IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tell me of Islams beauty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell me of Islams beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell me of Islams beauty
    Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:20am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by Jockey Jockey wrote:

I've had friendships with many non-muslims; budhists, christians, and hindus, and they have similar experiences such as the ones revealed here. they So what is it then that makes Islam so special, or more special?

and if we talk about finances, and economic well being, or ease of finding a good job or finding any job, then we can surely see that non-muslims are doing much better in those areas than muslims, dont you agree?

Well islam is special because it asks you to follow one God, very simple way that you dont need any1 else in between. It is special because it brought a book which is not been proven wrong even after 1400 years instead each new finding shows its originality from a divine being. It is special because it gave a history of true impliance resulting in one of the most successful and greatest societies.

Now finding a job or being successful in any thing is a different matter. If you are a good muslim you know your duties toward your Lord and towards people. So you be fair in your dealing resulting in a peace of mind and most probably peaceful life. Now some times good people live a hard life, reason behind this is been told in so many places in Holy Quran, 'Alif Lam Mim. Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried? And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars'. (29:1-3) Being good and upright is easier than doing same in hardship so Allah swt tries His servants.

Another reason could be our collective efforts, we muslims are not what we should be except very few blessed ones. So Allah swt has put us in a state where we need to realize the wrong done by majority of us and change it. If we are good muslims, Allah swt blesses us with goodness of this world and the next but if we stray away then its destruction in both.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:11am

No one can ruin this thread.

Thank You All!

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Jockey Jockey wrote:

and if we talk about finances, and economic well being, or ease of finding a good job or finding any job, then we can surely see that non-muslims are doing much better in those areas than muslims, dont you agree?

So what are you trying to say brother????????

"Please tell me of the things in your personal life that make you know you are on the right path. I would like to read your words, close my eyes, and put myself in your place and experience the beauty you see."

This is what brother ginghis requested. And we are replying accordingly.

Please don't spoil this thread!
Wassalaam.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Jockey View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 1:12am
What a nice and beautiful thread this one is. the participants sound so honest and sincere. Its assuring that Muslims quickly respond to do the best they can inorder to explain Islam for non muslims. One thing, though, i notice that almost all the responses are talking about personal experiences and feelings about islam and what islam does for an individual. Also the resposes are all emotional or sentimental. and these emotions, i think, are also experienced by followers of other faiths as well. I've had friendships with many non-muslims; budhists, christians, and hindus, and they have similar experiences such as the ones revealed here. they So what is it then that makes Islam so special, or more special?

Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 9:18pm

Insha'allah,

I have put myself

in your place.

Sajdah,

in the firm, smiling

hand of Allah.

Wretch that I am

is comforted,

by his word.

Unfailing in its truth

and the light

I could not see

Until I had given

all of me.

Edited by Ginghis
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 1:34pm
Yes they are intangible, and if some one has not experienced a like "feeling" a lot of this beauty is lost to them, but for those who have felt and experienced, we can share and understand and sometime never have to speak a word.
s666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:22am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Indeed difficult to express in words! I read somewhere..."the most beautiful things in life are not heard or seen, only felt".

ameen sister amah.

the most beautiful things are intangible.

its good that people are trying to express them in this thread.  its giving peace while reading through.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 2:04pm

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah i employed my deen in my work too. I am not sure whether you heard of the phrase, halal earning or not but it means working for every penny. I always work to my best capacity, whether the supervisors are there are not because at the end of the day i am answerable to Allah swt. So after my first job i only had to send my CV at a place and alhamdulillah my references are so good that i get the job.

Another place where i have seen change is in relationship with people. Islam tells us to like for others what you like for yourself, forgive others if you want Allah swt to forgive you and if you want Allah swt to be your best mate, be best of mate of your friends. I think life gets much easier and very beautiful mashaAllah.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic