IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible
    Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:01pm

listen this is the whole story, and get more info from yechezkiel 34-48:

Yeshayahu - Chapter 20

1. During the year that Tartan came to Ashdod, when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him, and he waged war with Ashdod and captured it.
2. At that time, the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz, saying: "Go, and you shall gird a sackcloth over your loins and you shall remove your shoes from your feet." And he did so, going naked and barefoot.
3. And the Lord said, "As My servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years, as a sign and a symbol for Egypt and for Cush,
4. So shall the king of Assyria lead the captivity of Egypt and the exile of Cush, youths and old men, naked and barefoot, with bare buttocks, the shame of Egypt.
5. And they shall be broken and ashamed because of Cush, their expectation, and because of Egypt, their boasting.
6. And the inhabitants of this isle shall say on that day, "Behold, so is our expectation where we fled for aid because of the king of Assyria, and how will we escape?

Yeshayahu - Chapter 21

1. The harsh prophecy of the western desert; like tempests in an arid land, to pass, coming from the desert, from an awesome land.
2. A harsh prophecy was told to me; The traitor shall be betrayed and the plunderer shall be plundered; march, O Elam, Besiege, O Media! All sighs have I brought to an end.
3. Therefore, my loins are filled with trembling; pangs have seized me like the pangs of a woman in labor; I have become confused from hearing; I have become frightened from hearing.
4. My heart has strayed; fright has terrified me; the evening of my desire He has made for me into trembling.
5. Setting the table, setting up the lamp, eating, drinking; "Arise, princes, anoint a shield!"
6. For so has the Lord said to me, "Go, set up the lookout; what he sees he will tell.
7. And he shall see a chariot with a pair of riders; one riding a horse and one riding a camel, and he shall listen attentively.
8. And the lion called, "On the watchtower, O Lord, I always stand by day, and on my watch I stand all the nights.
9. And behold this is coming, a chariot of men, a pair of riders." And he called out and said, "Babylon has fallen, yea, it has fallen, and all its graven idols he has dashed to the earth."
10. My threshed grain and the product of my threshing floor. What I heard from the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, I have related to you.
11. The harsh prophecy of Dumah: To me one calls from Seir, "Watchman, what will be of the night? Watchman, what will be of the night?"
12. Said the watchman, "Morning has come, and also night. If you will request, request. Return and come."
13. The harsh prophecy concerning Arabia: In the forest in Arabia did you lodge, on the roads of your cousins.
14. Toward the thirsty they bring water; the inhabitants of the land of Tema with his bread they came before the wanderer.
15. For, because of the swords they wandered; because of the outstretched sword, because of the bent bow, and because of the pressure of war.
16. For so has the Lord said to me: "In another year, like the days of a hireling, all the glory of Kedar shall terminate.
17. And the rest of the number of the bows of the heroes of the children of Kedar shall decrease, for the Lord, the God of Israel has spoken."

Yeshayahu - Chapter 22

1. The harsh prophecy of the Valley of Vision: What ails you then that all of you have gone up to the rooftops?
2. Full of clamor, a tumultuous city, a happy city, your fallen have not fallen by the sword, nor have they died in war.
3. All your officers wandered together, because of the bow they were bound; all those found of you were bound together; from afar they fled.
4. Therefore, I said, "Leave Me alone; let Me cry bitterly; do not hasten to console Me concerning the pillaging of the daughter of My people."
5. For it is a day of breaking and trampling and confusion to the Lord God of Hosts in the Valley of Vision, destroying the wall and shouting, "To the mountain!"
6. And Elam carried a quiver with a chariot of men, riders, and to the wall they attached their shields.
7. And it came to pass that the choice of your valleys were filled with chariots and the riders laid [siege] to the gate.
8. And he bared the covert of Judah, and you looked on that day to the weapons of the house of the forest.
9. And the cracks of the city of David you saw that they had increased, and you gathered the water of the lower pool.
10. And the houses of Jerusalem you counted, and you demolished the houses to fortify the wall.
11. And a ditch you made between the two walls and the water of the old pool, but you did not look to its Maker, and Him Who fashioned it from afar, you did not see.
12. And the Lord God of Hosts called on that day, for weeping, and for lamenting and for baldness, and for girding with sackcloth.
13. And behold, joy and happiness, slaying cattle and slaughtering sheep, eating meat and drinking wine; "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we will die."
14. "And it was revealed in My ears, the Lord of Hosts; [I, therefore, swear] that this iniquity shall not be atoned for you until you die, said the Lord God of Hosts.
15. So said the Lord God of Hosts: Go, come to this voluptuary, to Shebna, who is appointed over the Temple.
16. What have you here, and whom have you here, that you have hewn for yourself here a grave? He hews his grave on high; he hews a habitation for himself in the rock.
17. Behold, the Lord shall cast you about with a mighty toss, and cause you to fly.
18. He shall wind you around like a turban, like a surrounding wall, to a land of ample space; there you shall die, and there shall the chariots of your glory become the shame of the house of your master.
19. And I will cast you off your position, and from your station He shall tear you down.
20. And it shall come to pass on that day, that I will call My servant, Eliakim son of Hilkiah.
21. And I will dress him [with] your tunic, and [with] your girdle I will gird him, and your authority will I place into his hand, and he shall become a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
22. And I will give the key of the House of David on his shoulder, and he shall open and no one shall close; and he shall close and no one shall open.
23. And I will thrust him like a peg in a sure place, and it shall become a throne of glory for his father's house.
24. And they shall hang upon him all the honor of his father's house, the children and the grandchildren, all the small vessels, from the vessels of basins to all the vessels of the lyres.
25. On that day, says the Lord of Hosts, shall the peg, thrust in a permanent place, move, and it shall be cut off and fall, and the burden which is upon it shall be cut off, for the Lord has spoken.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 23

1. The harsh prophecy concerning Tyre: Wail, ye ships of Tarshish, for it has been pillaged from within, from coming; from the land of the Kittim he appeared to them.
2. Be silent, ye island dwellers; the merchants of Zidon, the seafarers replenished you.
3. And on great waters, the seed of Shihor, the harvest of the Nile was her revenue, and she became the mart of the nations.
4. Be ashamed, for the sea said, the stronghold of the sea, saying, "I have not travailed, nor have I borne, neither have I reared young men nor have I raised virgins."
5. Like the report concerning Egypt, shall they quake at the report of Tyre.
6. Proceed to Tarshish, wail, ye island dwellers!
7. Is this your joyful [city] from ancient times, whose feet carry her afar to sojourn?
8. Who planned this on the royal Tyre, whose merchants were princes, whose traffickers were the honored of the earth?
9. The Lord of Hosts planned it, to profane the pride of every position, to bring contempt upon all the honored of the earth.
10. Cross your land like a river, O daughter of Tarshish; there is no more strength.
11. He stretched His hand over the sea; He aroused kingdoms; the Lord commanded upon Canaan, to destroy its strongholds.
12. And He said, "You shall no longer continue to rejoice, O plundered one, O virgin daughter of Zidon; arise, cross over to Kittim; even there you shall have no rest.
13. Behold the land of the Chaldees, this people has never been; Assyria established it for fleets; they erected its towers, destroyed its palaces, made it for a ruin.
14. Wail, O ships of Tarshish for your stronghold has been spoiled.
15. And it shall come to pass on that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten for seventy years, like the days of one king; at the end of seventy years, it shall fare with Tyre like the song of the harlot.
16. Take a harp, go around the city, O forgotten harlot; play well, sing many songs, so that you shall be remembered.
17. And it shall be at the end of seventy years, that the Lord shall remember Tyre, and she shall return to her hire, and she shall have commerce with all the kingdoms of the earth upon the surface of the earth.
18. And her commerce and her hire shall be holy to the Lord, it shall not be stored nor shall it be inherited, but those who sit before the Lord shall have her commerce to eat their fill and for stately clothing.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 24

1. Behold the Lord empties the land and lays it waste, and He shall turn over its face and scatter its inhabitants.
2. And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest, as with the slave, so with his master, as with the maidservant, so with her mistress, as with the buyer, so with the seller, as with the lender, so with the borrower, as with the creditor, so with the one who owes him.
3. The land shall be emptied and it shall be pillaged, for the Lord has spoken this thing.
4. The land has mourned, it has withered, the land has been humbled and withered, the highest of the people of the land have been humbled.
5. And the land has deceived because of its inhabitants, for they transgressed instructions, infracted statutes, broke the everlasting covenant.
6. Therefore, an oath has consumed the land, and the inhabitants thereof were wasted; therefore, the inhabitants of the land were dried up, and few people remained.
7. Wine mourns, the vine is humbled, all joyful hearted sigh.
8. The joy of the drums has stopped, the stirring of merrymakers has ceased, the joy of the harp has stopped.
9. In song they shall not drink wine; strong drink shall become bitter to those who drink it.
10. The wasted city is broken; every house is closed from entering.
11. A cry for wine is in the streets; all joy is darkened; the joy of the land is exiled.
12. In the city there remains ruin; through desolation the gate is battered.
13. For so shall it be in the midst of the land among the peoples, like the cutting of the olive tree, like the gleanings when the vintage is over.
14. They shall raise their voice, they shall sing; of the pride of Lord they shall shout for joy more than [by the] sea.
15. Therefore, for the lights honor the Lord; in the islands of the sea, the Name of the Lord God of Israel.
16. From the end of the earth we heard songs, "The righteous shall be upraised." And I said, "I have my secret; woe is to me! the treacherous have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous have dealt very treacherously."
17. Fright and a pit and a trap [shall come] upon you, inhabitant of the land.
18. And it shall come to pass, that he who flees from the sound of the fright shall fall into the pit, and he who ascends from within the pit shall be snared in the trap, for windows from above have been opened and the foundations of the earth have trembled.
19. The earth has broken; the earth has crumbled; the earth totters.
20. The earth sways like a drunken man, and it sways like a lodge, and its transgression shall weigh down upon it, and it shall fall and not continue to rise.
21. And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord shall visit punishment upon the host of heaven on high and upon the kings of the earth on the earth.
22. And they shall be gathered a gathering [as] prisoners into a dungeon, and they shall be shut up in the prison, and [sins] of many days shall be visited [upon them].
23. And the moon shall be ashamed and the sun shall be abashed, for the Lord of Hosts has reigned in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before His elders will be glory.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 25

1. You are the Lord, my God: I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have dealt wondrously; counsels from long ago in true faith.
2. For You made from a city a heap, a fortified city into a ruin; a palace of strangers, because of the city, it shall never be rebuilt.
3. Therefore, shall a strong people honor You; a city of tyrannical nations shall fear You.
4. For You were a fortress for the poor, a fortress for the pauper in time of his distress, a shelter from pouring rain, a shade from heat, for the spirit of the tyrants is like a flood against a wall.
5. Like heat in the dry season, a multitude of strangers You shall humble; like heat with a thick cloud, so shall the downfall of the tyrants be sung.
6. And the Lord of Hosts shall make for all the peoples on this mount, a feast of fat things, a feast of dregs; fat things full of marrow, dregs well refined.
7. And He shall destroy on this mountain the face of the covering that covers all the peoples and the kingdom that rules over all the nations.
8. He has concealed death forever, and the Lord God shall wipe the tears off every face, and the shame of His people He shall remove from upon the entire earth, for the Lord has spoken.
9. And they shall say on that day, "Behold, this is our God: we hoped for Him that He would save us; this is the Lord for Whom we hoped; let us rejoice and be happy with His salvation.
10. For the hand of the Lord shall rest on this mount, and Moab shall be trampled in its place as the straw is trampled in the mire.
11. And he shall spread out his hands in his midst as the swimmer spreads out [his hands] to swim and He shall humble his haughtiness [together] with the cunning of His hands.
12. And the fortress of the strength of your walls He humbled. He brought it low; it reached the earth down to the dust.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 26

1. On that day, this song shall be sung in the land of Judah: "The city that was our strength-salvation shall He place [for] walls and a bulwark.
2. Open the gates, so that a righteous nation, awaiting the realization [of God's promise], may enter.
3. The creature that relied, You shall guard, [that there be] peace, peace, for they trusted in You.
4. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah the Lord, is the Rock of eternity.
5. For He humbled the inhabitants of the high places, the fortified city; He brings it low, he brings it low even to the earth, he makes it reach even to the dust.
6. A foot shall trample it, the feet of a poor man, the soles of the impoverished.
7. The way of the righteous that is straight-O Upright One, the path of the righteous, You shall weigh.
8. Even [for] the way of Your judgments, O Lord, have we hoped for You; for Your Name and for Your remembrance was the desire of [our] soul.
9. [With] my soul I longed for you at night; even [with] my spirit within me I beseeched You, for when Your judgments [come] to the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn justification.
10. Shall the wicked be favored-who did not learn righteousness? In the land of uprightness he deals unjustly, and he does not see the pride of the Lord.
11. O Lord, Your hand has been taken away that they not see; let them see and be ashamed. The envy of a people, even the fire that shall consume Your enemies.
12. O Lord, You shall prepare peace for us, for also the recompense for all our deeds have You dealt to us.
13. O Lord, our God, masters other than You have possessed us. Only concerning You will we mention Your name.
14. The dead shall not live, slackers shall not rise; therefore, You visited [upon them] and You destroyed them; You have put an end to any memory of them.
15. You have added to the nation, O Lord; You have added to the nation and have been honored; You have rejected all the ends of the earth.
16. O Lord, in their straits they remembered You; they pour out prayer when Your chastening is upon them.
17. As a pregnant woman comes near to give birth, she shudders, she screams in her pangs, so were we because of You, O Lord.
18. We conceived, we shuddered, as though we bore wind; we wreak no salvations [in] the land, neither do the inhabitants of the world fall.
19. May Your dead live, 'My corpses shall rise; awaken and sing, you who dwell in the dust, for a dew of lights is your dew, and [to the] earth You shall cast the slackers.
20. God, My people, come into your chambers and close your door about you; hide for but a moment, until the wrath passes.
21. For behold the Lord comes forth from His place to visit the iniquity of the dweller of the land upon him: and the land shall reveal its blood and it shall no longer conceal its slain ones.

Yeshayahu - Chapter 27

1. On that day, the Lord shall visit with His hard and great and strong sword on leviathan the barlike serpent, and upon leviathan the crooked serpent, and He shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
2. On that day, "A vineyard producing wine," sing to it.
3. I, the Lord, guard it, every moment I water it; lest He visit upon it, night and day I guard it.
4. I have no wrath; would that I were thorns and brier against the [objects of My] war! I would tread upon it and ignite it together.
5. If they would grasp My fortress, they would make peace for Me, they would make peace for Me.
6. Those who came, whom Jacob caused to take root, Israel flourished and blossomed and they filled the face of the world with fruitage.
7. Like the smiting who smote him did He smite him: like the slaying of his slain ones, was he slain?
8. In that measure, when they sent them out, it strove with it; He spoke with His harsh wind on the day of the east wind.
9. Therefore, with this shall Jacob's iniquity be atoned for, and this is all the fruit of removing his sin; by making all the altar stones like crushed chalkstones; asherim and sun-images shall not rise.
10. For a fortified city is solitary, a dwelling is forsaken and abandoned like a pasture; there a calf shall graze, and there he shall lie and consume its branches.
11. When its branches dry out, they shall be broken; women shall come and ignite it, for it is not a people of understanding; therefore, its Maker shall not have compassion on it, and He Who formed it shall not grant it favor.
12. And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord shall gather from the flood of the river to the stream of Egypt, and you shall be gathered one by one, O children of Israel.
13. And it shall come to pass on that day, that a great shofar shall be sounded, and those lost in the land of Assyria and those exiled in the land of Egypt shall come and they shall prostrate themselves before the Lord on the holy mount in Jerusalem.

read further here: http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=15958

Edited by mochiah
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:17pm

Ok lets go with your reasoning:

Yechezkiel - Chapter 35  Speaking about the end of current days (days of machiah)

1. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
2. "Son of man, direct your face toward Mount Seir and prophesy over it.
3. And you shall say to it: So said the Lord God: Behold I am against you, O Mount Seir, and I shall stretch forth My hand upon you and make you desolate and waste.
4. I shall lay your cities waste, and you will be desolate, and you will know that I am the Lord.
5. Because you had everlasting hatred, and you hurled the children of Israel by the sword, on the day of their misfortune at the time of the end of their iniquity.
6. Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, for I shall make you into blood, and blood will pursue you; for surely you hated blood, and blood will pursue you.
7. And I shall make Mount Seir into desolation and waste, and I shall cut off from you anyone passing through or returning.
8. And I shall fill his mountains with his slain, your hills and your dales and all your streams-those slain by the sword will fall in them.
9. I shall make you everlasting desolations, and your cities will not return, and you will know that I am the Lord.
10. Because you said, "The two nations and the two lands will be mine, and we shall inherit it," and the Lord was there,
11. Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, I shall commit [acts] like your wrath and like your [acts of] anger that you did out of your hatred for them, and I shall be known among them when I judge you.
12. And you will know that I am the Lord. I heard all your blasphemies that you said concerning the mountains of Israel, saying, "They have become desolate; they were given to us to devour."
13. You have magnified yourselves against Me with your mouth, and you have multiplied your words against Me; I have heard.
14. So said the Lord God: When the whole earth rejoices, I shall make you desolate.
15. As you rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel because it became desolate, so will I do to you; Mount Seir and all Edom will be desolate, even all of it, and they will know that I am the Lord.

You should read Yehezkiel 34-48 to know about the end of days(now):

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=63255
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/

Edited by mochiah
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

The Machiach will be The Kings OF KINGS and he will be a descendant of King David

The Messiah/Machiach/Maseeh is certainly an Israelite but the prophecy in Deutronomy, and the one in Shir Hashirim Chapter 5 and the prophecy on Arabia in Isaiah 21 have nothing to do with the Messiah and never even use the term "Messiah" or "Machiach".

Jews and Christians assume that just about any prophecy that mentions the coming of a righteous man or Prophet are about the coming of the Messiah, but this is just a baseless assumption.

As I have explained, the prophecies make it clear that more than one person is to appear, one riding a Donkey and another riding a Camel.

The one riding the donkey is the MESSIAH/Jesus/'Eesaa (peace be upon him) and the one riding the Camel is Mohammad (peace be upon him).

mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 1:52pm
The Machiach will be The Kings OF KINGS and he will be a descendant of King David
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:54am

That is not a correct conclusion. But thanks for giving such a long list of the various translations of the verse 73:15. The word in Arabic "Kamaa" is used for the likeness. It is generally used for the exact likeness.

The translation in English is being done "As we sent".  That shows clearly that Muhammad had been sent to his people (in the same way and style) that a messenger was sent to Pharoah. Now, please think why Muhammad was not compared or described in similitude with Abraham or Issac or Isa (Jesus). Why was it said that Muhammad was sent to the people as Musa (MOses) was sent to Pharoah.

I will not waste too much time on this. The translators had described the similitude in few words "As". They could not do it more than that in translation. But if you read the commentary of those same commentators / translators, you will find out the whole thing that I am right.

Also, another good and easy way will be to approach any learned Muslim and ask him the meaning of the verse 73:15. Ask him what does it mean that Muhammad is the like of Moses or not? he will tell you. It is a general belief. I like that you have done well to get the translations. Now please go to the commentaries of the same writers. thanks.

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:10am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

First thing first. In verse 73:15 it is said "Surely we have sent to you the messenger like we sent a messenger to Pharoah." What else proof do you need Doo-bop? You certainly know who was sent to Pharoah.

About Deut 17:15, that is correct about a King for the ISRAELIS. Not for a prophet for them and the world. That is written there that they will have a brother king. There is not only written brethren but also written brother too. It is natural that the king will be from the Israelis.

We have a complete narrative about the selection of a king for the Jews described in the Quran. That was when Saul was appointed a king for them. It is in Quran. That has nothing to do with a prophet the like of Moses to be raised.

Now Jews are in double trouble. The christians are fighting that That prophet is Jesus. The Jews do not admit him as a good man even. The Muslims admit Jesus as a prophet but christians think that is not enough goodness of the Muslims. The Muslims should believe in Jesus as a god. That is not possible.

The Jews are in double trouble because their saviour (Jesus ) had come to them but they rejected him. That was their first mistake. Then came Muhammad, the like of Moses as described in Deut 18:18. The Jews rejected him too. So, they are waiting for some one, I do not know who.

Are they waiting for their Messiah? Or or they waiting for That Prophet? What is the reality, only a man from the children of Jacob can tell us.

Pickthall Lo! We have sent unto you a messenger as witness against you, even as We sent unto Pharaoh a messenger.
Yusuf Ali We have sent to you, (O men!) an apostle, to be a witness concerning you, even as We sent an apostle to Pharaoh.
Hilali-Khan Verily, We have sent to you (O men) a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) to be a witness over you, as We did send a Messenger [Musa (Moses)] to Fir'aun (Pharaoh) .
Shakir Surely We have sent to you an Apostle, a witness against you, as We sent an apostle to Firon.
Sher Ali Verily, WE have sent to you a Messenger, who is a witness over you, even as WE sent a Messenger to Pharaoh;
Khalifa We have sent to you a messenger, just as we sent to Pharaoh a messenger.
Arberry Surely We have sent unto you a Messenger as a witness over you, even as We sent to Pharaoh a Messenger,
Palmer Verily, we have sent unto you an apostle bearing witness against you, as we sent an apostle unto Pharaoh.
Rodwell Verily, we have sent you an Apostle to witness against you, even as we sent an Apostle to Pharaoh:
Sale Verily we have sent unto you an apostle, to bear witness against you; as we sent an apostle unto Pharaoh:
Transliterated Arabic Inna arsalna ilaykum rasoolan shahidan AAalaykum kama arsalna ila firAAawna rasoolan

minuteman - none of the above translations of the verse says what you're saying.  None of them says that Muhammad is like Moses, they merely say that they were both sent apostles, something that could be said of any prophet!

And as for the phrase "from among their brethren" - as it applies to the kings of Israel, so it applies to the coming Prophet - it's meaning is clear.  It means "from among the Israelites".  Just as all the kings of Israel were to be Israelites (it is nothing to do with it being a "natural thing", it is because it is the commandment of God), so the Prophet would be an Israelite

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 2:18pm
I believe another reason why Jews reject Jesus as the Mashiach is because in the Talmud I believe there is a passage regarding peace proceeding the arrival of the Maschiach. Also, the "annointed One" is both human and Jew and will win the hearts and minds of both Jew and gentile alike. Of course there are others but this comes to mind.

Edited by Israfil
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

Since the Time of Jesus that was send to spread the noahite laws to gentiles the Christians have gone astray and started Idolworshipping when the Romans hijaked the message. Then G*D send Muhammad to spread the Noahite Laws to Gentiles.........

This suggests to me that you think the Lord Jesus and Muhammad were proclaiming the same message ie. the "Noahite laws".  Could you clarify?

7 Noahide Laws:

1. BELIEF IN G-D
Do not worship Idols

2. RESPECT G-D AND PRAISE HIM
Do Not Blaspheme His Name

3. RESPECT HUMAN LIFE
Do Not Murder

4. RESPECT THE FAMILY
Do Not Commit Immoral Sexual Acts

5. RESPECT FOR OTHERS� RIGHTS AND PROPERTY
Do Not Steal

6. CREATION OF A JUDICIAL SYSTEM