IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - People of the Book  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People of the Book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People of the Book
    Posted: 30 September 2006 at 8:29pm

Dear Serv,

Thanks for the kind note and I wish all the blessings for you and the family, too.

"Your matie (but not �auliya [Quran 5:51)"

Yes, you are my Wali (Friend). A good, dear and close friend is also called Rafeeq or Habeeb in Arabic. Aulia is the plural of Wali.

When an i is added at the end habeeb becomes habeebi and Rafeeq becomes Rafeeqi which means my dear friend.

Hence, from now on, I would be calling you Habeebi.

Thanks & Warm Regards, Habeebi

BMZ

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 10:49am

Dear BMZ,

Please excuse my delay and thank you for assuring me that I am included as a man of the Book.  I hope that your Ramadan is filled with blessings and I am pleased to have met you this year. 

Your matie (but not �auliya [Quran 5:51),

Serv

Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 11:48pm

Cyril

This event has been ralated by Ibn Hisham,Baihaql and others on the authority of Ibn Ishq.

There is a web link,please refer to the foot note No.72 on page No.38-39.It would be better if you will keep reading few more pages to know the Quran intance on that.

http://www.millat.com/quranpak/modoodi/tafheem%20english/028 %20AL-QASAS/book.htm

Edited by Usmani
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

Why no one responding to my post? I am surprised.

because salman/salman_s/muslim_brother/mohammad_77

has been banned with his other fake ID's.

Dont worry he is back with new fake ID, lets see how long he lasts this time....
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

One event of their existence is mentioned in Quran and in the history.

Give us now the version from history.
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 10:19pm
Why no one responding to my post? I am surprised.
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Muhammad77

Now the last question:
Why isn't the existence and disappearence of the Islamic Christians known and taught by history books and schools?

One event of their existence is mentioned in Quran and in the history.

As to) those whom We gave the Book before it, they are believers in it And when it is recited to them they say: We believe in it surely it is the truth from our Lord; surely we were submitters before this. These shall be granted their reward twice, because they are steadfast and they repel evil with good and spend out of what We have given them. And when they hear idle talk they turn aside from it and say: We shall have our deeds and you shall have your deeds; peace be on you, we do not desire the ignorant. (28:52-55)

These verses of Quran above are referring to an event which took place in Makkah.After the migration of Muslims from Makka to Hubshaw and the people there come to know about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). About twenty Christians from there came to investigate the truth. They met the Prophet (pbuh) in Kabah.People of Qurash (nonbelievers) saw these people having discussion with Prophet (pbuh), so they stand nearby to see whats happening.

The people of habshaw ask few questions from Prophet (pbuh). Prophet (pbuh) answered them and then He recited the few verses of Quran for them. After listening the Quran, tears strats falling from their eyes. After that they accepted the verses are from Allah and also recognized the Muhammad (pbuh) as a Prophet of Allah.

When the meeting was over then Abu Jehel (the famous nonbeliever) caught them on the way back. They got angry over them. They ask these twenty people that your people send you here to investigate about Him but you people just sit with Him and leave your faith and accepted His faith?

People from Habshaw told them that peace upon you, we don�t want to argue with you people. Lets us follow our way and you follow your way. We can not turnaway intentionally from goodness. We were Muslim before as well.

Usmani

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:01am
Okay I'll bite.
I've read and was forced in school (yeshivah) to study and memorize the
Torah (old testament) In it's original hebrew. By the time I was Bar Mitzvah
(13) I could recite/sing it pole to pole.

The King James (Standard English Bible) Is different in some places.
Mostly it's just a word here and there with a pivotal meaning. But bear in
mind that some of these mistakes are devastatingly different from the
gentle intent of this book. For this reason I would never entirely trust an
English version of the Quran with out consulting a Muslim scholar fluent
in formal arabic.

Like the Quran the Torah is sung and is governed by a series of rules
hedged in continuity. Some rules are based in musical phrasing while
some are embedded in gemetria (possibly an after thought but very hip)
but mostly the key is in strict gramtical laws that are in place to insure yet
another level of continuity. It's a code a series of codes really to insure
that no one changes anything with out it leaving a visible scar.

Here's an expert to read up on. I think he made us all look good in the
eyes of Allah.

The Rambam (Maimonedes) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides
Has always been my favorite theological scholar

His father was, through no fault of his own at odds with the politics of
religion in spain (Cordova) at the time. The whole family was forced to
move to Alexandria (Egypt) The son had great respect for Islam and
benifited himself, his family and contributed to the worlds knowledge and
practice of medical science. He discovered and devised treatments that
are still healing people today physically, mentally and spiritually. This
was largely due to the tolerance of the then king of Egypt who was an
equal opportunity employer.