IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - creation never happened!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

creation never happened!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 1:14pm

You guys are a good bunch, but "Amalhayati", It was Richard Dawkins, who made up the idea about the tea pot, not me. Dawkins in regardless to DNA is brilliant. His ideas on Religion are also ahead of their time. The belief in a god or the orbiting tea pot is the same thing, its just a belief with no proof either way.

In his recent BBC show called, 'the root of all evil' Dawkins pointed out that religion is a virus spread by minds and the world would be a much better place without it. People world wide should stop teaching their kids religion so the next generation could grow up peacful. Take Jerusalem for example and the three faiths, Jewish, Islam and Christainity. It only separates kids and leads to problems! He's got a good point. You can base your idenity and culture on who you are, not the creator you believe in.

I've posted alot on American Fundamental Christian and they just don't want to know. Folks on www.evolutionisdead.com take the bible word for word. Basically God made man and man didn't evolve from primates, of story! People there are so stupid!

You all seem more open minded. I get the impression you accept the reality of evolution and that Allah may have helped it? Good discussion so far, but some of you know very little about structural biology, evolution etc, however alot of you know alot about science.

The Universe is most likely full of life, the evolution of matter, be it stars or molecules is a natural process and it doesn't need a creator.

Peace

Fogtrik

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 7:15pm

The issue of creation and evoluton to me is matter of which side of view when we view it.
A multi storey building that was built for 3 years is an eternity when it view by a fly which only live for 3 weeks just for example.

As a religious person who view this matter as the way God sees I see all of this as a creation. When I see this from human point of view it is painfully long. That is why the believe in decree in Islam is compulsory, because if we see all of this from God's point of view than they have happened. But for the astronomers themselves they seem always seeing the universe in compressed picture too except that they have a blank picture for the future - still.

When it come to human creation - to me from ape to human does not fit to the picture. The existance of apes along side us today is an indication of a third party interference in bringing some apes into human otherwise the evolution should work in universal way.

I am sure you have considered this.

Edited by superme
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Andalus,

Perhaps we are working from different definitions and views of the word evolution. 

Evolution to me is the process of something adapting over time until it no longer is the thing it started out to be. 

Example the Hyracotherium, a small dog like creature that stood only two feet tall.  This creature over time adapted to changes in the environment, ecosystem and climate to become our modern horses. 

Now, many of the varieties of Horses are from selective breeding done by humans, but we are only capitalizing on an ability already found in nature.

Does this mean that the Hyracotherium was a cosmic accident or part of God's greater plan?  An Athiest would say that the Hyracotherium was just an accident of pure Evolution from no divine origin.

I say that the "chart" does not offer any evidence that one fossil is linked, or must necessarily be linked to the other by way of "evolution", and the evidence that suggest that it is is nothing more than circumstantial. Darwin's disciples are simply assuming "natural selection" which is a tenent of the faith, and are not pointing out anything that must necessarily be so.

But I do understand your point.

Originally posted by angela angela wrote:

I argue that the Hyracotherium was part of God's plans to bring forth the Horse which has been a blessing to mankind.  God/Allah is a creator.  Do we believe his creation of this world ended?  No of course not. 

I argue that the conlcusions about the "hyracotherium" evolution chart are not based on the evidence, and that the disciples of Darwin are trying to stretch the evidence to fit their assumption.

Originally posted by angela angela wrote:

So perhaps its that we are on different pages when it comes to the term Evolution. 

The black man developed darker skin to adapt to the intense sunlight and protect from skin cancer.  The Scandinavian peoples are fair because they had less sunlight and colder temperatures so they had to be able to absorb more from the sun. 

For me Adaptation and Evolution are the same.  The Theory of Evolution as presented by Darwin is false in its basic need that there was no creative force controlling things.

I can believe in dinosaurs and evolution and still believe in creation.  I just don't believe in the literalist view of creation that many religious people do. 

I understand! Thanks for your explanation.  

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 1:17am

ANGELA Wrote:

The black man developed darker skin to adapt to the intense sunlight and protect from skin cancer.  The Scandinavian peoples are fair because they had less sunlight and colder temperatures so they had to be able to absorb more from the sun.

This is correct to some extent, caucasions in the north also need sun light on their skin to make vitamin D. The Inuit in the artic however get Vitamin D from their diet.

With Evolution you need to all so consider Epigenetics. Basically the gene's expression can change (on of off : the chromatin open of closed) from factors such as nutrition, stress, environmental factos.

Think of all the races of people. Then take the spanish for example, who live a spanish lifestyle, over 1,000's of years their culture has to a small degree shaped how they look.  The same for Muslims and Asians, and who ever.

Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:56am

fogtrik wrote : creation never happened !

fogtrik, I want to ask you this question. The question is - Do you believe in God? Or are you an atheist?

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:58am

Allah is The Creator !

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:59am

Allah The Creator

It is only logical to believe that before anything was created there had to be a Creator. It is, also, only logical to believe that this Creator had to be an eternal being without beginning or end and that nothing could be like this Creator. It is this Unique Being Whom the Qur'an calls Allah the Lord, the Only Supreme Being worthy of worship.

When Allah the Most High decided to create the earth, sun, planets, stars, and the galaxies - those that are known and those that are unkown to us - He commanded them: 'Be!' and they were. Almighty Allah said: Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, 'Be!' - and it is!   Surah 36:82

As for the method of creation, it is unknown to us except what Allah revealed, which is that He created the heavens and the earth and the spaces in between in six days.

Allah the Exalted declared: Allah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six days.   Surah 32:4

These six days are calculated as Allah the Almighty's days. This means they are not like our days on earth, as we count the day according to the earth's rotation once around its axis and the year according to its orbit around the sun. Perhaps these six days are thousands of years, or even millions of centuries, by our calculation nowadays, or perhaps they are more or less than that. They might be something totally different by Allah's reckoning.

Allah told us that He created the heavens, the earth, and everything that is between them in six days, then established Himself on the throne of the universe. Everything submitted to His will; everything was indebted to Him; everything prostrated and showed reverence to Almighty Allah. He controlled the working of everything and everything needed Him. He is the One Who needs nothing and no one, but everything and everyone needs Him. All was complete. Allah the Almighty's will had been accomplished. The universe was created and had prostrated to Him as a symbol of its need and its desire for sustenance and in submission to His will.

Edited by Muhammad77
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

fogtrik wrote : creation never happened !

fogtrik, I want to ask you this question. The question is - Do you believe in God? Or are you an atheist?

what has that got to do everything ?

You are saying that to believe in God you must believe in creationism. If you don't then you are an atheist otherwise. where is the logic in that?

Please, I believe in God for which I am theistic and believe in the big bang and evolution but don't necessarily believe in creationism! Does that make me an atheistic does it, even though i believe in (a) God?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
  Share Topic