IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The work of the woman  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The work of the woman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The work of the woman
    Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:17pm

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato,

Bismillah arahman arahim,

I just want to know your opinions.What do you think of the work of the woman?

I shall make the subject more opened.Some "shikhs" say that the woman can work but with limits.For instance:She shouldn't be in an office alone with a man.And her work should be respectable...

But others say that it's disliked for the woman to work if she isn't in a bad need of money or her carrer is so important and really needs her.For instance:They say that if she has a husband or a father who can feed her and make her comfortable,It's disliked to work(I myself heard a trustful shikh saying:"even if my wife would bring lots of money by her work,I won't let her work").

But the strange matter in that topic is that I hear lots of ladies and girls saying that they want to work even they have money without working.They want to work to achieve their hopes in the future....

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato..

Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:26pm
If women don't work than who will be the teachers, doctors, nurses, therapists, that women need? And who will be working in the womens clothing stores and underwear shops, men? There will allways be a need for women to work, but not for every woman all the time. I have been home with kids for 7 years but will be going back to school for nursing. When my kids are older I certainly don't want to be sitting home and eating and watching television. I don't need the money either, but will want to work. And my profession is needed by society. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 10:05am

Everything in life requires balance. People have so many gifts and talents to benefit their families and societies.

I was recently reading a piece on some very talented Moslem sisters in the states who are doing incredible things.  I read about a 12-year old girl who was the youngest person to pass Bill Gates's course to do  programming. Not that she should work for Gates but she clearly has special talents that can benefit humanity. Those talents are from Allah.

People have dreams and hopes that are part of their development. Such as healing the sick, finding a cure for cancer, teaching the next generation, helping families.

Of course no one should neglect their other major duties but people are fully capable of doing both.

As Jenni mentioned their are roles in society that women need to do. For some women are perfectly happy staying at home even after  the kids have grown up. It might be that a good number of them end up driving their daughter-in-laws crazy   Others need and want to contribute in other ways.

I say volunteer at a school or orphange half the day if you do not need to work.  Why not?  Sometimes women do not do things cause they think they have nothing to offer. That is a shame.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
emsereen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emsereen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 2:15pm
Salam Alaykum,

If you and your husband agree that you should or can work. then of course,
and remember islamically you do not have to give money to the home, that
is your husband's responsibility but you can if you want. If you work outside
the house, remember you are a muslim and should act as such. It will also
improve our visibility. I have worked for 20 years in the advertising field and
I am not treated any differently from the other ladies. I am also a mahajaba.

salam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic