IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ayats for the Non Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ayats for the Non Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ayats for the Non Muslim
    Posted: 25 August 2006 at 9:08am

2:62 VERILY, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians -all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve.

Inna allatheena amanoo waallatheena hadoo waalnnasara waalssabieena man amana biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri waAAamila salihan falahum ajruhum AAinda rabbihim wala khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoona

5:69 for, verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Sabians, and the Christians - all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds - no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve.

Inna allatheena amanoo waallatheena hadoo waalssabioona waalnnasara man amana biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri waAAamila salihan fala khawfun AAalayhim wala hum yahzanoona

45:14 Tell all who have attained to faith that they should forgive those who do not believe in the com­ing of the Days of God, [since it is] for Him [alone] to requite people for whatever they may have earned.

Qul lillatheena amanoo yaghfiroo lillatheena la yarjoona ayyama Allahi liyajziya qawman bima kanoo yaksiboona

60:8 As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: <>Asad(60,9) for, verily, God loves those who act equitably.

La yanhakumu Allahu AAani allatheena lam yuqatilookum fee alddeeni walam yukhrijookum min diyarikum an tabarroohum watuqsitoo ilayhim inna Allaha yuhibbu almuqsiteena

Edited by Angela
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 2:02am
Good Stuff :)

Islam is a great religion :)
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 5:42am

Muslims on Muslim forums keep repeating that Christians believe in three Gods, so they are polytheists by definition.

Here the Quran says that they believe "in God". Who is right, those Muslims on Muslim forums or the Quran?

The answer could be that the Quran implies by "God", God according to the Muslims and God according to the Christians.

Edited by Cyril
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 5:33pm
Its difficult to absorb the christain ideology.  God in three forms.. and God dying in one of his forms..etc.

Islam is pretty simple and very clear.

What you guys say to Holy Ghost/Spirit... We say Angel Gabriel.
What yoy say  to Son of God.. We say Prophet
What you say to God.. We say God (Allah)

Thats why logically or rationally its difficult to put together the christian point of view.

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 9:02pm

DigitalStorm

How about answering my question that stems from Angela's posted verses.
Are Christians monotheists or not?
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 4:12am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

DigitalStorm

How about answering my question that stems from Angela's posted verses. Are Christians monotheists or not?

I don't know how other people view this verse that is regarded as the last verse before the Prophet passed away. What is the meaning of virtuous here.

This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter. (5:5)

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 8:17am

YUSUFALI: Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

PICKTHAL: Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

SHAKIR: Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that on which any other name than that of Allah has been invoked, and the strangled (animal) and that beaten to death, and that killed by a fall and that killed by being smitten with the horn, and that which wild beasts have eaten, except what you slaughter, and what is sacrificed on stones set up (for idols) and that you divide by the arrows; that is a transgression. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of your religion, so fear them not, and fear Me. This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; but whoever is compelled by hunger, not inclining willfully to sin, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

2: 62 and 5: 69 mentioned in Qur�an should not be misinterpreted by the reader as mentioned by Ibn Abbas ( Tafseer al-Tabari, Vol 1. Page 323 ) that the provision of this verse was abrogated by the verse 3:85: "And whosoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in Hereafter, he will be one of the losers." [ i.e. after the coming of Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him ) on the Earth, no other religion except Islam, will be accepted from anyone. ]

( Footnote 2: 62, The Noble Qur�an )

I would like to add here. In case, someone was not properly explained Islam, for whatever the reasons, he/she may be judged only based on what common sense dictates in a location where he/she spent his or her life as Allah is the best judge, and He will do justice on the day of judgement. Let us see the scenario with some examples.

Killing an innocent person is wrong, no matter where one lives or the religion one belongs. That is also clear cut matter that everyone knows even if he is atheist, therefore, if offense committed is killing an innocent person, there will be punishment accordingly. Another example: if he does any good such as helps poor and needy, takes care of neighbors, parents and family etc, he she will be rewarded for that even when he didn't become Muslim because he was not properly explained the message of Islam or the message of Islam was not available to him , for whatever the reasons. Allah knows best.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 10:01am

Quote if he does any good such as helps poor and needy, takes care of neighbors, parents and family etc, he she will be rewarded for that even when he didn't become Muslim because he was not properly explained the message of Islam or the message of Islam was not available to him , for whatever the reasons.

There is exactly the same doctrine in Christianity.
But if you happen to know the Christian message that Jesus is God and you do not accept it, then whatever good deeds you do it will be of no avail, you will be jugded. Christians say salvation comes only through Jesus, once you have heard of him, of course.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic