IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What if America Left?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What if America Left?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if America Left?
    Posted: 04 September 2006 at 9:45pm

I'd like to discuss this idea.......

It's quite interesting that many advocates who are against the war want the U.S out and many advocates for the war want the U.S to finish. But more a fair question to ask is as of now what if America left Iraq and Afghanistan? What would happen?

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:07pm

Bismillah

It would be fare to answer that it is none of American business to contemplate what will happen if America left and let the Iraqis and Afghans deal with their situation and request help from whoever they deem to be most appropriate and necessary.

It would also be good to charge America for the destruction and chaos it has brought to the country and region as a whole... Oh, and they could have Saddam as a take-away memorabilia.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:35pm

Israfil,

The Asians have always lived with their own bad governments and would prefer to live still with their bad governments instead of having foreign forces of good governments carrying out destruction and killing in their lands in the name of promoting democracy.

I believe that the US, the UK and Nato have entered the biggest quagmire of History. All of us know the Afghanis well. The Russians lived there for ten years and the West has already been there for five. The Russians had warned the US not to go in Afghanistan.

That is my view, dear brother. In my view, with the "best of intentions", both Iraq and Afghanistan are failures and would remain so.

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
KashifAsrar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KashifAsrar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:25am

It is none of the American business to remain in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. Let the population there decide what they want !!

Kashif

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:44am

You know, I agree with Mockba, Bmz and Kash, it is upto to the local people/government. It is obviously that the government wants america and others' help, and there are local people who are glad to have the help to. So in one sense I see from us that shouting or telling the americans to get out is a bit useless, at less from those afar.

Aparently there is a big US embrassy being built the biggest so far, I think I posted an article awhile ago about if not then its at the Pond.

When I see people saying that the US should leave, I always pose the view, What about those that want the help and security of others?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:28am

MOCKBA,

From you: "It would also be good to charge America for the destruction and chaos it has brought to the country and region as a whole... Oh, and they could have Saddam as a take-away memorabilia."

Exactly and likewise the cost of rebuilding Lebanon should be charged to Israel and come from the coffers of Israel. Why should others pay?

Best Regards

BMZ

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 8:51am

To this day we hear people talk about how we left Afghanistan in a mess and how we created the situation for OBL to grow into what he has so why in the world should we take that chance again? We could cut all ties to the middle east and we would still be blamed for the problems. I started to notice that no one in the middle east wants to accept responsibility for thier own actions. I would guess that the terrorists in Iraq has killed more civilians than the US since they actually target the local Iraq's who are trying to make the best of themselves by getting jobs and such but since nutjob with a bomb thinks they should not be working for the current government that they deserve to die. Of course no one seems to ever talk about that part of the war.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 8:52am

Lots of info on this BBC Page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5313376.stm

BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic