IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - People of the Book  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People of the Book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 10:16am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Muhammad

Of course you aren't able to prove any of the things you state.

Come out in search of truth those who want to. Come out from the depth of darkness into light. If Allah wills Allah will guide you. 

Edited by Muhammad77
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 10:36am

If as a Mormon (or should I say a LDS?) you believe in three Gods, I don't understand why Bmz includes you among the People of the Book. It should be only for strict monotheists.

I'm not sure.  Really, I wonder.  LDS are the only Christians who accept Prophets after Jesus.  We accept Muhammed as an earlier Prophet, just not the last Prophet.  We accept there is some truth in the Quran but no all truths.

On the flip side, I think in a way our beliefs are more incompatible than standard Christian Ideologies.  Our practices might be very similar, but our doctrines are deeply divided.

Its one of the main reasons I never see myself taking Shahada even though I truly respect the Muslim faith.  Nor can I see myself ever returning to a mainstream Christian Church.  If I ever did that, it would be back to the Eastern Orthodox Church, and even then I don't feel that would have been the path for me.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 12:38pm

Patty

By your description of what you call Apostolics I recognized what we call Pentecostals.
Their main feature is the speaking in tongues which they attribute to the Holy Spirit visiting them, hence their name of Pentecostals. They are a branch of the large Evangelical churches.
In my opinion they are Christians as they adhere to the Trinity definition.

Cyril, here is an explanation of the Apostolic, or Oneness, religion.  I hope it will be helpful to you in understanding the difference between the two forms of Pentecostal faiths:

"Some Pentecostal churches hold to Oneness theology, which decries the traditional doctrine of the Trinity as unbiblical. The largest Pentecostal Oneness denomination in the United States is the United Pentecostal Church. Oneness Pentecostals, are sometimes known as "Jesus-Name", "Apostolics", or by their detractors as "Jesus only" Pentecostals. This is due to the belief that the original Apostles baptized converts in the name of Jesus. They also believe that God has revealed Himself in different roles rather than three distinct persons. The major trinitarian pentecostal organizations, however, including the Pentecostal World Conference and the Fellowship of Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches of North America, have condemned Oneness theology as a heresy and refuse membership to churches holding this belief. This same holds true for the Oneness Pentecostal towards trinitarian churches. It should be noted that in the UK the term "Apostolics" refers to members of the Apostolic Church (UK)" - a denomination which adheres to traditional evangelical teaching on the Trinity."

If you would care to learn more about the Apostolic or Oneness religious beliefs, you may click on the link:

http://www.lightplanet.com/christianity/pentacostal.html

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 1:24pm
Muhammad77

Quote If Allah wills Allah will guide you.

If you want to convince someone of the truth of Islam do not start with one of its most controversial tenet which is the doctrine of qadar.

Why should I believe if God has decided in advance that I should not believe?

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 1:54pm
Interesting point, Cyril.  That teaching is similar to "predestination."
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:23pm

Muhammad77

Quote If Allah wills Allah will guide you.

If you want to convince someone of the truth of Islam do not start with one of its most controversial tenet which is the doctrine of qadar.

Why should I believe if God has decided in advance that I should not believe?

You DO NOT know what God has decided for you. So you can come in search of truth ! You just need to begin ! Start in your journey towards truth ! Only then you will find in the end what has God decided for you.  

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:52pm

Muhammad77

Your quote:--- "You DO NOT know what God has decided for you. So you can come in search of truth ! You just need to begin ! Start in your journey towards truth ! Only then you will find in the end what has God decided for you."---

It getting worse! By your theology some people are supposed to  become good Muslims and on Resurrection day see themselves be cast into Hell. I hope you are wrong otherwise that would be so unfair.

Edited by Cyril
Muhammad77 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 12:00am

Muhammad77

Your quote:--- "You DO NOT know what God has decided for you. So you can come in search of truth ! You just need to begin ! Start in your journey towards truth ! Only then you will find in the end what has God decided for you."---

It getting worse! By your theology some people are supposed to  become good Muslims and on Resurrection day see themselves be cast into Hell. I hope you are wrong otherwise that would be so unfair.

I am not getting you at all !! I am inviting you towards truth !! And you are talking about hell....

Edited by Muhammad77
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic