IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Singling out of Muslims in Airports  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singling out of Muslims in Airports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singling out of Muslims in Airports
    Posted: 20 August 2006 at 9:25am

Bismillah,

Salaamu Alaykum to my fellow Muslims of any sect or no sect,

This morning on the McLaughlin Group TV show, all of the panel members supported targetting and singling out Muslims at airports for extensive searches.

Having been through this myself with my three young children in England, I today encourage all of us to work together to do everything we can to stop this unwarranted, inaccurate profiling.  Why was I targetted?  Because I was a Muslim woman, and that was obvious because of my clothing, my scarf. 

Brothers, defend us!  Sisters, speak out on this issue constantly.  Our goverment put the Japanese in interment camps; now they have invaded our homes with spy equipment, our phones with taps, and our travel by singling us out.  Our names are already on lists at airports already just because they are Islaamic sounding.  Now they want to search only Muslims and allow non-Muslims straight through.

Let's work together to defend ourselves from this onslaught.

And anyone else who is not Muslim should think about how these methods will be turned on them whenever another group is designated as an enemy of the state. 

Many, many Muslims would never consider raising a gun to anyone or hurting another person physically in any way.  That they the government could make such false claims and have all of the media on a national roundtable group suport its argument should cause anyone who thinks about the future to feel concern for themselves as well.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic