not impossible with you. I have extended a hand of friendship to most of you.

You do become impossible Nausheen, and I mean no offence but you shut down and won't see things from other perceptives.

I am not being impossible Nausheen And that statement to me was not for a reflection because I was impossible, it was a threat. If you want to ask me not to do something don't make a threat out of it!

Quote We need these rules, and we need your cooperation to implement these. If no one is ready to co operate, the whole place can crumble down and we will be going home.

Yes we need these rules and you know that I will implement them as I have done so, but I do see some not working well and I've explained this to you, not because I'm impossible nor wanting to follow them.   

Quote Why do we need them?.... I noticed some ppl have not followed them when they were not in a written format.

Fine I know we need rules but the revised ones are a little unrealistic and I see it won't work in favour for IC.

Quote If the nonmuslims are here, and they have found room for themselves on this forum, they shld be proud of themselves, they know how to respect and earn respect within Muslims.

Really!, I do agree with you but... 

Quote If someone feels unwelcome, because Islamic adab is maintained and expected from the members, then that person is insincere from the very start.  If you do not want us to maintain our decorum, it is very sad. If you do not want us to make it clear that we strive to maintain this decorum, it is still very sad.

I want you to have an islamic decorum but what you asks is a little unrealistic, It's made it unbalanced and separated the two groups, its painly not fair on the non muslims, its not netural, yes this is an islamic board but its not so conservative not when you have both othodox and unorthodox muslims, and having some muslims who are willing to speak out more than other muslims.  

Quote Secondly, this decorum is foiled on occasions by non-muslims as well as muslims, so the rules are  for both, and not just the non-muslims alone.

The old rules provided this for both non muslims and muslims, the revised ones do not.

Quote We are very different from the west ... what ppl may think is okay, is sometimes not okay here.

This is not about the differences of the West!! I can't stress that enough! Not every non muslim is from the west! Not every muslim is othodox or conservative!  

Quote People may think they have cracked a casual joke, but can I ask you if that joke was okay for you to crack in front of your mother? I dont know if I can ask you and make you realise it was out of line here,  because sadly among muslims, the muslim standards have deteriorated. 

Actually I agree with you here. and also that some muslims their standards have dropped.

FYI, my relatonship with my mother is quite fine and I speak to her about anything as well as crack jokes, not all cracked causal jokes are bad. And that bit you deleted of mine that I replied to Rehmat about, my mum would be fine with it.  

Quote We are not a sight of fiqh. We are not qualified scholars or medical doctors here. If there are explicit questions pertaining these matters, your sincerity in seeking the answer will be better served if you take them to an appropriate website.

I very much agree with you here but there is no need to ban matters on sexual matters, and as I said to you before: if this board is for people then shouldn't the people have a say in what they want to discuss in cordial and respectful nature, if muslims want to talk about sexual matters then they should have the right to do so, no matter if islamical societies are conservative. you can't ban the subject as you have done that is not fair on anyone. You can moderator what is being said so it says geninue and educational.

Quote If ppl under 13 are not allowed, still ppl at 13, 14, 15, and 16 are very young.  I dont want their purity to be marred by some information lying here carelessly, and unattended. We are Muslims, and we consider our children as a trust from Allah.

So you moderate what is being said. 

Quote Graphic material can make some people sick. I felt sick reading one of the posts here, and what i thought was there could be many who are not strong, just like myself, or may be they are weaker than me. There are many ppl in our society who are patients of clinical depression, plus there are immature minds of children to whom we are making the information freely available. Should we not be caring for them in our writings and sharing of material? 

Yes I agree with you here but there is no need in banning or suspend people, most especially when you don't give warnings and let people explain themselves - in a court of law you get heard before a discision is made about your fate.  

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:28pm

Quote Angel,i am 100% with u;you are right,no doubt...;but please value the words in the conjectures they live in...Rehmat's words made her angry and i know that when she gets angry she looses her perception;for her perception you are the witness in the board you have been living in;you are witness that she could not the write the words to you,no needed and i was waiting it's effects on you,heartbreak...think about that;she got angry and lost the control;if we were in the position she lives inside the responsibilities of the board facing with Rehmat's words it will come to you normal falling in a mistake like this...do you know what happened to the others?...let me tell u...she kicked Blond to the outside of the board,absolutely he injured....she suspended both Fezziwig and Colin,she said shut up to all of the class;may be needed,Allah knows the best...Angel,think about that ;what about you,what happened to you?...you are living and you are in the board,you can sign in freely...Angel,this means that she cares u and loves...sometimes loves does not come with the flowers...please do not offend and mind...there is no perfect person in the world while trusting to them;at the top including me...

That's no excuse Suleyman, you agree with me 100% but yet you make excuses for Nausheen's mistake/threat against me. 

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:49am

Arabianknight,i am trying to improving the ambiance and you are working from the opposite side,thank you very much for your help;appreciated...sometimes we should put the materials into our hearts for the next shiny steps...all i do is this that also Sister Nausheen has trustable reasons about the issue which i have been calling for these rules for more than a year...good to see that Sister Nausheen took this decision,one years ago she was at the opposite side...Alhamdulilah...the problem was telling the style of explaining the rules to the users...

Arabianknight,do you live in Texas?...hey,i love Texas don't think that i am again joking with you...howd'y?  

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:41am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister,

Sister,none of us disagrees with u,i confirm your rational reasons on the issue...there was an only one thing came to us so strange,the style of composing the rules...as you know from the old users time i had been all calling to you for these rules for being established in the board;but now i see that the style of composing these rules came to me a little bit struggle show,a little bir rude...why?;because no needed,when you said something and we denied and not accepted?,tell me when?...i see the heartbreak on the eyes of Angel,because if someone suddenly forces you to do something while you are ready to agree and if you care this person and persons shouts you then you think that the friendship between each other is artificial that she deleted us in one minute;also you disagree with the negative energy comes from the cross...Sister,this issue has no connection with rationality(but relax i am irrational=1+1/2),...this is an another thread proves that the users of this board really cares to each other...no need to adding more things to that thread...i believe that Angel will help us for improving the new situation of the board after she has finished her kit-kat  biscuits...where we left,peace...Wa Salaam...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic