IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - None Believer interprets the Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

None Believer interprets the Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: None Believer interprets the Quran
    Posted: 21 September 2006 at 6:52pm

I don't agree with the theory of evolution because it denies the reality of something so vivid and in-yo-face.  foggy, when you deny the existance of God, that's not simple deal.   that's belittleing the One who created you (i seek refuge in Allah from that.)

you think we practicing muslims would take this lightly?  and in the quran it states over and over again. 'in these are signs (of Allah) for people who think' 

it's a BIG deal dude.  don't be too proud.  one day you'll find yourself in a reckless situation and calling to God for help.  you'll never be able to refute the existance of Allah. 

"Let systems with feedback run long enought and stable patterns emerge" 

for something that has 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000  etc  chances of happening without divine intervention, it would take much much longer than 4 billion years.  It needs devine intervention.

if no fossil record shows of humans existing befor 130,000 years then that's a scientific fact.  in our minds that gives us a more or less idea of when Allah created mankind.  but why do we want to dwell on that?    it won't gain us nor lessend us in knowledge.  our role here on earth is to worship allah during our lifetime.  it's not to spend our whole life time figureing out where an organism is placed on a phylogenetic tree.  

you say 'due to the lack of evidence...'  fogtrik, its from the evidence that we got a clear messge:  0 CHANCE. 

what other evidence are you looking for? the question is whether you want to accept it or not.  OOOORR like what 'genious' evolutionary scientists do, produce an ad hox hypothesis and move on... 

Thank you but i choose to live a life to it's fullest through the guidance of Allah and His Messenger.

All i have to say is what the Quran alludes to 1400 years ago when the prophet was in a similar situation. 

Say, "O unbelievers.
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor do you worship what I worship.
Nor will I ever worship what you worship.
Nor will you ever worship what I worship.
To you, your religion; and to me, my religion."  (Quran ch 109)

fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 12:23pm

Amal, sorry about the name mispelling. Nice long reply. Guys guys, I don't hate the quran, but Amal you seem to hate evolution because of the quran? Amino acids exist in space - they are strange attractors in chaos theory. Let systems with feedback run long enough and stable patterns emerge. Sure, the start of life is speculative, but only due to the lack of evidence produced for this period.

Tell me on thing. There are no fossils of homo sapiens that exist older than 130,000 years! Where did man come from 130,000 years ago? Allah? I think not!

Foggy 

Religion is a virus of the mind.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:34am

Lemme enlighten you a little about the base foundation of the theory of evolution if youstill didnt know. 

Evolution is based on chance, probability.  in class they taught us that life arose by chance about 3 billion years ago. this is called the 'prebiotic soup'.  it's just a mixture of atoms of clay, water and other organic substances.  according to what my teacher taught me in evolution class, she said that molecules formed from these atoms and those molecules in turn formed macromolecules and eventually a whole cell with hundreds of different functions.    this is how life 'evolved'

simple enough?

here's the gig: let's take the simplest progein with 500 amino acids. (that's really small in comparison to how many genes our protiens are composed of.)   let's determine the probability of that protein to come into being by chance alone. 

the chance of a protein with 500 aa being formed by chance is 1 over 10950  that's  1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000  etc

put it in a calculator.  what'd u get?    a    b i g    f a t   0

you can't avoid divine intervention dude. they evolutionaryists couldn't either- they just over looked this and kept building on a baseless theory.

my teacher lightly touched upon this issue about chance in class.  but she ran over it quickely and lightly (as if the class wouldn't understad math probabilities and she wanted to get on with the next topic- 'Prince' Darwin and his 'revolutionary role')  when i raised my hand to ask 'then how come we are still building upon the theory of evolution when the foundation is nonexistant?  if you said it (subliminally) that there is 0 chance then why are you making assumptions of if's and and's'  she skipped over me.   (i had asked a couple other similar questions that she didn't like and could't provide an answer to that she got irritated and ignored me)

our hemoglobin molecule has 540 aa  if u think we're going to wait till chance comes allong and produces us a hemoglobin molecule, you're out of your mind.

sorry to burst your bubble there david, those 'several hundereds of millions of pages' in evolutionary studies could just kiss ma butt.

i ain't gonna dirty ma hands in deciphering how we humans 'arose' from apes or how a mouse evolved into a cammel. 

that's kids imaginaiton. 

Islam is simple. Evolution is discombobulated.

tootles :)

Edited by amalhayati2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:32am

David, there's not room here for anti-islamic remarks.  you don't know anything about the quran and you shouldn't try to arugue about it. you're a bad excuse for a debator.   it's common sence for a book of belief to have both rewards and punnishment. if you done something horrible when you were young and yo pops gave you a whoppin, that's what you deserved.  it's not because your pops is a horrific man. 

common sense david, that's all you need to understand the quran. 

by the way, in your PM you misspelled my name just how i misspelled yours- my name is Amal not Amay.

tell your 'muslim' friend that he don't know nothing about his religion and he's a sore excuse for a muslim.  just let him start reading the quran and you'll see how he gets rebound. 

20,000 women convert to islam a year.  try to explain that.

fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:20am
ak, that was funny, i've been wikipedia bombed. it beats a letterbomb i quess. ok ok ok, i'll seek theray and tone it down. I'm getting bored of the forum, its not possible for us to discuss the quran. bluer skies, fogtrik 
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by fogtrik fogtrik wrote:

Religion makes people ignorant. Man has not been created by one method! One book says so, but possibly several hundred million pages support evolution. You understand non of it and therefore�post closed minded silly things like this. Instead of your am prey, why don't you spend 30 minutes reading wikipedia.orgut evolution, they dumb it down for the average reader? Fog.

Wikipedia is reliable source of Information:

Edited by ak_m_f
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 9:05am

Religion makes people ignorant. Man has not been created by one method! One book says so, but possibly several hundred million pages support evolution. You understand non of it and therefore post closed minded silly things like this. Instead of your am prey, why don't you spend 30 minutes reading wikipedia.org about evolution, they dumb it down for the average reader? Fog.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:01pm

Does anyone know where fogtrik went?    hmmm... pitty, we were on a roll here

probably cat caught his tongue, or there's a frog in his throat.  whichever -we're "all realated anyways"     by the fact we've been created by means of ONE method, by ONE God who also created nature and the laws that govern it.

*Allahumma inni radaitu billahi rabban, wa bil islami deenan, wabi muhammad nabiyan wa rasulan"

"Oh Allah, I accept Allah as my Lord, and Islam as my religion, and Muhammad as a Prophet and Messenger."

Edited by amalhayati2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic