IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CNN pole: Israeli invasion is justified?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CNN pole: Israeli invasion is justified?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CNN pole: Israeli invasion is justified?
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 12:29pm

Give your vote on:

CNN online pole on whether the Israeli invasion of Lebanon is justified or not.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/13/mideast/index. html

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:50pm
The real question is:

Will it do any good to fight each other on a battlefield crowded with
civilians.

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 9:04am
50-50, I guess we are all right.
They just don't get it!
kashmiri View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 4:11am

i don think this voting will determine the future of labanon......

but yes it really cannot be justified

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 10:59pm

The topic sounds exactly like "Is such n such Rape Justified".

For decades, I have lived in history when the Jews and the Muslims lived and thrived together, in El Andalus and the Ottoman Turkey. Today I have seriously begun to ponder if the Germans were forced to act in response to some Zionist behaviour?

civilians.

Has fighting ever done any good in the entire human history? Surrounded by civilians or not surrounded by civilians? War crimes stay war crimes even if our Hang Low Sexnon slaves package these in some "disproportionality" envelops.

My friend, Israel will have peace only when it jumps of the Anglo-American lap starts to behave with the world around her. Any other recipe of "security" will be as effective as we have had for these past few decades of the her creation - by the Imperialist powers for their own purpose.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 11:02pm

50-50, I guess we are all right.

I wish I was blessed with such blissful freedom from braincells and was fitted with such a shortsight!

B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 11:12pm
I am afraid I do not know enough about the situation to vote or comment.
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 6:40am

Daniel Dworsky says: The real question is:

civilians.

I remember from many years ago, an original Star Trek episode.  Both sides had been at war with one another so long, that they had decided it was no longer necessary, and too costly,  to actually invade each other's territories to kill.  Instead, each side drew up a list of their own statistically-produced casualties (presumably the very notion of "civilian" made no sense in this scenario), and killed them themselves.

I was quite young when I saw this, and thought: "How bizarre". It has haunted me now for perhaps 30 years. In light of what Daniel says above, perhaps it makes good sense after all.

Will we never mature into what God intended us to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic