IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Private messages to women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Private messages to women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:42am

While I have to disagree with you Angela about Israfil, I do agree with you below.

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

what I am defending is the fact that you called it ridiculous that some women find it uncomfortable to talk to men in PMs.  Its not ridiculous, its a woman's perogative as to her comfort level.

Its not ridiculous, its her choice.  Many of the Muslimah's here were born Muslim and have been raised with a certain level of comfort, but not with non Mehram men.  Private places are all around, even in cyberspace.

Quote Why, because if you can't say it in public, then you probably shouldn't be saying it in private!

I slightly disagree with this, some things are not for the public or for the whole world to hear. Some times some things are private not to be talked about to the whole world. Just as when private things are not for the whole world to know about. {of course this excluded assaults of any kind that need to be known to others} so please don't jump down on me for that :(

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

The internet is a public place, but PMs are PRIVATE MESSAGES.  If a woman doesn't want to talk to a man in private, its her right.  You calling it being uptight is acting like it isn't her right.

I believe you missed Israfil's point. Some women are and can be uptight this is in no way taking away the fact that its a woman's right for those who don't want to talk to a man.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 9:07am

I think fatima's and herjihad's responses are good but I also think women especially of foreign nationalities need to know that not ALL men (or women) are going to know that some names are female names (or male) in such and such languages I believe these women need to take that into account beforehand.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 9:18pm
Funny I replied to Angela with an Islamic greeting she doesn't reply similarly a true woman of God indeed!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:30am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Funny I replied to Angela with an Islamic greeting she doesn't reply similarly a true woman of God indeed!

Bismillah,

Brother, I don't appreciate you saying this about Sister Angela.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 4:51pm

Asalaamu alaikum:

Could the forum administrator please go to the whyislam.com forum and note that they have the male/female symbols next to the name, information and such? Could they do this for this forum and resolve this issue. Mine is as follows:

maryahj  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member 

Online Status: Online
Religion: Islam(Sunni)

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 2:33am
Well what if people don't want to indicate?   
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum:

Could the forum administrator please go to the whyislam.com forum and note that they have the male/female symbols next to the name, information and such? Could they do this for this forum and resolve this issue. Mine is as follows:

maryahj  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member 

Online Status: Online
Religion: Islam(Sunni)

Bismillah,

Yes, sister, that's a great idea.  I also think a religion indicator would be helpful in communications as well.  Brother Salman got upset with my user name thinking I was a guy, so I put Married Muslimah in my signature to solve that issue for myself.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic