IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sharia: Coerced Conversion Binding?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sharia: Coerced Conversion Binding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharia: Coerced Conversion Binding?
    Posted: 11 September 2006 at 1:13pm

Quote Oh Jeez. Put me down with the dyslexic who pondered if there really was a dog.

Good one, EJDavid!

Serv

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 7:08pm
Sign*Reader, Andalus

Andalus - Thank you for the detailed and concise response to *Reader. I have never been one for reading instruction manuals [reference Ford door pannel tools above], and did not even know of the rule.

Sign*Reader - You wrote: In huge bright red print: "Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, but discussion can not take place here". Were you ever a Commuist? You sound just like an actual Commisar I once met on tour in the old Soviet Union!

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 6:53pm
Dear Andalus,

You wrote of my "masterful obfuscation" Wow! Between you and Serv I have the beginnings of an actual fan club. In my better years I was sometimes know as 'the legendary ejdavid' and was also thown out of some of the classiest forums in the world. I think the NY Times did it four or five times.

I had an especially good time with the Florida Election Fiasco. You remember picutures of guys looking for pregnant chads to determing voter intent etc. I threatened a comlaint to the ASPCA for animal cruelty. You see, I claimed the Democrats were also reading goat entrails to devine voter intent. And I must tell you the goats suffered greatly for it.

I recommeded a much more humane method which involved rubber gloves, and hoped the Democrats would consider the change. I also recommeded a better sort of Haitian goat for the purpose, as the ones being used seemed less then reliable for the purpose at hand. I think that exchange got me suspened, but maybe not. At anyrate Democrats have not had a sense of humor since.

Speaking of goats, I still have a knack for livestock rustling. For instance, I very recently got Hanan's goat, but, Allah willing, it has by now found its way back home!
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Andalus:
IM disappointed in your mod'ship, you violated your own rule on this section that " Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, but discussion can not take place here".

It is not my rule. If I were to dot every i and cross every t, the forum simply would not have any serious dialogue. Personally, I allow a thread to run its own course until it gets too agressive, or mods recieve too many complaints, or modes make an collective opinion, or adim does not like it.

Here ejdavid threw a bait and you and others bit that; were taken on a wild goose chase which ended up like the comic strip non sequitur or rather I would say a Special Olympics.

Actually, you are correct that it was a bait, and the original question used a rhetorical trick that clearly shoed bad intention.

But I was not taken on any wild goose chase.

What some fail to see is the forest beyond the treeline. When a post enters the forum like that, I have several rational choices:

1) close the thread

2) delete the thread and close it

3) directly respond to the thread's points

3) is the most rational. My reply is not necessarily to the contributor, but to those who come here to observe and investigate. After the contributor failed to seriously reply and make a solid case for the original claims, it will be apparent to anyone who reads as an observer what the stance of Islam actually is, and the masterful obfuscation that was attempted in return. I have no other claim to the thread beyond my participation. If you feel the thread is causing problems, then please do bring this to light and I will be happy to close it.

I ask you not to wish for such exacting adherence to the rules, as then more people will complain that the forum is overly moderated. The rules are there to protect and provide a bases from which to bring about some kind of order. I am not a machine and will not cling to them as Moses did with the ten commandments. They are a guide. I invite you to bring up any problems you find to any of the mods, and I promise to hear you out if you bring something up to me.

Kindest Regards 

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 4:13pm
Andalus:
IM disappointed in your mod'ship, you violated your own rule on this section that " Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, but discussion can not take place here".
Here ejdavid threw a bait and you and others bit that; were taken on a wild goose chase which ended up like the comic strip non sequitur or rather I would say a Special Olympics.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:35am
Angel, Serv

RE: Ladas, Trabants, and 1965 Chevrolet Corvairs.

I must appologize. Yesterday I decided to remove the water spots from the Corvair (convertible Monza 110) and was entirely unsuccessful. I simply became dispondent, and, out of despiration, simply Turtle Waxed over the water spots that would not cooperate and dissapear.

I am humbled and ashamed to present it to any strangers. Oh sure. From three feet away it looks like a James Bond Special. But anyone with even a bit of an eye will know the trueth. Even a Trabant Enthusiast [is that an oxymoron?]

Accordingly, I plead temporary insanity for any posts I have made in the last 24 hours. Although I seem to have improved the indiferent idle it has had for 30 years; what is THAT to a proper shine!

May Allah Hold The Rope!

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:14am

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Angel

All I said is converting people at gun point is different and inferior to what my people do. Specifically fund an orphange, and provide various matterial goods to those involved.

okay. 

Quote What in the living h*ll is there to argue about here?

were we arguing  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Yo! DJ, er, I mean, EJDavid!  It�s, like, who�s Steve?

Serv

lol!, I was woondering about that too

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic