IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - America, the Disliked, but why so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, the Disliked, but why so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 9:16pm
Semar the question pertains to the individual not a copy and paste article I'm asking for your personal opinion and/experience
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 9:54pm

Bismillah

Assalamu'alaikum Brother Israfil,

Unfortunately the world is not as perfect as we want it to be. Sometimes I wonder too, at the insanity of the officials and government representatives gathering to discuss the war to the attention of the world media and not come up with any way to stop it. Like many other of my brethren, I never expect some organization to come to the rescue of Muslim people. We must begin helping ourselves and pray for Allah's support.

Our shortcomings may be mostly to our fault, but lets also consider others' thirst for world dominance and control over natural resources that disturbs our peace.    

I could try to understand why someone is willing to detonate the bomb and tear himslef apart together with the surrounding innocents, this however does not mean that I support such an act and advocate its permissability. If i did, I would no longer be communicating with you... Therefore try not to be too quick in making assumptions.

Your main question was related to America and the reason why it was disliked. We were not discussing solutions. I gave a lengthy introduction and briefly answered your question though I must add that I was referring more to the Administration and not the people of your beautiful continent.

You ignore some interesting articles that answer your question in details and turn the subject in a different direction. In fact, I recommended a whole book that would help you find answers, but you seem to have missed it. Not all of us are fluent in English, and not many can express ther thoughts in the way they wanted to. Hence, reading some of the articles they share with us, helps. I think my participation on your question was sufficient and complete, I will leave it to others' contribution.

wassalaam.

MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 10:23pm

Brother if were so kindly referr to my inquiry I never implied an article nor did I discourage it either but more importanly I'd like for people to post their opinion. I offered solutions as in the context in offering my opinion on this manner, this is natural for any discussion which parties disagree.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:54am

Bismillah,

Don't you know my personal opinion then?  I agree with Brother Mockba, drawing your attention to these paragraphs especially:

Brother Mockba said:  You are better aware of how 400 years of slavery has effected you personally and how such effect can be compared to a person's who has lost his family in a rocket attack today. I am not sure if it is appropriate for you to draw such comparisons. Do you feel the pain of your 4th generation forefathers' tortures the same way a child is feeling hers after losing her limbs in an a rocket attack today? You may attribute this to my "passionate plea (in the sense of the word") but i find it not very right for the person who had just had a wholesome meal in the comfort of peace at his house to call those starving in pain and in the midst of war for patience. To advise "brethren on the other side of the world" to exercise patience, you have to be on that side of the world and feel it...

It is forbidden to kill oneself intentionally in Islam, regardless of whether it kills or endangers others. I hope we agree on this. Now going back to the main question you posed, have you ever noticed how many innocents has your army killed, raped and humiliated in various parts of the world just over the last few years...? Perhaps if you took a closer look you would't be looking for answers and personal opinions anymore.

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:06am

Bismillah,

Also, I know non-Muslim Americans whose families have been here for a few hundred years, who hate America and are ashamed to be American.  Some people are morally devasted by the actions of our evil military and goverment.  They are dazed and powerless, overwhelmed by depression seeing no solution, and having no say.  They feel their votes don't count.  Where is the anti-war, anti-aggression, anti-world domination candidate?

Also, I disagree with people who think that entitlements for underprivilged blacks and Indians are wrong.  What about poor white folks?  Well, I believe that we should stop sending money for war and bloodshed and other people's destruction and have free health care, education and childcare instead. 

People hate America for its evil actions, no matter what race or nationality they are.  America abandoned me and my brothers and sisters and you won't see me rooting for teams of any sort either.  I root for the people that Allah, SWT, loves most to win in this life and the next.  He knows who they are, so I leave that up to Him.

It's such a pretty, quiet, peaceful day where I live.  The weather is fine.  The air conditioning is working.  I feel ashamed and sad and think always about the people in Lebanon, Gaza, Afgahnistan, Iraq, and elsewhere, who we are bombing out of their happy homes right now.

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:39am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Also, I know non-Muslim Americans whose families have been here for a few hundred years, who hate America and are ashamed to be American.  Some people are morally devasted by the actions of our evil military and goverment.  They are dazed and powerless, overwhelmed by depression seeing no solution, and having no say.  They feel their votes don't count.  Where is the anti-war, anti-aggression, anti-world domination candidate?

Also, I disagree with people who think that entitlements for underprivilged blacks and Indians are wrong.  What about poor white folks?  Well, I believe that we should stop sending money for war and bloodshed and other people's destruction and have free health care, education and childcare instead. 

People hate America for its evil actions, no matter what race or nationality they are.  America abandoned me and my brothers and sisters and you won't see me rooting for teams of any sort either.  I root for the people that Allah, SWT, loves most to win in this life and the next.  He knows who they are, so I leave that up to Him.

It's such a pretty, quiet, peaceful day where I live.  The weather is fine.  The air conditioning is working.  I feel ashamed and sad and think always about the people in Lebanon, Gaza, Afgahnistan, Iraq, and elsewhere, who we are bombing out of their happy homes right now.

Salaamu Alaykum

Assalaamu alaikum sister:

Jazakallah khayran for your beautiful talent of stating the facts for what they are. I agree with you. I too, have many non-muslim friends that feel that way and are disempowered by the corruption of the system. You "hit the nail right on the head" Shukran for your sensitivity...no one could have said it better!

Wasalaam,

Maryah

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 2:31pm

Even the Islamic empire as it was evolving had a dark history.

Yaar, yes, it did, but that history doesn�t effect us in the same way as Americanitis is doing to a whole range of people across the globe.

It proves that no country is without fault and no people is without blame but the fact that many of you continuously and blindly post things against the United States without criticizing the other side shows how truly bias we can become.

I hope you would agree that people always tend to blame the Bully-in-Chief and specially if the B-in-C lays dubious claims to being the bestest thing in the universe.

Again I am Muslim but I cannot support a Muslim who kills himself for a cause or commits a criminal act for a cause.

But, it�s okay for a country to commit crimes against humanity?

How do you suggest people should resist occupations? Specially, when they are oppressed by and forced to face the might of the most effective military in our world?

I know many Muslims here on this site that has indicated to me that they do and though I wont say no names here I find such a belief truly sad. I have been told that a Muslim who does bad should not be excommunicated but should be disciplined by other Muslims.

Brother, then what do you suggest?

That all Muslims across the world should file up and accept US bullying? And occupations?

My friend, occupations through out human history have had certain consequences. You occupy, you face the consequences.

USA believe that the one unalienable law that all humans are entitled to is life.

You mean also �the children of a lesser God� like the Iraqis, Palestinians and the Lebanese are entitled to Life?

But I feel that those of you from Turkey, Pakistan etc do not give me that same respect.

Yaar Israfil, not only we give you all the respect, but also really love you.

Thank goodness, you are not here, otherwise I would have given you a big big hug for such beautiful innocence.

Many of you who may work or don't watch the news religiously and read the paper (especially knowing that all media outlets are biased) write post on the tragedies of Muslims and how people are dying and how arrogant and ignorant America is but you never post anything from the other side.

Brother, give me a clue and I promise I will post as much as you wish from the other side the moment we have a minute away from the death and destruction the US is showering on us on hourly basis � not even on a daily basis.

I know, it�s all so sad, but I promise you � not our fault � we are not as apt on manufacturing news as is the State department � we tell you the straight truth.

Please don�t take it personally. You are as helpless as the rest of us.

But if a Muslim suicide bomber gets on a bus, looks around and sees elder, young alike who had nothing to do with his torment or his people blow it up we call it a reaction to oppression.

Are you trying to tell us that people do it because they couldn�t get tickets for the forthcoming super bowl?

WE ALL ARE MORALLY ACCOUNTABLE especially if we kill innocence and especially if we kill people who had nothing to do with our torment. There is nothing in Shariah that states even in military battles to kill both the enemey and those who live amongst the enemy. If so, prove this to me now. But what is this moral absence? Many of you with your straw-man arguments tell me that "What can they do?" they fight with tanks and advance weaponry? Those of you who think this way believe that there is some sort of justification of suicide bombing. There is none.

Please read Professor Robert Pape�s latest book.

I love innocence, but brother, too much innocence is known by some other name, which I will refrain from using out of �respect� for you.

There is no excuse for the mass murdering of any people Israeli, American, Arab or Muslim.

Have you told that your Rep in the Congress?

Nobody! I would hope even in the anger of those who hate my country would see both sides and condemn wrong doing on both sides. Sorry brother Suleyman although you are my brother I don't mean to single you out but posting things about my country yet ignoring the issues of your own surprises me. Friends of mine who are Armenian attest to their parents parents on how they were slaughtered by the Turks not so long ago.

So, brother Suleyman should now close his eyes to the on-going torture and start wailing for what unfortunately happened in Armenia in the century before last?

Whisper who claims to be Afghanistanian,

Brother, I have never claimed to be Afghanistanian.

It�s just that I happen to be an Afghan.

what about the countless woman who, without even a trial get taken into a soccer field only to be executed not with dignity but with two in the head from a high powered rifle.

Did you ever watch the �Babies in the Incubators� just around Gulf War One?

It was a documentary on video. What did it turn out to be? Were you a witness to any executions � without trial.

Even if there were any such executions, why is it that a majority of Afghans clamour for living under the Sharea Law?

What right you or your government holds of telling us how we should lead our lives?

Other than a horde of bigger guns?

There is no moral accountable absence! I just get so upset when post after post I see "America lies" or "Israeli murderers" yet nobody post anything about what we do wrong as if we dont do anything wrong.

I wonder if you may have noticed, but it�s a basic law of life � bigger things get noticed. US makes news. US is big. It has much bigger responsibility than you, I or Pakistan to behave and set an example in deed.

Then, if we do something wrong its only a reaction to being oppressed.

Have you seen (forget about ever facing) US oppression and bullying around the globe?

You are advising people to turn into some saints?

And, just forget about being killed left, right and centre and behave like boy Scouts only because it suits you and your bully country.

Let me attribute what you are saying here just to your innocence.

I told you too much of innocence is called something else.

But I do feel like being nice to you, today.

So the question I have to ask after my rant is why do you dislike America?

No. I pity the poor idiotic America.

It could have won the whole world with her affable character and a smile, with her spirit of venture. But instead, she was pushed by her greedy weapons manufacturers to pose threats and poise for threats, become belligerent and play wars. She set out to be the street bully of the world with an unbeatable record of death and destruction.

The position your country stands in today is not worth anyone�s hatred or dislike. It deserves everyone�s pity. I pity her and also her poor powerless people.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 2:34pm

Brother, you seem to be going onnnn about morality in your post.

Won't it be a good idea to start spinning morality at home and start exporting when you get enough to spare some for the overseas markets?

Edited by Whisper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic