IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Celebrities condemn terrorists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrities condemn terrorists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrities condemn terrorists
    Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:09am

Nicole Kidman condemns terrorists

Thursday Aug 17 09:02 AEST

Nicole Kidman has made a public stand against terrorism.

The actress, joined by 84 other high-profile Hollywood stars, directors, studio bosses and media moguls, including News Corporation chairman Rupert Murdoch, has taken out a powerfully-worded full page advertisement in the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

It specifically targets "terrorist organisations" such as Hizbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Palestine.

"We the undersigned are pained and devastated by the civilian casualties in Israel and Lebanon caused by terrorist actions initiated by terrorist organisations such as Hizbollah and Hamas," the ad reads.

"If we do not succeed in stopping terrorism around the world, chaos will rule and innocent people will continue to die.

"We need to support democratic societies and stop terrorism at all costs."

A who's who of Hollywood heavyweights joined Kidman and Murdoch in the ad.

The actors listed included: Michael Douglas, Dennis Hopper, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Danny De Vito, Don Johnson, James Woods, Kelly Preston, Patricia Heaton and William Hurt.

Directors Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Michael Mann, Dick Donner and Sam Raimi also signed their names.

Other Hollywood powerplayers supporting the ad included Sumner Redstone, the chairman and majority owner of Paramount Pictures, and billionaire mogul, Haim Saban.

�AAP 2006

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:07am
In retaliation Hamas has banned Nicole Kidman's movie in Palestine.

Edited by ak_m_f
Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:25am

Nicole Kidman also terrorizes many people by revealing and exposing herself in videos. I condemn her.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:49pm
Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Angel what else would you expect from all these falsies and our great Rupert ze Aussie? The outright truth?

Well, Mr. Whisper, as I'm pretty certain you've read in many of my posts, I cannot abide Hollywood....I rarely watch a movie, post 1949, and share your view that they are a bunch of phonies. 

That being said, I do agree that it is a good thing that they have for once had the gumption (i.e., nerve, fortitude) to publically state they are against terrorists. Don't you agree that is proper?  Or am I missing something here?  I'm sure you'll let me know!!!  (Even when I agree with Sasha he can make it look like I'm disagreeing.)  I know you are not "with" terrorists....even though you hate the ugly American, like me.  But you're much too wise to consort with terrorists of any type.

Peace to you always.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

Nicole Kidman also terrorizes many people by revealing and exposing herself in videos. I condemn her.

Well, what are you doing watching those wretched videos in the first place???  If you watch them, you are not in any position to condemn her!  Can you "caste the first stone?"

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 6:40pm
!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 August 2015 at 9:57pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

Well, what are you doing watching those wretched videos in the first place???  If you watch them, you are not in any position to condemn her!  Can you "caste the first stone?"

Patty, I condemn what you said.

How can you say that I watch? How will I follow something which I condemn? I have condemned her.

In Islam, it is haraam to watch such things.

Anyway, she can do whatever she wants to do. After all, she is a non-muslim.

Edited by Muhammad77
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic