IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Yeah I'm sure the sanctions are what caused all the problems in Iraq. Let's not even acknowledge the palaces that were being built or the millions wasted on Sadam, yeah they had nothing to do with peoples hardship. I think that bugs me the most is how the same people who rant about America are the first to forget what their own leaders have done to them.

It's all America's fault!!! CIA and MASSOUD is causing all the problems in the world!!! (had to say this because I'm tired of not fitting in on this board)

Edit: Wonder how many books she will sell while over there.

Peace,

Why do you feel you don't "fit" at this board OPs. If you feel that way, what keeps you coming here? There must be some reason, think about it...

Because I don't blindly support militants and I don't hate with a passion every American and Israeli in this world. I know and CAN acknowledge their are good people on all sides, we just all have idiots in charge of our countries who can't seem to pull their head out from  their back side to do what is best for the nation instead of their own private agenda.

What keeps me coming back? Whisper and all that hate he has. When he acknowledges he doesn't know as much as he claims he does about America I may move on.

Really though, I like knowing other peoples opinions of the world and places like this have people from all over the world so I think that is the main reason for me coming back. Sorry I just can't sit back and read some of the dribble that is posted sometimes without making a reply. I'm sure when the mods think I have gone to far I will be banned but that hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't. I also don't go around questioning peoples faith and religion, I don't even post in those forums as I know it's not my place but in the general, current events and world events forums they seem to be for everyone and so those are the three I stick too.

Edited by ops154
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 10:17am
ops154, you speak as though this were your private battle against
Whisper. What's more, you use the same approach as Israel against
the Palestinians: i.e when he acknowledges he is wrong, you'll move
on. When you wipe out Hezbollah, Hamas and ETA, will you move on?

Please?

You don't seem to have gathered here that hatred for America is
quite well justified and therefore, it is Americans and America who
must do the work and search for the reasons and try to make it
better.

Expecting those who hate America to change their minds after
reading your posts is like expecting the population of an occupied
territory to accept peace through putting pressure and demands ON
THEM rather than on the aggresor/occupier.

If you like to read opinions from people in other parts of the world
there are hundreds of other places you could go. If you want the
opinions of Moslems, you should come here, and expect to get what
you get.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 5:35pm

What keeps me coming back? Whisper and all that hate he has. When he acknowledges he doesn't know as much as he claims he does about America I may move on.

I am really honoured, the fact remains that I hold no hate for the Americans, just simple sheer pity for their failure to stop their admin from butchering people every day of the week.

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

ops154, you speak as though this were your private battle against
Whisper. What's more, you use the same approach as Israel against
the Palestinians: i.e when he acknowledges he is wrong, you'll move
on. When you wipe out Hezbollah, Hamas and ETA, will you move on?

Please?

You don't seem to have gathered here that hatred for America is
quite well justified and therefore, it is Americans and America who
must do the work and search for the reasons and try to make it
better.

Expecting those who hate America to change their minds after
reading your posts is like expecting the population of an occupied
territory to accept peace through putting pressure and demands ON
THEM rather than on the aggresor/occupier.

If you like to read opinions from people in other parts of the world
there are hundreds of other places you could go. If you want the
opinions of Moslems, you should come here, and expect to get what
you get.

Mashallah, It is sad, but true.

When my parents moved us back to the US when I was fifteen, I could speak the language but was shattered by the culture. Leaving Instanbul, a city rich in heritage and tradition was one thing, but getting hit in the face with the reality of what is in the US is another.

Sad thing is, I was born an American by the virtue of my father being  a long term assignment to the embassy, I also am a Turkish citizen by virtue of my mothers being a national and my physical birth there. What a mess!

For years I went along with this American rah rah hoopla culture, trying to fit in. but my little wall came crashing down one day in September when an airplane hit double towers in the City of New York. Seems interesting that several nieghbors of mine whom I do not even know called the authorities on my husband and myself, even though at the time we were rather inactive Muslims. Seems they had "security concerns" because of my son in the navy, and that my mother was a turk, and I held dual citizenship. How sad. I spent 3 weeks being visited daily by the local police and even spent a night in an overnight "interview room" being questioned why my father, an american Air Force Major associated with the US Embassy in Turkey and later other countries, would have converted to Islam..Well, I told the gent he needed to ask my father that for himself, but he would need to make a long distance call to Jannah..They finally left us alone after 6 weeks of harrassment. But they still stop by. I am a registered nurse and even had the state board of nursing on my back! So we are in the process of relocating to Mexico. WE will be safer there!

Ops. does that sound like the "America" you claim to know? My lineage on my fathers side traces back to Palmyra NY and to just after the Mayflower, do I deserve this treatment? Those innocents in Lebanon, Israel and Palestine have no choice, they are being obliterated, And for what? Nationalism!

Think about it, we need to become a world community and throw away boundaries! We need to stop the leader dogs of the countries from trying to fight over each other's trees.

Put away the mantle of nationalism, see the humans outside your space, and welcome to the family of man.

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 8:44pm

I was galncing at a book about US and peoples' view of themselves and the rest of the world. It was a worldwide poll.  And it fact the US is not looked very kindly around the world these days is solely due to the current administration's policies. Though it could be argued that it also happens to be partially attributed to world-wide media access is greater. We see the effects of the US foreign policy. To think that we have helped three countries (Afganistan, Iraq and Lebenon) get attacked in the last 5 years is indefensible. They are of course predominantly Moslem. We are known to have supported rather rotten people such as the Shah in Iran and Saddam himself. We say we support "democracy" but do not follow it up with our actions.

At least Cindy S is speaking out. Somebody ought to. And maybe she does have some mental issues. Who really knows. Better that then sitting on one's hands with the mouth closed as thousands of people continue to die needlessly.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 10:18pm

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Andalus, surely, nut job and naive as she may be, you do support her
efforts to get the troops out of Iraq, don't you?

Or is that the real reason why you suspect her of just dabbling in
politics: because you don't support her aims?

I'm sure we can dig some dirt on Martin Luther King, and Ghandi too,
just to mention a couple of other peace activists.

Please don't judge the message by the messenger!

Greetings Duende.

Not only do I disagree with Cindy Sheehan as being anything more than a mother who lost her son and is now on a personal crusade to resurrect the memory of her son by being a pawn for the opposite spectrum of US politics, but I also disagree with her assesment and overly "trivial" solutions to complex problems. She is no better than Rush Limbah or Sean Hannity with easy solutions and sacred cows.

Because I disagree with the neocons does not imply that the left is any more correct. They are all the same thing, the false left/right paradigm.

I think she is a nut and I would not support her regardless of her political affiliation. I feel bad for her loss, but her current path is simply irrational and without merit.  

Kindest Regards!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I was galncing at a book about US and peoples' view of themselves and the rest of the world. It was a worldwide poll.  And it fact the US is not looked very kindly around the world these days is solely due to the current administration's policies. Though it could be argued that it also happens to be partially attributed to world-wide media access is greater. We see the effects of the US foreign policy. To think that we have helped three countries (Afganistan, Iraq and Lebenon) get attacked in the last 5 years is indefensible. They are of course predominantly Moslem. We are known to have supported rather rotten people such as the Shah in Iran and Saddam himself. We say we support "democracy" but do not follow it up with our actions.

The US has admitted its involvement in false flag operations in Iran to cause popular hate for the democratically elected Prime Minister Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh (Operation Ajax) as a way to put in the late Shah. And Americans think the current government is beyond recent false flag operations. It is all terrorism!

At least Cindy S is speaking out. Somebody ought to. And maybe she does have some mental issues. Who really knows. Better that then sitting on one's hands with the mouth closed as thousands of people continue to die needlessly.

Not really. Raving endlessly with incoherent left wing rhetoric is worse than doing nothing. Now any opposing view to the right wing is scene as nothing more than a left wing lunatic frindge, and serious discourse is tainted. I do not blame OPS for having his attitude, with the Cindy Sheehans and MIchael Moors of the left wing come forth make fools of themselves. Everytime I try and have a conversation with neocons, they jump off the deep end and begin verbally assaulting me as if I am on the left.

The left/right fighting just keeps people busy while those who truly hold power can remove our liberties. Cindy Sheehan is simply a good diversion from the reality of the world.   

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

The US has admitted its involvement in false flag operations in Iran to cause popular hate for the democratically elected Prime Minister Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh (Operation Ajax) as a way to put in the late Shah. And Americans think the current government is beyond recent false flag operations. It is all terrorism!

Not really. Raving endlessly with incoherent left wing rhetoric is worse than doing nothing. Now any opposing view to the right wing is scene as nothing more than a left wing lunatic frindge, and serious discourse is tainted. I do not blame OPS for having his attitude, with the Cindy Sheehans and MIchael Moors of the left wing come forth make fools of themselves. Everytime I try and have a conversation with neocons, they jump off the deep end and begin verbally assaulting me as if I am on the left.

The left/right fighting just keeps people busy while those who truly hold power can remove our liberties. Cindy Sheehan is simply a good diversion from the reality of the world.   

Bismillah,

I appreciate Cindy's pain, efforts, and mission.  ISA, she will be strong and learn more each day and share her journey with us all.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic