IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Lebanon Crisis  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lebanon Crisis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 9:47pm
I suppose Bourbon is no longer an option

Just kidding...   sort of.

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 9:22am

Another Imam speaks and beats his chest for war:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/01/mideast.blair/inde x.html

Serv

Murabit View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:51am

I usually don't attempt to "defend" the writings of Shaykh Abdal Qadir. He says what needs to be said and says it exactly how it has to be said. The goal is not to make everyone happy, but to speak the reality. And in the process, many will get upset. Some will get upset simply because they ar biased. Some will get upset simply because they don't like Shaykh Abdal Qadir. Some will get upset because they have mis-understood what the Shaykh was trying to say. There could be many other reasons. So, that's why, I don't normally try to defend when people accuse or make fun of the Shaykh (though, I do reply and follow up if someone wants to know more about the Shaykh or more about his teachings and so forth). And this time, for this thread, it wasn't any different. Few got upset, mostly, as I came to realise, because they mis-understood what the Shaykh was saying. One of those who seemed upset was Daniel. Having read few of his threads, I consider him to be a person of good standing and of good nature - finding myself reduced to the necessity of explaining, at least briefly, to Daniel about Shaykh's standing on the Jews, the subject matter which seemed to upset him. Factually, the Shaykh does not hate the Jews. He is not anti-Jews. One just have to see his website (mentioned on the original post) and read his other articles, to be able to see the bigger picture. For those who are really interested on what the Shaykh is all about, then I do recommend "The Collected Works of Ian Dallas" < http://madinahmedia.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?product s_id=36&osCsid=baa3a35801a587e5113cadea82a07eaa  >.

Ian Dallas is the family name of Shaykh Abdal Qadir and this is volume of his works - some of which were published in late 60's. I have also posted a book review on it on this very forum: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2611& ;PN=1

Do check it out and wish you, Daniel, all the best and keep up the good works. Muslims need to get in touch with people like you; the good people must work together - and prevent the hijacking of the faiths - Islam and Judaism, by the likes of Hamas/Zionist and Co.

"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:30am

Thanks, Murabit.  I didn�t realize, until your most recent post, that Shaykh Dr. Abdalqadir as-Sufi is a convert to Islam.  I do, as I said, often find pearls of wisdom in his writing, but would like to see him avoid what I have called his �tabloid tendencies.�  But then again, on second thought, perhaps I should be careful what I wish for.  From whom else, other than Dr. Abdalqadir as-Sufi, might one learn, for example, that Germany�s Angela Merkel has become a transvestite (his second link above)?

Serv

Edited by Servetus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic