IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Private messages to women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Private messages to women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 10:14am
The problem is some women do not feel comfortable talking to men in private.  You should respect that.  Its not about being uptight, its about comfort level.  You're one of the worst here for not taking no for an answer.  If a woman says she doesn't want to talk, then she doesn't.  Deal with it.  And don't call her uptight.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:09am
LOL I'm one of the worst? First off I don't aggressively pursue women here. If they say no I leave it alone I'm merely stating my case. Where do you get the idea I don't take no for an answer? It is being uptight...You call it comfort level I call it being uptight. Its obvious some women here cannot note the difference between a Personal computer and public place. LOL
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:46am

Because it took me three times telling you to knock it off when you were emailing my private email.  Or would  you like me to post where I told you to knock it off and then you came back and started going off about how you though I was your friend and how I was being oversensitive.  Buddy, that's harassment. 

Oh, and I could mention another incident of harassment by you, but I've promised the sisters involved I wouldn't use names. 

The internet is a public place, but PMs are PRIVATE MESSAGES.  If a woman doesn't want to talk to a man in private, its her right.  You calling it being uptight is acting like it isn't her right.

Israfil...I've learned one important thing from my last year dealing with you.  You don't like being told your wrong and you don't like the word "No."

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 12:28pm
LOL  Angela yeah I emailed you..I was discussing an issue.....You felt uncomfortable...Yeah if you wish to sling mud I'll sling mud with you....Dont think you are without flaw either.....So go ahead and sling mud...but on second thought for a person such as yourself who adopts two religions you'd think you'd learn by now
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 12:55pm
I haven't adopted two religions.  And discussing an issue?  Really please, the issue was being discussed here, you were more like chastising a child when you took it to email.  Oh well, men like you never learn.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 2:56pm
Well confused people such as yourself never learn yourself, I wonder...Try following one path before adopting several belief systems. BTW wasn't it you that gave me your email since you are soooo private? hmmm who's the hypocrite now. 

Edited by Israfil
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 3:10pm

I don't follow two belief systems.  I follow one.  I can't help it if two have commonalities I can share with others.

I believe the first emails I got from you were to the public email that I have since removed from my profile.  Giving you my other one was a big mistake.  Which is exactly why women should be guarded about talking to people over the internet.  There is absolutely no way to know what the other person is really like until its too late.  And some men use "sincere" questions just to get women to trust them.

Secondly, I talk to alot of people, what I am defending is the fact that you called it ridiculous that some women find it uncomfortable to talk to men in PMs.  Its not ridiculous, its a woman's perogative as to her comfort level.

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

No offense to any woman here but I think it is a bit ridiculous for any woman to be offended or feel uncomfortable with a private message, especially if the message is out of sincerity. I have had a woman say that to me and I was like "WHAT?" I just think, in humble but imperfect opinion that its just plain ole ridiculous. I understand perhaps in person and in an intimate setting yes but I think PM's especially on the internet and being ashamed or what not or feeling entrapped is ridiculous. Unlike like life, you can simply delete the PM or choose to read it.

Its not ridiculous, its her choice.  Many of the Muslimah's here were born Muslim and have been raised with a certain level of comfort, but not with non Mehram men.  Private places are all around, even in cyberspace.

I've been to Islamic rooms where you have to enter your gender and private messaging is not allowed between anyone except the moderators.  Why, because if you can't say it in public, then you probably shouldn't be saying it in private!

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 3:32pm

Angela,

All I can say is may God protect you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic