IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is the world deaf to Gaza’s cries?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is the world deaf to Gaza�s cries?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palestine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is the world deaf to Gaza�s cries?
    Posted: 18 July 2006 at 4:48pm

Written by Linda S. Heard Friday, 14 July 2006
How much longer must the Palestinian people be bombed, starved, humiliated and abused before the international community speaks up with one voice? How much longer will world leaders avert their eyes from the cruel way Israel is pursuing a land grab? How much longer will ordinary people prefer the World Cup and blissful ignorance to the facts of Israel�s crimes and their effects on an entire people? The US and the EU have labeled the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority �terrorist," a move that has virtually given the Israeli government carte blanche to do its worst. George W. Bush says Israel has the right to defend itself even as it works to deliberately terrorize a civilian population. The proof of intent is Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert�s instruction to the IDF last Sunday: �I don�t want anyone to sleep tonight in Gaza." Almost 50 percent of Gaza�s 1.5 million residents are without electricity at a time when temperatures are hitting the mid-30s C (90s F). Israel saw fit to bomb a major power station, in blatant contravention of the Geneva Conventions, during an operation sadistically titled �Operation Summer Rain." Experts say it may take up to eight months to restore power during which time hospital patients will die, families will be left without air-conditioners, fans, refrigerators and televisions, office workers and students without essential computers.   Those of us who live in this region and who have experienced inevitable brief power outrages should ask ourselves whether we could survive months of unrelenting heat and dark without even the respite of a cooling drink.   There is worse to come. Fuel for generators is running out fast. Water supplies will dwindle and the sewage system will collapse when electrically powered pumps become inert. In short, there is a catastrophic humanitarian crisis in the making. Yet, far from showing regret or remorse, Olmert, on Sunday, told his army to step up the action, with whatever related horrors that will entail.   During his weekly Cabinet meeting, which takes place in an air-conditioned boardroom, Olmert made this callous statement: �It is true that the situation in Gaza is inconvenient, so those who engage in terror should be inconvenienced. I told the United Nations secretary-general, �It�s inconvenient that there is no electricity but rockets kill.'�   Yes, rockets do kill, and so do Israeli bombs and tank shells that are currently raining down on the world�s largest open prison, where mothers can do nothing to protect their infants from the terrifying sounds of death and destruction, not to mention the deafening supersonic booms of low flying fighter jets.   Olmert hopes that no one in Gaza will sleep. He has got his wish. One wonders how this true ideological son of Sharon is able to sleep himself, provided, that is, he possesses a heart and a conscience.   Could this disproportionate military reaction to the abduction of a lone Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants be for real? The more cynical among us conclude it has more to do with the destruction of Hamas than the fate of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, especially when these heavy-handed Israeli tactics coincide with the acceptance by both Hamas and Fatah leaderships of the �Prisoners� Peace Plan� that incorporates US and EU demands.   The last thing Olmert wants while he is thrusting his unilateral Convergence Plan onto the international community is for Hamas to accept Israel�s right to exist, thereby morphing into a potential partner for peace.   And so Hamas was systematically goaded into breaking its yearlong cease-fire, which began last August, when Israel began assassinating high-profile Hamas figures.   This pot-stirring tactic stretches back to the days when Yasser Arafat was president. On almost every occasion that Arafat would declare a unilateral cease-fire or support new peace measures, Israel would go out of its way to upset the applecart.   In recent days, Israel has rounded up dozens of Hamas Cabinet members, legislators and officials using the pretext that Hamas has officially been declared a terrorist group and has bombed the offices of Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh. These aggressive acts are surely shameful when the Palestinian people were encouraged by all and sundry to embrace democracy, which they proudly did, little knowing they would be judged and punished for their choice.   It seems that Israel is intent on bringing Syria into the row as well. Last week, Israeli jets buzzed the summer residence of Syrian President Bashar Assad, in an attempt to force him to close down Hamas offices in Damascus and deport Hamas leader Khaled Meshal. On Sunday, Olmert told US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that �the directives to carry out operations and the orders to carry out terror attacks all come from Syria." This accusation Meshal vehemently denies.   What is becoming increasingly clear is this. Israel would prefer to escalate the crises rather than allow any possibility of returning to the peace table.   Israel is not prepared to accept any conditions related to the soldier�s return, including a request for the release of 335 Palestinian children incarcerated in Israeli jails. It�s ironic that while the uniformed Shalit is being portrayed as an innocent, bespectacled boy-next-door, those children have been forgotten, along with over 9,000 adult Palestinian prisoners.   With bridges literally burned by the Israelis, the Palestinians are pinning their hopes on Egyptian negotiators.   ldquo;We ask the international community and the Arab League to take its responsibilities toward our people and intervene to end Israel�s insane policy,� says Haniyeh. Judging by recent history, it�s a forlorn hope. We who do nothing and say nothing should all hang our heads in shame.
If only i were a stone in Palestine

www.alqassam.ps/vb3

http://www.alqassam.ps/english
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 3:58am

Originally posted by Palestine Palestine wrote:

It is dilemma that I wish I have the mean to solve it peacefully, I tried. Yes, I don't know their intention. Maybe they want the whole population to walk out so they can have the land, or is it just a habbit in torturing the defenseless people? What the American is doing in guantanamo bay is an indication of the same pattern - but it is not necessarily the work of the whole American administration. President Bush not long ago said that keeping the detainees there is tainting the American image abroad, but he was ignored. It does sound to me that there is a higher authority there beside him. 

I may hate someone for any reason, but to kill to maim and to destroy the property of the person that I hate is certainly the thing that I can not do. To destroy people life in such manner is not easy, something that is beyond logic. But for some reason they manage to do it, I don't know the reason for it. By right the human conscience as we know it today will prevent them from doing it.

If the US is supporting this savagery unconditionally than there is no one else can do anything to help the Gazan or the Lebanesse for that matter. I don't know their final aim, but to any individual who is going to die in the end, this is futile method, something that is enjoyable for the duration of the existing mind. Once the person dies that is the end of it. Is that what is all about? This is quite puzzling.

But I do believe that the Jews and the Zionist in particular are actually facing the era of depression. When someone can't see the next life - they only have this life. The mind sees the end of the time flow, and that is very bad thing to see. Beyond death there is nothing else, whatever the enjoyement they want must be done now while the brain is still capable in percieving it.

I read in the internet that the Jews or some of them after WW2 declare that "God is dead".

Maybe they want to show us and the world that God does not exist because He is nowhere to be seen. But when the Prophet was knocked down unconscious by rock thrown at him, God was not there to help him either. We as muslims know this thing clearly.

If they are muslims than there should not be problem, but have you ever pass to them even if it is a verse? Once you talk you will find that they are no different with anybody else except that they are highly emotional people, a typical semitic.

You are living in your own land, you have the right to live there in your own land. Live there in dignity and die in dignity. I am surely can feel your pain under constant slander and oppression. If noone help you and you are surely will never be able to free yourself from it than why don't you proud and have the pride by it? In the end they are as the strong side will die too just like you and everybody else.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 10:53am

Bismillah,

Allah Yuster, In Shah Allah.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Palestine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palestine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:11am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Allah Yuster, In Shah Allah.

amen Ya rab
If only i were a stone in Palestine

www.alqassam.ps/vb3

http://www.alqassam.ps/english
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 1:28pm
In answer to your question. Why is the world deaf to Gaza's cries
The world has always been deaf to the suffering of innocents.
The good or bad news is that the world is about to change.
I am trying to point out to my fellow Israeli's that it is precisely our
shameful behavior in Palestine that has given Nastrallah his bogus moral
licence.

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
nuniek View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuniek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 12:30am

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,

Why we are moslem only blame US and US and US or EU about this. ARe we blind ? try to justify our community and our people without deep searching in to the source of this chaos ?

Why we depend on US or EU so much, so when they don't do what we expected them to do, we blame them.

It is normal for them to ignore Israel actions because they are not in our side, they are not moslem.

But is is not normal for SAUDI ARABIA< QATAR, JORDANIA, TURKEY, or any Rich Islamic country to be deaf , or pretend to be deaf.

The question is not why US and EU deaf ?

The question is Why Saudi Arabia, or other rich Islamic country deaf, and don't help their brothers and still support US and make sweet smiley face to US goverment .

Blame those shameless kings ! Show their simpathy to their brother in Somalia, Iraq, Guantamo prisoner, Afganistan, ect.

WE are moslem not united. Look at Turkey, they follow US to forbid woman wearing hijab. Look at many Islamic country provide military base to attack Iraq.

So, look to moslems, we are too be blame ! We are moslems should improve our quality, our ukhuwah, brotherhood.

Wassalam.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 3:30am
Originally posted by nuniek nuniek wrote:

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,

Why we are moslem only blame US and US and US or EU about this. ARe we blind ? try to justify our community and our people without deep searching in to the source of this chaos ?

Why we depend on US or EU so much, so when they don't do what we expected them to do, we blame them.

It is normal for them to ignore Israel actions because they are not in our side, they are not moslem.

But is is not normal for SAUDI ARABIA< QATAR, JORDANIA, TURKEY, or any Rich Islamic country to be deaf , or pretend to be deaf.

The question is not why US and EU deaf ?

The question is Why Saudi Arabia, or other rich Islamic country deaf, and don't help their brothers and still support US and make sweet smiley face to US goverment .

Blame those shameless kings ! Show their simpathy to their brother in Somalia, Iraq, Guantamo prisoner, Afganistan, ect.

WE are moslem not united. Look at Turkey, they follow US to forbid woman wearing hijab. Look at many Islamic country provide military base to attack Iraq.

So, look to moslems, we are too be blame ! We are moslems should improve our quality, our ukhuwah, brotherhood.

Wassalam.

Alaykum Assalaam,

I agree with your proposition that good people all over the world should care for the impoverished.  Are you in the US?  I have heard of some places that tried to forbid the niqab, face cover, but I'm not sure they were successful.  They definitely harassed people for it in some places.  And there are jobs that a woman can't hope to get or keep wearing a hijab, but they are few.  Most places allow the hijab even if they are bigoted or racist because it is against our civil liberty laws to forbid it outright as in Turkey.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
usama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 2:51pm

Muslims are definitely to blame for failing to solve our problems and allowing corrupt governments to oppress us.

Of course the nations such as Israel, America, Russia, China, India that oppress, kill, toture, Muslims and exploit and usurp our resources and property are to blame for their own actions.

Ultimately, there are causes and effects. Muslims do not have any nation state that is truly independent of foreign dominance. Turkey, though her people are legally free, the govt is controlled by the secular military which will take over if the people reject the secular military guidance.  Egypt is nearly 70 million people just miles from Palestine but they are like a dead tree eaten by bugs. Egypt has no life, full of sickness, gives no shade, offers no protection.

If you have an enormous tree in your yard that is dead and full of bugs, what do you do?

Egypt, in my opinion, is the next greatest embarassment of the Muslim world, behind only Saudi Arabia.

What must we do?

Let there arise from amongst you a group inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and they are the successful ones. Al Imran:104
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic