IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - None Believer interprets the Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

None Believer interprets the Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 1:45am
Originally posted by fogtrik fogtrik wrote:

<The Arabs were good with maths. Muhammad could have conceptualised a number like 14 billion. God could have told him 14B, he could have understood. This alone is proof that god never talked to a man, yet muslims twist this to say god�s time is different than our time. Nonsense>

I think the arabs were NOT good at math until Islam's time. If history is correct when
Muhammad started his mission there were about ten people who could read and
write in arabia, so their illiteracy include mathematic as well, what do you think fog?

Btw amalhayati2 has replied your query anything in it objectionable or agreeable to you?
part of it? or all of it?

Your post is all the way into wide screen by the way, it's really annoying.

Edited by superme
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 1:38am

Superme

Quote If history is correct when
Muhammad started his mission there were about ten people who could read and
write in Arabia

Are you joking or is that a case of lowering pre-Islamic Arabs to glorify Islam?

The Nabatean Arabs had a script of their own as the Arabic kingdoms in Southern Arabia.
The Arabs of Central Western Arabia had a very defective script which was used to write the Quran.
It had eventually to be perfected in a similar way as Hebrew to note vowel sounds and end conflicting views on pronunciation.
I believe several thousands pre-Islamic Arabs knew that script.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:51am

fogtrik wrote: The Arabs were good with maths Muhammad could have conceptualised a number like 14 billion. God could have told him 14B, he could have understood.
I replied: I think the arabs were NOT good at math until Islam's time

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Are you joking or is that a case of lowering pre-Islamic Arabs to glorify Islam?

The Nabatean Arabs had a script of their own as the Arabic kingdoms in Southern Arabia.
The Arabs of Central Western Arabia had a very defective script which was used to write the Quran.
It had eventually to be perfected in a similar way as Hebrew to note vowel sounds and end conflicting views on pronunciation.
I believe several thousands pre-Islamic Arabs knew that script.

My mother and my grandmother were two illiterate women in real sense of words, altho my mother asked me to show her in private what A B C look like, and how they sound. My grandmother died in the late 80's without knowing A or B nor 1 or 2. From real life experience I can see what the ummiy (illiterate) means in the Qur'an.

My mother was born around 1927. My father was lucky he went to primary school for three years, that's why he was so proud to tell me that he also knew what A B C look like. From this I can see what 1300 years look like behind them.

Of course Europe was a bit different, just by extra 500 years. Still though to look back for another 800 years behind Europe I see darkness everywhere.

Sometimes I wish to listen directly to what those historians actually have in mind while they talk. Do they see just like the way as I see?

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:01pm

Does anyone know where fogtrik went?    hmmm... pitty, we were on a roll here

probably cat caught his tongue, or there's a frog in his throat.  whichever -we're "all realated anyways"     by the fact we've been created by means of ONE method, by ONE God who also created nature and the laws that govern it.

*Allahumma inni radaitu billahi rabban, wa bil islami deenan, wabi muhammad nabiyan wa rasulan"

"Oh Allah, I accept Allah as my Lord, and Islam as my religion, and Muhammad as a Prophet and Messenger."

Edited by amalhayati2
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 9:05am

Religion makes people ignorant. Man has not been created by one method! One book says so, but possibly several hundred million pages support evolution. You understand non of it and therefore post closed minded silly things like this. Instead of your am prey, why don't you spend 30 minutes reading wikipedia.org about evolution, they dumb it down for the average reader? Fog.

Religion is a virus of the mind.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by fogtrik fogtrik wrote:

Religion makes people ignorant. Man has not been created by one method! One book says so, but possibly several hundred million pages support evolution. You understand non of it and therefore�post closed minded silly things like this. Instead of your am prey, why don't you spend 30 minutes reading wikipedia.orgut evolution, they dumb it down for the average reader? Fog.

Wikipedia is reliable source of Information:

Edited by ak_m_f
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:20am
ak, that was funny, i've been wikipedia bombed. it beats a letterbomb i quess. ok ok ok, i'll seek theray and tone it down. I'm getting bored of the forum, its not possible for us to discuss the quran. bluer skies, fogtrik 
Religion is a virus of the mind.
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:32am

David, there's not room here for anti-islamic remarks.  you don't know anything about the quran and you shouldn't try to arugue about it. you're a bad excuse for a debator.   it's common sence for a book of belief to have both rewards and punnishment. if you done something horrible when you were young and yo pops gave you a whoppin, that's what you deserved.  it's not because your pops is a horrific man. 

common sense david, that's all you need to understand the quran. 

by the way, in your PM you misspelled my name just how i misspelled yours- my name is Amal not Amay.

tell your 'muslim' friend that he don't know nothing about his religion and he's a sore excuse for a muslim.  just let him start reading the quran and you'll see how he gets rebound. 

20,000 women convert to islam a year.  try to explain that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic