IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attention!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttention!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention!
    Posted: 28 May 2005 at 10:24am
Brother,don't mind...please...keep ur silence...share your thoughts with the persons u love...wa salaam... 
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:19am
I had reteurned under a different identity name, but now I leave. This forum and its arbitrary and repressive style of moderation is detrimental to a Muslim's health and iman.
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:17am

Many posts are on some Islamic only for the purpose of distracting people's attention from those threads and the purpose of scoffing atv Islam. But the moderators do nothing about those derailments.

By saying that I can't comprehend the language that I can easily write in, Rami directly calls me stupid. May Allah give him what he deserves for that.

Moderation on this site is too arbitrary, and your actual moderation work has nothing to do with those rules and regulations, as explained in the first paragraph.

You moderators don't follow Islamic etiquette, you moderators, and you don't pay the fardh respect to your brothers in faith. May Allah give you what you deserve for that.

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:42am

Assalamu'alaikum,

Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

This thread is turning ugly. Both have expressed their dissatisfaction, both have elaborated their expressions... i invite you all to put all personal feelings aside and look forward to more pleasant discussion encouraging brotherhood and unity, insha Allaah.

Regardless of whether someone has got something more to say in response, let this be the last post sealing this thread.

May Allaah reward the one who managed to control his emotions and overpowered his anger without having to insult his brother unintentionally...

Jazzak Allahu Khair!

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:10am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Assalamu alaikum

Quote I am afraid I cannot agree with you there. Quite often a spelling error can convey a completely different message. The enormous number of spelling errors in your posts are not excusable. I do not like the butchering of any language and I am sorry to say that I find your English language skills very poor.

Whether you agree with me or not is irelavent my original post was talking about comprahention which is the context of the discussion. Do not change the topic to something it never was or make up excuses for your mistake in reading what was clearly said. It doesnt bother me at all that i have spelling mistakes in my posts, if i took more care that can easaly be corected while comprahesion on the other hand can not in a short time.

It is completely incorect of you to say that speling mistaks "often" lead to convying a difernt mesage this can nevr be the case in the English language, we are not speking arabic here. See my point.

Quote I have also not been able to understand clearly what you intended to convey in another one of your posts. And your bluntness in remarking on another person's language especially when his English is remarkably good is unfair. I am sorry for bringing this up. But I would not have done so if you had not made that nasty remark.

Your disposition is very obvious so i dont think it matters how i phrase a sentence you will understand my words the same, i think i should add that the indavidual adds "tone" to what they are reading. It was blunt becouse he acused me of hate, shall we add false acusations to the list or are you going to ignore that side of the coin also.

My comments were hardly nasty, that is a matter of interpritation but what counts in the end is my intention. I was acused of something so i pointed out the weaknes was coming from his lack of understanding of the english language a second time i might add.

Quote Mustafah your understanding of chaging topics of a thread is different than ours, there is tolarance as long as it does not go to off topic.

to which he replied with,

Quote I take this to be a show of intense dislike of me and a desire to bully me on false charges. Vulgar indeed.

how often do you expect a person to tolerate tantrums without responding bluntly and to the point. If you do not agree with the moderators decision that is up to you,  we moderate by the forum guidlines according to our understanding of them it would be rediculous to think we do it any other way. There are numerous nationalities and cultures represented on this forum each with there own understanding of the english language the onus is on them to conform to the standards of the forum not the other way around.

br Suleyman it does not matter that your english is not so good, as long you make excuses for other people if you think they are saying something bad.

This is called tolerance and understaning.

Khair insha allah.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:38am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

As an advance i have to state that my english is not good(as u see),everyone should know this and as an confess from me i don't shame on my absent english skills;everyone should be relax on that issue as i am too,listen that HISTORY...at Wednesday,i had an phone from Sudan calling me a rich businessman telling me that i have sent to your BRANCH 115.000 dollars and i will be with YOU in three hours,i was enough on replying his answers and telling my instructions to him...at the end of his words he called me as an brother,he said to me "you are my brother!"...brothers and sisters in the board,may be my english is not good;but i am enough to putting a smile on the faces of native english speakers...Alhamdulilah...

Today,I have realized that BBC uses innative english speakers for translating the speeches made in foreign languages;why?...because naturality is so much important in human relations between each other,BBC solved the issue while some others are making complaints on us...

*a note:i tried to learn english in my inefficient time abilities;but what about the French people hates to talk english calling us to learn French?

Tasneem View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:20am

Wa-alaikum-Salaam Br Rami

You have written "I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different"

I am afraid I cannot agree with you there. Quite often a spelling error can convey a completely different message. The enormous number of spelling errors in your posts are not excusable. I do not like the butchering of any language and I am sorry to say that I find your English language skills very poor. I have also not been able to understand clearly what you intended to convey in another one of your posts. And your bluntness in remarking on another person's language especially when his English is remarkably good is unfair. I am sorry for bringing this up. But I would not have done so if you had not made that nasty remark.

My mother tongue is not English, and I do not claim that my English language skills are perfect. But I try my best and I see the same in someone who is writing from Turkey where obviously English is not the first language.

I have been pounced upon (rather savagely) at a very early stage of my stay on this forum and I did not appreciate it. Yet, I ignored it and continued my posts. The only reason is because none of us are perfect. You have your weaknesses and I have mine. I have read the guidelines when I joined this forum and my remark to ignore the weaknesses of the moderators does not in any way imply that we (the members) are free of faults. There is no need to take offence for that. Let our aim be to improve ourselves and stop hurting each other. I don't think any member would take offence to an occasional tap on the shoulder, but when one is treated like a child in an Indian school one begins to rebel.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:55am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different. One is related to bieng able to properly understand what another person is saying, which is the context of this dicussion since he acused me of something after not understanding what i said.

Speling mistakes have nothing to do with his capacity to understand a simple argument or instruction. Read the Guidlines Before you post.

He will find what i said earlier, is a rule from the guidline not something is said out of hate.

A moderator has to assume you have read the guidlines since it is your responsability to do so.

reading over what i said earlier i clearly stated his english skills were the cause of his misunderstanding, how did you come to the conclusion i was talking about his spelling?

It seems to me people who do not read the Guidlines and comprahend simple instruction will percieve weakness in the moderators.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic