IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discussion on Qur’an  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDiscussion on Qur�an

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion on Qur�an
    Posted: 29 August 2006 at 11:46am

Pity someone left. Its not healthy to take forums so seriously?

Foggy 

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 5:22am
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

ummmm.. andalus, are you still aruguing here?   you're arguing with nobody because he left a loong time ago.

No, I aruged a couple of days ago. And he claimed to have left even longer ago, but did not. After promising to leave the first time, I ignored his other final post, and then he was angry that I ignored it.

I don't see how you moderators are keeping things moderate in here.  it seems like all you guys look for is something negative to pounce on and ban it.  that's not the only role of a moderator you know. 

He was not banned. He was given a warning.

moderators let me remind you also tend to 'moderate' a tense situaion.  to diffuse an argument, to ballance out an awkward situation.... need i say more?

Actually you do. What does that have to do with this thread?

if you had kept the argument 'moderate' and not exacerbate the situaiton by proving yourself correct or disproving the other, you would have diffused the tension in the thread. your actions have produced the opposite of your role mister.  

I am a moderator, and also a participant. I am not just part of the background. Nothing I have done has given an opposite "role".

and now we lost a close, dedicated member that has been here longer than you have in islamicity forums.

assalam,

He left on his own. It is that simple. He was not "picked on",nor did we go out of our way to censor him. He went out of his way to insult me as moderator. I do not mind when someone takes a swipe at me during a heated thread. Such things happen. He did such in another thread, and I even gave him the "last word". That was not enough, so he decided to insult me as a moderator in a different thread, weeks after the fact. That is uncalled for. No one, in any forum, will be given such a "right". No one banned him, or was going to ban him. He was only warned. Do not blame me for his leaving on his own, blame him and his pride. He wanted to have a right that no one can pissible possess.

I am sorry if I have offended you.

Assalam Aleikum

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 8:13pm

ummmm.. andalus, are you still aruguing here?   you're arguing with nobody because he left a loong time ago.

I don't see how you moderators are keeping things moderate in here.  it seems like all you guys look for is something negative to pounce on and ban it.  that's not the only role of a moderator you know. 

moderators let me remind you also tend to 'moderate' a tense situaion.  to diffuse an argument, to ballance out an awkward situation.... need i say more?

if you had kept the argument 'moderate' and not exacerbate the situaiton by proving yourself correct or disproving the other, you would have diffused the tension in the thread. your actions have produced the opposite of your role mister.  

and now we lost a close, dedicated member that has been here longer than you have in islamicity forums.

assalam,

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I though you were leaving?

Some dreams do take a while to come true. 

Sir, I would have gone by now, I am the last person to hold any need, desire or the taste for staying in any infested place. But, I had to stay and clear a que of some very interesting PMs, from your other admirers since declaring my intention to Ban Myself from Islamicity.

I am sorry you are delusional. You hold yourself to high. Really. I have yet to find one serious contribution by you. Let me give you advice: It is OK that you talk to yourself and tell yourself how great you are and feel the need to affirm yourself, just becareful when you begin to answer yourself. 

Originally posted by whisper whisper wrote:

No need to panic, I will soon grant you your great wish, I don't have to stay to expose you, in time, you will do that for me.

More queen like drama. Stop threatening to expose me and just do it. The truth is, you are all talk. You have been making this claim a few times, and all you do is respond with more dribble. Lets be honest, your true ability is to talk people to death with nonsense until people become tired from you and desire peace so much that they just stop replying. Then you can look in a mirror and tell yourself how great you are. Its actually very funny. You talk people into submission. 

How nice. Are you using these double bold letters, to put a bit of power in your words? Or just to scare me?

Actually no. I was not going to say anything since you already look silly enough. I was not going to mention your laziness in how you format a thread, but since you have decided to draw a completely false and juvenile (are these "bold" letter ok?) point, I will make mention of it!

Not only do you try and talk people to death with silly editorials that you demand total allegiance to or else the wrath of more of your ad nauseam blithering and belligerent tautoligical dribble until the recipient submits or becomes to ill to continue, but you lack ability to properly edit your replies in a courteous fashion making it time consuming to write back in return. The "double bold" was due to your short comings and my lack of time to mess with it.   

My comment was AND STILL REMAINS AIMED AT FOGTRIK. They were also aimed at me, out of the blue.

You are welcome to share it with FogTrik if you insist. Any proper moderator would see that I am using "my comment" and he wouldn't have used They were.

More irrelevant blithering. You can whine and hide behind such juvenile strawmen about grammer nuances (such gimmicks are the fodder of the desperate), the point is, your post insulted me also. You can try and find irrelevant grammer errors all you want. The fact still remains. "They were" implies that there is more than one comment. I though you might have the ability to figure out such a basic notion. I am sorry. I will connect the dots for you next time.   

the fact remains, you have been warned. That's all there is to the matter.

Thank goodness, I have seen, known and lived under a few tinpot dictators in my life. Had I not seen the reality fo such peoples' potence, I would have been shivering by now and even may have gone into hiding since your warning.

And more endless diatribe. While you are going on about your life trying to appeal to emotion, try looking in the mirror and contemplating your participation. It seems that you have a love for dictators. You are nothing more than a rhetorical thug. You abuse anyone who diagress with you. You try with all of your might to stifle any dessent through your ad nauseam and insulting replies. You cannot stand that someone thinks you are wrong. You lash out with vile disgust. You condescendingly place your pitty if they happen to be from the west. Your abusive attitude and bellicose nature are the true signs of s despot. Yes, I can tell you have lived under dictators, and you have learned a great deal from them. So while you are trying to point your finger at me and accuse me of being a dictator, one only has to look through the sections in this forum that you graviate to, and watch how you molest all boundaries of hypocrisy. You cannot even agree to disagree. I even let you have the last word in the Cindy Sheehan thread, because there was no more benefit for either of us to continue. This was not good enough for you. Right? How dare that someone does not agree with you. You are such a despot, you had to fire off an insult, out of the blue, in a different thread at me! Seriously. How small and petty is that whisper? How egotistical and despotic is that? So much for the charade you put here about how refined you are. 

You are a hypocrit.

"thats all there is to the matter" is mere wishful thinking on your part. What grants you the divine right to disinform people in a public forum and then go scotfree? That click and paste quote from poor Aristotle?

Another deflection from the great and refined whisper. It is not a matter of divine rights, nor did I claim to have them. Your attempt to make an emotional appeal concerning a charge that is simply false is more of your cheap games. Lets stick to the facts. You made an insult at a moderator that was not even on topic with the thread. You cannot do this anywhere you go. Your desire to call it a "seasoned observation" is a desperate response. You can call it anything you like. Here it is called an insult at moderation. Thats it.

What gives me the right to call it an insult? The staff who wrote the rules and makes that judgement. 

and will not allow you to get away with insulting moderators.

What Moderators have I insulted?

I am taking just ONE Neo Moderator to task. Let me assure you in the gentlest possible way, Sir, that each member on this board holds all the rights to question anyone, including a moderator.

You insult the staff when you question the methods used here to select moderators. That is a direct insult to admin. Try cracking open a critical thinking book.

No one ever comes to hold any divine rights. A very simple tip: even amoderator has to earn respect, in any public forum, in his or her own right.

Baseless assertion.

Demand respect and see how much respect you get from around here.

Are you blind whisper? Are you having comprehension problems? Are you overlooking what I have said or not said due to your desire to nit pick through grammer nuances?

Stay focused: I do not want anything from you. I do not care if you respect me or not. Clear? I do not hate you, nor do I like you, I am neutral.

The two are not the same,

The basic principle is exactly the same. Are you trying to tell us that it's okay to slander Cindy Sheehan only because she is not a Muslim woman? But some tinpot moderator is somehow the only untouchable thing in our world?

No, they are very different.

No, I am not saying it is ok to slander anyone. You are saying that if I do not agree with you, then it is ok to insult me out of the blue.

CIndy Sheehan is a nut. Thats what I think. I have my reasons. I am sorry that as a Muslim, you have so few great figures in your life that you feel you must give her any serious attention to a fringe wing nut job. 

Your argument for being able to cross topics and threads and hurl an insult at me as a moderator has numerous flaws, and is unrealistic.

Let me connect the dots:

What you are suggesting is that when I, as a moderator, disagree with you, or your view, that you then have the right, because I have disagreed with you, to insult me, with an insult irrelevant to the topic that I disagreed with you about, in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic I disagreed with you on.

Now you are trying to be "clever", and equate my opinion of Cindy, as a slander, and then declare you should be able to have the right to "slander" me,.

This fails due to the erroneous nature of your thinking. It is simply convoluted.

If we follow your twisted scheme, then this forum should shut down as no one would be able to disagree without someone asserting the disagreement as an insult or slander to the point of topic, giving freedoms to hurl insults at the other when the need comes about.

If you truly cannot see the incoherence in your position, then you are lost.

How is an off the wall insult to me as moderator have any conenction to what I said in the Sheehan threr 

And, it's also okay to jump in a "Yes, True" in a slanderous string? I don't need any long explanation of what you meant, I can only read what you posted.

Thats a real nice deflection whisper. Masterful!

In that particular post, it came as an affirmation. I would have forgotten about it if it weren't from a Moderator.

We expect a moderator to be more responsible than other posters. Learn your responsibility and earn your respect instead of claiming it through proclamations.

More convoluted nonsense.

And again, I have never asked you for your respect. I simply do not care.  

You rational behind your attempt at a false analogy in order for you to excuse yourself

I hold no need at all to "attempt" at anything leave aside to excuse myself from something.

You always hide. You hide behind your charade of wordly sophistication. You hide behind little games of sematics and deflections, you hide behind insults and your infated ego. You hide all the time.

You don't know me at all. I have been at Islamicity for 5 years plus.

I know your pattern of behavior. Thats sufficient.

(You are so predictable, I know, you will point out my joining date - I had lost my "Khanzadeh" password in software crash and I rejoined after attempts at obtaining it)

I am not the one to derail a thread by trying to make points of grammer nuances and such trivial nonsense. No Whisper, that is only something you would look at and assume is a mistake. I give people, including you, the benefit of the doubt, and I know not to conclude that because your date is one thing, that it does not necessarily imply that you are lying.

Why should I excuse myself? From what? Your fear? What can you do to me? Take my life?

Your drama is taking my life.  

You can't even ban me. I am banning myself from a place with someone like you in it.

When did I claim that I would ban you? More drama. Have you ever thought about taking up a position of writer for a novela?

And FYI. No one is banned unless it has been discussed (not that I ever said I was banning you).

If you continue to go against the guidlines of moderation, then you will be banned, just as I would be banned.

Bann yourself? This is your second threat of leaving.

If you had any sense at all you would look around and attempt to find out why someone (or, in fact, quite a few someones) should begin to question the criteria of Islamicity moderator selection.

Everyone has opinions and likes and dislikes. Unless it is a solid charge, I do not care. It is that simple. 

You are free to rant and have had many freedoms here. For the sake of reality, you have nothing to complain about.

The truth is, your ego is bruised. Why else would you have the passion to create a mountain from a mole hill, cross forum sections to hurl an insult that stems from an irrelevant thread and the insult was not even relevant to the thread where I disagreed with you. How crazy is that? Seriously. 

Do I find any joy in that?

In wasting my time hashing over your mangled drama?

Why have I not questioned it through all these five years?

Why is it that at this point, you have given me no reason to care? The mystery of the internet. Lets contemplate.

I don't know you personally, I have nothing against you other than your attitude and your utter ignorance. You may be a great pleasure some Richard Perl or David Frum, you are no pleasure for us.

It might help you just to take a look at your own self, once in a while.

Good luck and thank you. When is the firing squade coming?

Thank you for your observations and I will put them under advisement.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 7:27pm
Assalaamualaikum

Brother Whisper, no one has divine rights. The only thing we ask of members is to follow the guidelines of this forum so that this place does not become a "boxing ring".

You have the right to express your opinions and disagree with anyone. I am not saying anything about your opinions. But repeatedly putting down someone for his political views isn't right. Yes, Br Andalus is moderator and whether you like him or not, he deserves respect. So do you. So does everyone.

We wouldn't want you to leave. If you just don't break the rules, Honestly. We don't enjoy banning people. But we have to make sure guidelines are followed.

So think calmly. Peace be to you.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 5:55am

You have been warned against attacking moderators (and users). This is your last and final warning. This place is for peaceful discussions. ANYBODY breaking the guidelines will face the consequences. This is your last chance.
Sister Amah, when did I last attack a moderator? Could you please quote one instance before this one?

I am not insulting anyone at all. Even a moderator has to earn his own respect. No one holds any divine rights.

About my leaving, please read: "I am Banning Whisper".

I hope your Neo Moderator helps in keeping it peaceful, it would be a task with his attitude.

My best and final regards.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 5:46am

I though you were leaving?

Some dreams do take a while to come true. 

Sir, I would have gone by now, I am the last person to hold any need, desire or the taste for staying in any infested place. But, I had to stay and clear a que of some very interesting PMs, from your other admirers since declaring my intention to Ban Myself from Islamicity.

No need to panic, I will soon grant you your great wish, I don't have to stay to expose you, in time, you will do that for me.

How nice. Are you using these double bold letters, to put a bit of power in your words? Or just to scare me?

My comment was AND STILL REMAINS AIMED AT FOGTRIK. They were also aimed at me, out of the blue.

You are welcome to share it with FogTrik if you insist. Any proper moderator would see that I am using "my comment" and he wouldn't have used They were.

the fact remains, you have been warned. That's all there is to the matter.

Thank goodness, I have seen, known and lived under a few tinpot dictators in my life. Had I not seen the reality fo such peoples' potence, I would have been shivering by now and even may have gone into hiding since your warning.

"thats all there is to the matter" is mere wishful thinking on your part. What grants you the divine right to disinform people in a public forum and then go scotfree? That click and paste quote from poor Aristotle?

and will not allow you to get away with insulting moderators.

What Moderators have I insulted?

I am taking just ONE Neo Moderator to task. Let me assure you in the gentlest possible way, Sir, that each member on this board holds all the rights to question anyone, including a moderator.

No one ever comes to hold any divine rights. A very simple tip: even amoderator has to earn respect, in any public forum, in his or her own right.

Demand respect and see how much respect you get from around here.

The two are not the same,

The basic principle is exactly the same. Are you trying to tell us that it's okay to slander Cindy Sheehan only because she is not a Muslim woman? But some tinpot moderator is somehow the only untouchable thing in our world?

And, it's also okay to jump in a "Yes, True" in a slanderous string? I don't need any long explanation of what you meant, I can only read what you posted.

In that particular post, it came as an affirmation. I would have forgotten about it if it weren't from a Moderator.

We expect a moderator to be more responsible than other posters. Learn your responsibility and earn your respect instead of claiming it through proclamations.

The rational behind your attempt at a false analogy in order for you to excuse yourself

I hold no need at all to "attempt" at anything leave aside to excuse myself from something. You don't know me at all. I have been at Islamicity for 5 years plus. (You are so predictable, I know, you will point out my joining date - I had lost my "Khanzadeh" password in software crash and I rejoined after attempts at obtaining it) Why should I excuse myself? From what? Your fear? What can you do to me? Take my life?

You can't even ban me. I am banning myself from a place with someone like you in it.

If you had any sense at all you would look around and attempt to find out why someone (or, in fact, quite a few someones) should begin to question the criteria of Islamicity moderator selection.

Do I find any joy in that? Why have I not questioned it through all these five years? I don't know you personally, I have nothing against you other than your attitude and your utter ignorance. You may be a great pleasure some Richard Perl or David Frum, you are no pleasure for us.

It might help you just to take a look at your own self, once in a while.

Good luck and thank you. When is the firing squade coming?

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 11:33pm
Assalaamualaikum

Whisper, I really do not understand your problem. You have no right to insult brother Andalus. Just because your opinion differs from someone, doesn't give you the right to insult them.

You said you were leaving,huh? what happened?

You have been warned against attacking moderators (and users). This is your last and final warning. This place is for peaceful discussions. ANYBODY breaking the guidelines will face the consequences. This is your last chance.

Wassalaam.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic