IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 5:14pm

No your point was that jews today say it is not about the mochiah

Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Those whom We have given the Book recognize him as they recognize their sons, and a party of them most surely conceal the truth while they know. (Qur'an 2:146)

Intrestingly there is also a story in Islamic history books that some Jewish leaders came to Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) and recognised him as described in their books. Then, one of the wives of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who used to be Jewish heard those men discussing how to conceal this from others !

Now it's intresting that as we have already seen, Jewish scholars in the past believed that this song was a prophecy about the coming of a Messiah. But in its present form, when you put chapter 5 next to the other chapters of the song it seems like some sort of a "love song" which can be interpreted in many different ways. It could be that the original prophecy was made into a love song by mixing it with one. It is also intresting that the original name of the song was SHIR HASHIRIM, but for some reason they mistranslated it into "Song of Solomon".

You should have said that christians believe it to be just a love song because as I said:

Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

From a jewish point of view it is about the coming back of the children of Israel to their land The comming of the Moshiah (descendent of King David) and the building of the 3rd Temple of King Solomon!!

This is a very important book to us!!!

See http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=15780 for the good translation with commentary from rashi

Once more let me sai this is a very important book to us and has always been!! It is the Songs of Songs !!! Speaking of our deliverence from the wild beasts the return to the land and the coming of King Mochiach!!!(Descendent of King David)

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I believe it is about Christ and the Church. 

Originally posted by harrdnot harrdnot wrote:

The Song of Solomon is nothing but a love song between Almighty God and the Born-Again Christians.

Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

From a jewish point of view it is about the coming back of the children of Israel to their land The comming of the Moshiah (descendent of King David) and the building of the 3rd Temple of King Solomon!!

Hehhehe, thank you for proving my point. Here we have three different interpretations. Oh,and the Freemasons say it's about Hiram Abiff or something.

My statement was just my personal opinion, NOT an interpretation.  I don't pretend to be correct on every issue.  I could possibly be mistaken.  (Who among us is always right?)  Not me, that's for sure.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:03pm

Im asking, where does it say that the Messiah will carry the staff ? The Pslams simply mentions it.

What do you mean, "it simply mentions it"???  It SAYS "For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me."

The Bible in the Psalms clearly states The LORD is my Shepherd, in other words it is speaking of JESUS.  I cannot see how you can dismiss this beautiful Psalm of hope and love so casually. 

Peace be with you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:10pm

Something else I found intresting in the same chapter of the Song was that it says in verse 6:

I opened for my beloved, but my beloved had hidden and was gone; my soul went out when he spoke; I sought him, but found him not; I called him, but he did not answer me.

And then verses 8 and 9 say:

"I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my beloved, what will you tell him? That I am lovesick."
 "What is your beloved more than another beloved, O fairest of women? What is your beloved more than another beloved, that you have so adjured us?"

And right after this comes the description of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh):

My beloved is white and ruddy, surrounded by myriads. His head is as the finest gold; his locks are curled, [they are as] black as a raven...

What I find intresting is that the person speaking in the song says that the beloved is not there at the time but will come in the future and it says that the daughters of Jerusalem will find this person "I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my beloved, what will you tell him?".

As I've already mentioned, Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) had a Jewish wife who converted to Islam. So she was from... the daughters of Jerusalem!
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 8:55pm

Israelite translation of this chapter:

Dont forget It was written by King Salomon so we know what he meant.

Now maybe you will be able to find more about Mohammad or maybe not. I am truelly interested

Shir Hashirim - Chapter 2

1. "I am a rose of Sharon, a rose of the valleys."

a rose Heb. חֲבַצֶלֶ 14;. This is a rose ( שּׁוֹשַׁ 04;ָה).

a rose of the valleys This is prettier than the rose of the mountains because it is always moist, since the sun has no strength there.

2. "As a rose among the thorns, so is my beloved among the daughters."

As a rose among the thorns which pierce it, but it remains constant in its beauty and its redness, so is my beloved among the daughters. They entice her to pursue them to stray like them after strange gods, but she remains firm in her faith.

3. "As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the sons; in his shade I delighted and sat, and his fruit was sweet to my palate.

As an apple tree among the trees of the forest When an apple tree is among trees that do not bear fruit, it is more beloved than them all, for its fruit is good in both taste and fragrance.

so is my beloved among the sons among the young men. The allegory is that so is the Holy One, blessed be He, chosen above all the gods. Therefore, in His shade I delighted and sat. The Midrash Aggadah (Song Rabbah), [states]: This apple tree-all flee from it because it has no shade. So did all the nations flee from the Holy One, blessed be He, at the giving of the Torah, but I in His shade I delighted and sat.

4. He brought me to the banquet hall, and his attraction to me [was symbolic of his] love.

He brought me to the banquet hall The Tent of Meeting, where the details and the explanations of the Torah were given.

and his attraction to me [was symbolic of his] love And his gathering, that he gathered me to him, that was love to me. I still remember his love. וְדִגְלו 65; is attrait in French.

5. Sustain me with flagons of wine, spread my bed with apples, for I am lovesick.

Sustain me now as is the manner of the sick, with flagons of grape wine or with cakes of pure white flour.

spread my bed Spread my bed around me with apples for a good fragrance, in the manner of the sick, for I am sick for his love, for I thirst for Him here in my exile. רְפִידָה is an expression of a couch, like (Job 41:22): "where he lies (יִרְפַּד) is gold upon the mire."

6. His left hand was under my head, and his right hand would embrace me.

His left hand was under my head in the desert.

and his right hand would embrace me He traveled a three-days� journey; to search out a rest for them [as in Num. 10: 33], and in the place of the rest, He brought down manna and quails for them. All this I remember now in my exile, and I am sick for His love.

7. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the hinds of the field, that you neither awaken nor arouse the love while it is desirous.

I adjure you you nations.

by the gazelles or by the hinds that you will be abandoned and preyed upon like gazelles and hinds.

that you neither awaken nor arouse the love that is between my beloved and I, to change it and to alter it and beg me to be enticed to follow you.

while it is desirous as long as it is thrust in my heart, and he desires me.

while it is desirous Heb. עַד, like (1: 12): "While (עַד) the king was at his table," [i.e.,] while (בְּעוֹד) the king was still at his table.

that you neither awaken Heb. תָּעִירו 68;, if you cause hatred, like (I Sam. 28:16): "and has become your adversary (עָרֶ) " ; (Dan. 4:16): "and its interpretation for Your foes (לְעָרָ)."

nor contest Heb. תְּעוֹרְ 12;וּ, like (Keth. 13:6): "one who contests the ownership (הָעוֹרֵר) of a field," chalon[j]�r in Old French, to contest, claim. There are many aggadic midrashim but they do not fit the sequence of the topics, for I see that Solomon prophesied and spoke about the Exodus from Egypt and about the giving of the Torah, the Tabernacle, the entry to the Land, the Temple, the Babylonian exile, and the coming of the Second Temple and its destruction.

8. The sound of my beloved! Behold, he is coming, skipping over the mountains, jumping over the hills.

The sound of my beloved The poet returns to earlier topics, like a person who was brief with his words and later said, "I did not tell you the beginning of the matter." He commenced by saying, "The king brought me into his chambers," but did not tell how He remembered them in Egypt with an expression of affection, and now he returns and states: This attraction that I told you about, that my beloved drew me and I ran after him, came about as follows: I had despaired of the redemption until the completion of the four hundred years that were foretold [in the Covenant] between the Segments.

The sound of my beloved! Behold, he is coming before the end, as one skipping over the mountains and jumping over the hills.

9. My beloved resembles a gazelle or a fawn of the hinds; behold, he is standing behind our wall, looking from the windows, peering from the lattices.

My beloved resembles a gazelle in the swiftness of his running, for he hastened to come like a gazelle and like a fawn of the hinds. עֹפֶר is a young hind.

behold, he is standing, etc. I had expected to remain detained for many more days, and behold, he informed me that he was standing and peering from the windows of heaven at what was being done to me, as it is written (Exod. 3:7): "I have indeed seen the affliction of My people, etc."

10. My beloved raised his voice and said to me, 'Arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away.

raised his voice Heb. עָנָה, an expression of answering and [sometimes] an expression of a loud cry, and the following is the precedent for them all (Deut. 27: 14): "And the Levites shall raise their voices (וְעָנוּ)."

and said to me through Moses.

Arise (Exod. 3:17): "I will bring you up from the affliction of Egypt."

11. For behold, the winter has passed; the rain is over and gone.

behold, the winter has passed There is no difficulty in traveling now. סְתָיו is winter. The Targum of חֹרֶף (Gen. 8:22) is סִתְוָא.

12. The blossoms have appeared in the land, the time of singing has arrived, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.

The blossoms have appeared in the land The days of summer are near, when the trees blossom and the travelers enjoy seeing them.

the time of singing has arrived when the birds give forth their song, and the sound is pleasant for travelers.

and the voice of the turtledove Heb. הַתּוֹר. According to its apparent meaning, this is a term referring to turtledoves and young pigeons. It is customary for the birds to sing and chirp in the days of Nissan.

13. The fig tree has put forth its green figs, and the vines with their tiny grapes have given forth their fragrance; arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away.

The fig tree has put forth its green figs [This is to be explained] according to its apparent meaning.

and the vines with their tiny grapes When the blossom falls, and the grapes are separated from one another, and each grape is recognizable by itself, it is called סְמָדַר. This entire episode, according to its simple meaning, is an expression of the affection of enticement, i.e., a young man appealing to his betrothed to follow him. So did my beloved do to me.

[10] My beloved raised his voice through Moses.

and said to me through Aaron.

Arise, my beloved Hurry (Exod. 11:2): "and let each man borrow from his neighbor."

[11] For behold, the winter has passed These are the four hundred years. I skipped them by counting them from Isaac�s birth.

the rain which is the hardship of winter, is over and has gone away; i.e., eighty-six years of harsh slavery were decreed upon you, and they have gone away. From the time that Miriam was born, the Egyptians intensified the bondage upon Israel; therefore, she was called Miriam, because they made it bitter (מַר) for them.

[12] The blossoms have appeared in the land Behold Moses and Aaron are prepared for you to fulfill all your needs.

the time of singing has arrived you are destined to recite the Song by the Sea.

and the voice of the turtledove Heb. הַתּוֹר, the great guide (תַּיָר). Another explanation: קוֹל הַתּוֹר means the voice [announcing] that the time of your exodus from Egypt has arrived. [תּוֹר is explained to mean time, as in Esther (2:12,15).]

[13] The fig tree put forth its green figs The time to bring the first fruits has arrived, for you will enter the Land.

and the vines with their tiny grapes The time of the wine libations has drawn near. Another explanation: The pious among you ripened and blossomed good deeds before Me and emitted a pleasant scent.

arise Heb. קוּמִי לָכִי. A superfluous "yud" is written. Arise to receive the Ten Commandments. Another explanation: "The fig tree has put forth its green figs" -These are the transgressors of Israel, who perished during the three days of darkness.

and the vines with their tiny grapes gave forth their fragrance Those who remained of them repented and were accepted. So it is interpreted in Pesikta (Rabbathi 15:11, 12; Pesikta d�Rav Kahana, p. 50).

14. My dove, in the clefts of the rock, in the coverture of the steps, show me your appearance, let me hear your voice, for your voice is pleasant and your appearance is comely.'

My dove, in the clefts of the rock This is said concerning that time when Pharaoh pursued them and overtook them camping by the sea with no avenue of escape before them because of the sea, and they could not turn because of the wild beasts. What did they resemble at that time? A dove that fled from a hawk and entered the clefts of the rocks, and a snake was hissing at her. Should she enter within, there was the snake. Should she go outside, there was the hawk. The Holy One, blessed be He, said to her, "Show Me your appearance," the propriety of your deeds, to whom you turn in time of trouble.

let me hear your voice (Exod. 14:10): "And the Children of Israel cried out to the Lord."

in the clefts of Heb. בְּחַגְו 61;י, in the clefts; this is a term referring to a breach, and similar to this is (Ps. 107:27): "They were frightened (יָחוֹגוּ) and staggered" ; (Isa. 19:17): "And the land of Judah will be to Egypt for a dread (לְחָגָא)," and in the plural Scripture calls them חַגְוֵי. Similarly, from קֵץ (end) קַצְוֵי, and so, (II Sam. 10:4): "and he cut off their garments ( מַדְוֵיה 62;ם)."

steps Heb. מַדְרֵיג 64;ה, �chelons, in French, steps. When they make a ditch around the towers and pour the earth from above to raise the mound roundabout, they make it [in] many steps, one above the other.

in the coverture of the steps There are sometimes holes in them, and reptiles and birds enter therein.

15. Seize for us the foxes, the little foxes, who destroy the vineyards, for our vineyards are with tiny grapes.

Seize for us the foxes The Holy One, blessed be He, heard their voice, commanded the sea, and it inundated them. That is the meaning of "Seize for us" these "foxes," the little ones with the big ones, for even the little ones were destroying the vineyards, when our vineyards were still with סְמָדַר, when the grapes were tiny. When a Jewish woman gave birth to a male and hid him, the Egyptians entered their houses and searched for the males, but the baby was concealed, and he was a year or two old. So they would bring a baby from an Egyptian home; the Egyptian baby would speak, and the Jewish baby would answer him from his hiding place; and they would seize him and cast him into the Nile. Now why does he call them foxes? Just as the fox looks to turn around to flee, so did the Egyptians look behind them, as it is written (Exod. 14:25): "I shall flee from before Israel."

little foxes Heb. שֻּׁעָלִ 97;ם. It is written without a "vav", because He punished them with water, which was measured with the gait ( בְּשָּׁע 59;לוֹ) of the Omnipresent.

16. My beloved is mine, and I am his, who grazes among the roses.

My beloved is mine, and I am his He demanded all His needs from me; He commanded only me: Make a Passover sacrifice, hallow the firstborn, make a Tabernacle, sacrifice burnt offerings, and He did not demand these things of any other nation.

and I am his All my needs I demanded of Him, and not of other deities.

who grazes his flock among the roses, in a good, pleasant, and beautiful pasture.

17. Until the sun spreads, and the shadows flee, go around; liken yourself, my beloved, to a gazelle or to a fawn of the hinds, on distant mountains."

Until the sun spreads This refers back to the preceding verse: "My beloved is mine, and I am his," until the time that the iniquity caused the sun to darken me in the heat of the day, and the heat to intensify.

and the shadows flee We sinned with the Calf; we sinned with the Spies, and the shadows fled, the merits that protected us. We broke off His yoke.

go around, liken yourself, my beloved I caused him to leave me on mountains distant from me.

distant Heb. בָתֶר, an expression of separation and distancing.

Edited by mochiah
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:26am

Sawtul Khilafah,

Song of Solomon has nothing to do with Moses, or Jesus or Muhammad or their names.

Solomon is believed to have written it for a maiden whom he wanted to be his queen, at all cost. The maiden loved only her dear shepherd and was not at all shaken by the great temptations and remained faithful to her shepherd.

According to commentary in the Jewish Holy Scriptures, the Jewish tradition does not see the erotica in it but sees in every line a symbol of divine love which sanctifies human relationship. Jewish tradition also finds in this book an allegory of God's eternal guardianship over Israel.

The New Tesatment writers do not talk of the song but the Christians do not want to be left behind and find an allegory for relationship of Jesus and his church or his believers.

Basing on above, you can say that Solomon wrote the song to foretell and show God's love for Muhammad and his followers.   

BMZ

Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:46am

Im asking, where does it say that the Messiah will carry the staff ?

Psalms Chapter 110

1. Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Wait for My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

2. The staff of your might the Lord will send from Zion; rule in the midst of your enemies.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 11

1. And a shoot shall spring forth from the stem of Jesse, and a twig shall sprout from his roots.

And a shoot shall spring forth from the stem of Jesse And if you say, �Here are consolations for Hezekiah and his people, that they shall not fall into his hands. Now what will be with the exile that was exiled to Halah and Habor, is their hope lost?� It is not lost! Eventually, the King Messiah shall come and redeem them.

a shoot [This is symbolic of] the royal scepter.

and a twig an expression of a sapling.

and a twig shall sprout from its roots and the entire section, and at the end (v. 11), "And it shall come to pass, that on that day, the Lord shall apply His hand again�[from Assyria]� Hence, [it is obvious] that this prophecy was said to console those exiled to Assyria.

2. And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, a spirit of wisdom and understanding, a spirit of counsel and heroism, a spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord.

3. And he shall be animated by the fear of the Lord, and neither with the sight of his eyes shall he judge, nor with the hearing of his ears shall he chastise.

And he shall be animated by the fear of the Lord He shall be filled with the fear of the Lord. [ed enos mera il luy in O.F., and He shall be enlivened.]

and neither with the sight of his eyes shall he judge For, with the wisdom of the Holy One, blessed be He, which is within him, will he know and understand who is innocent and who is guilty.

4. And he shall judge the poor justly, and he shall chastise with equity the humble of the earth, and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth and with the breath of his lips he shall put the wicked to death.

with equity This is an expression of mildness and tenderness.

and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth As the Targum states: And he shall smite the sinful of the earth.

and with the breath of his lips Jonathan [renders:] And with the speech of his lips.

5. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faith the girdle of his loins.

And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins Jonathan [renders:] And the righteous shall surround him; i.e., they will cleave to him like a girdle.

6. And a wolf shall live with a lamb, and a leopard shall lie with a kid; and a calf and a lion cub and a fatling [shall lie] together, and a small child shall lead them.

and a fatling a fattened ox [following Jonathan].

7. And a cow and a bear shall graze together, their children shall lie; and a lion, like cattle, shall eat straw.

8. And an infant shall play over the hole of an old snake and over the eyeball of an adder, a weaned child shall stretch forth his hand.

shall play Heb. �����������, shall play.

over the hole of an old snake over a hole in the ground in which the snake makes its nest [krot in O.F.], a cave.

an old snake ������. A snake, when it ages, becomes deaf and is called ������. From then on, it cannot be charmed; as it is said (Psalms 58:6): "Who will not hearken to the voice of charmers."

and over the eyeball of a venomous snake Jonathan renders: the eyeballs of venomous snakes [�������� from ����, light]. Menahem (Machbereth Menachem p. 32) interpreted it as an expression of a hole, namely holes in the ground. Comp. (Gen. 11:28) "The valley of the Chaldees (����) " ; (infra 24:15) "In the valleys (����������) honor the Lord."

a weaned child a child weaned from his mother�s breasts.

shall stretch forth his hand Heb. �����. Jonathan renders: shall stretch forth his hands (sic). Comp. (Ezekiel 7:7) "The joyful call (���) of the mountains, also (infra 16:9)" The cry (������)," which is an expression of raising the voice. This, too, is an expression of raising, and the final [letter] �heh� appears in it as a radical which sometimes falls out, like ������ (made), ������ (built), ����� (acquired).

9. They shall neither harm nor destroy on all My holy mount, for the land shall be full of knowledge of the Lord as water covers the sea bed.

knowledge of the Lord [lit.] to know the Lord.

10. And it shall come to pass on that day, that the root of Jesse, which stands as a banner for peoples, to him shall the nations inquire, and his peace shall be [with] honor.

as a banner for peoples that peoples should raise a banner to gather to him.

11. And it shall come to pass that on that day, the Lord shall continue to apply His hand a second time to acquire the rest of His people, that will remain from Assyria and from Egypt and from Pathros and from Cush and from Elam and from Sumeria and from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

a second time Just as he acquired them from Egypt, when their redemption was absolute, without subjugation, but the redemption preceding the building of the Second Temple is not counted, since they were subjugated to Cyrus.

and from the islands of the sea the islands of the Kittim, the Romans, the descendants of Esau.

12. And He shall raise a banner to the nations, and He shall gather the lost of Israel, and the scattered ones of Judah He shall gather from the four corners of the earth.

And he shall raise a banner Perka, perche in O.F. [i.e., the verse is literally referring to the pole upon which the banner is attached.] And it shall be for a sign to gather to him and to bring the exiles of Israel to Him as a present.

13. And the envy of Ephraim shall cease, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, nor shall Judah vex Ephraim.

Ephraim shall not envy Judah The Messiah, the son of David, and the Messiah, the son of Joseph, shall not envy each other.

14. And they shall fly of one accord against the Philistines in the west, together they shall plunder the children of the East; upon Edom and Moab shall they stretch forth their hand, and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

And they shall fly of one accord against the Philistines in the west Heb. �������. Israel will fly and run of one accord against the Philistines who are in the west of Eretz Israel and conquer their land. [������, lit. a shoulder, is used in this case to denote unity. The word ������, also lit. a shoulder, is used in a similar sense.] Comp. (Hoshea 6:9) "They murder on the way in unison (��������) " ; (Zeph. 3:9) "One accord (������ �����)." And so did Jonathan render it: And they shall join in one accord to smite the Philistines who are in the west.

and the children of Ammon shall obey them As the Targum states: Will hearken to them. They will accept their commandments over them.

15. And the Lord shall dry up the tongue of the Egyptian Sea, and He shall lift His hand over the river with the strength of His wind, and He shall beat it into seven streams, and He shall lead [the exiles] with shoes.

And� shall dry up [lit. shall cut off] to dry it, so that the exiles of Israel will pass through it from Egypt.

over the river The Euphrates River, for the exiles from Assyria to cross.

with the strength of His wind Heb. ��������. This is hapax legomenon in Scripture, and according to the context it can be interpreted as "with the strength of His wind."

into seven streams into seven segments, for the aforementioned seven exiles: from Assyria and from Egypt, etc. Those from the islands of the sea are not from that side.

and He shall lead the exiles within it.

with shoes on dry land.

16. And there shall be a highway for the remnant of His people who remain from Assyria, as there was for Israel on the day they went up from the land of Egypt.

And there shall be a highway in the midst of the water for the remnant of His people.

Edited by mochiah
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Apple Pie Apple Pie wrote:

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

Prophet Mohammad pbuh was mentioned in the Song of Songs (in the Old Testament) which is also known as Song of Solomon.
The original name of this song was Shir Hashirim.
This is what it says in Hebrew, 5:16
Chiku mamtakim v'khulo machamadim zeh dodi v'zeh re'i b'not yerushalayim
In English, 5:16:
His conversation is sweetness itself, he is MACHAMADIM, such is my beloved oh daughters of Jerusalem.
The word MACHAMADIM:
Firstly, the CH used is the same as the H used in arabic for the word MOHAMMAD. The IM at the end is just like the one used for ELOHIM. The IM at the end of ELOHIM is agreed by Jews and most Christians to be a sign of respect, like THE ELOH, or the Great Eloh, or the Majestic Eloh, etc.
Hence, the same applies to Machamadim. So the actual word is Machamad, and as we discussed the CH is the same as the H in Mohammad so the word is MAHAMAD!

Finally, the vowels are agreed by Biblical scholars to have been inserted much later in history. So the actualy word is MHMD. This is exactly how the word Mohammad is written in Hebrew. In other words, if the Bible was to mention the name of Prophet Mohammad pbuh, it would be mentioned as MHMD, and this is the case in Shir Hashirim.
Also, the name of the song is very intresting. The original name was Shir Hashirim, which means Song of Hashirim. The IM as we have already shown is a sign of respect, so it's actually Shir Hashir, meaning Song of Hashir.
In Sunan Tirmidhi (a famous Hadith book) we read that one of the names of Prophet Mohammad pbuh was Hashir !!!
Shir Hashirim also gives a description of MHMD, which fits in exactly with the description of Prophet Mohammad pbuh as recorded in the Hadith books. If anyone is intrested, I can give more detail.

Peace unto those who follow the Guidance

Muslims keep confusing the Islamic "Muhammad" with the Koranic "Muhammad".

The two are not the same.

The Koranic "Muhammad" is NOT a personal name...but, rather, a participle...meaning "a man praised much - praised one".

Checking all 68 root derivatives of the word "Muhammad", as used in the Koran shows that it is ALWAYS used in context of deity.

Always.

Thus, a man being praised (i.e. "Muhammad")...can only be referring to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Hence, the Koranic "Muhammad" is, in fact, a reference to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

A far cry from the "Muhammad" that Islam wants to put forth.

Muhammad had no oil rubbed into his hair. Muhammad was not the oil-annointed one, Jesus was. Qur'aanic Jesus also had no oil rubbed into his hair. The biblical Jesus had and hence was called the annointed one. Muhammad was the Praised one by the Lord Almighty. If Muhammad had the oil rubbed into his hair, the Jews and the people would have considered the Messiah but an Arab one.  

Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic