IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Prostitution behind the veil"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Prostitution behind the veil"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 4:53am

Kim,

Did you find a country run by a religion... ? And what is Australia run by?

MOCKBA
bissmillah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bissmillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 5:40am
Australia is a beutiful and graceful place with many great opportunity but some of us might not be to some point and we have many great and good people and louzy to gooders too you'll find that any where in life or religion for that matter, and most of us aint cold hearted or blind individual either, we are pretty much the neutral side to everything, well Iam anyway!! I cant speak for all australian but I wont pretend that We are all not perfect creatures either. and as for kim she runs her life base on womans right and votes...thats what she had mentioned on her previouse post. not all of us is like her though...

Edited by bissmillah
Azadeh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azadeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 7:00pm

Kim

SBS says that Mina and Fariba [two prostitutes in the film] mirror Iranian society. It's [edited]! a dirty lie!

Iranian society is hardly reflected in the movies & documentaries SBS

shows. I don't say Iran is an ideal country with an ideal government, I say, if somethings are going wrong there, it's not for Westerns to set it right! Iran has enough bright minds to fix things up!

Azadeh!  

Edited by MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:56am
From the converstions I have had with Iranians online, Iran has been waiting for a long, long time for it's bright minds to fix things up...and are still waiting. Especially since so many millions of these bright minds left the country a long while ago. Would _you_ go back and live there? Try changing the place by voting in elections...except they're rigged, of course.

I would _love_ to see the place myself!

Kim...

Edited by kim!
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 5:36pm

there is nothing more rigged than the artificial world headed by america and her allies... if evidences to get a license to invade a country and bring down unimaginable horror upon its citizens is fabricated what on earth makes you so convinced that your votes are not.

yes there is prostitution in iran, there is theft, there is murder, rape but at least it is not something which is openly practiced and advocated by the government or the media of the country... it is unconditionally forbidden.    

if Iran was given a chance to live and trade without america and her allies barking at its doors, continuously sowinq seeds of discord among its people and meddling with its internal affairs things might have looked different. its amazing how bush and his allies have people's blood to quench their thirst for oil... what lies they are prepared to tell for oil... and Iran happens to have some.

It may be dramatic watching veiled prostitute narrating her sadness and pain... but resorting to the solution she has chosen to ease her condition is not the best option from what could be available... there are lines not to be crossed even in extreme situations.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 6:08pm

Mockba - I agree with you a certain extent - the West can be a Bad Friend, but it must surely also be true that many of Iran's problems have been brought upon themselves. I mean, _who_ demanded the revolution? Who let the Ayatollah have that much power?

Kim...

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 6:52pm

You have not mentioned anything that i could deny completely, therefore i can't but agree with you, too. And that is the beauty, i guess, of being able to form a multi-dimensional picture.

Some of Iran's problems are surely brought upon by the country itself, but with active involvement of external forces it is difficult to distinguish who brings up what.

Revolutions are artificial, too. Venezuela, Ukraine, Georgia, Haiti, Indonesia. Power does not need to be always given... sometimes it is taken by force, some times it is stolen but made to appear otherwise.

It is said that during the time of the Dajjal (The False Messiah) appearance will not conform with reality. We can't say we have reached this time with assurance but we are definitely getting closer...

MOCKBA
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 7:43pm

Hi again,

Look, I _know_ it's not all gloom and doom in Iran and that the West has a fairly bent view of Iran, but from what I have read and people I have spoken to, I really don't think that Iranian people got what they bargained for when they fought for their revolution. It appears that religion was then forced upon them, instead of being something people took up joyfully.

Hopefully human cloning will be perfected during Khatami's lifetime ;) - whatta guy! Iran needs more Khatamis, in my opinion.

Kim...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic