IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need to ask which signs are we in.....?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need to ask which signs are we in.....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need to ask which signs are we in.....?
    Posted: 17 July 2006 at 12:04am

Hello,

I am curious, are we in the Minor or Major sign of Qiyamah? I thought we are in the major, some of the people in the Masjaad also said we are in the Major but there are missing signs of the Minor not been done yet , so I am confused. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance.

Nafiu View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nafiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 5:36am

Hello Foody,

From the Evidence given form the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, i believe we are still going through the minor signs.

The Minor Signs of the Last Day  
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali

Qiyamah will come when...

Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhii Wassallam) said, "Qiyamah will come...

* When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
    * When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
    * When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
    * When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
    * When orators and lecturers lie openly.
    * When people dispute over petty issues.
    * When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
    * When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
    * When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
    * When lies prevail over the truth.
    * When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
    * When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
    * When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
    * When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) about the Signs of Qiyamah.

* Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
    * People will indulge in homosexuality.
    * There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
    * There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
    * People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
    * Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
    * The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
    * The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
    * Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
    * Various wines will be consumed excessively.

Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me, "Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah:

1 My death
    2 The conquest of Jerusalem
    3 Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
    4 Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
    5 General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from it
    6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
    (Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men." (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).

IRAQ and SYRIA

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (christians)."

CONCEITED PEOPLE:

Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,

'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.'

Then Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) asked the Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied, "No". Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, "But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah and will be the fuel of the Fire."

from "Signs of Qiyamah" (excerpts)
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali

<> < =1.2> <>

The Major Signs of the Last Day  

A. The occurences before the Major Signs:

GENOCIDE
A man from Abu Sufyaan�s progeny massacres descendents of Nabi (S.A.W) and rules over Syria and Egypt.

WAR
A major war between Muslims and Christians: Half the Christian army will sign a peace treaty with the Muslim army, while the second half of the Christian army remains the common enemy.

ISTANBUL CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS
The enemy half of the Christian army conquers Constantinople (Istanbul), Turkey.

ISTANBUL RECONQUERED JOINTLY BY MUSLIM AND CHRISTIANS
The Muslims and the good half of the Christian army conquer Constantinople together, against the enemy Christians. Thereafter, a Christian will say the victory was due to the cross, and the Muslim will say it was due to Islam. A battle between both sides will ensue, and the Muslim Ruler will be martyred.

SYRIA CONQUERED BY CHRISTIANS
The two Christian armies reunite, conquering Syria.

CHRISTIAN DOMINATION
Christians dominate the world up to Khaiber (near Madinah), and they will pursue Muslims with 80 flags, with 12,000 men under each flag.

MUSLIMS AWAIT Imaam Mahdi

TOTAL ECLIPSE
A total eclipse of the sun and moon will occur in Ramadhaan, prior to Imaam Mahdi�s emergence.

IMAAM MAHDI EMERGES
At age 40, Imam Mahdi appears in Makkah, then flees to Madinah.

B. The Major Signs (i.e. events after the emergence of Imam Mahdi)

MUSLIM ARMY MARCHES
The army of Mansoor from Khurasaan will head towards Makkah to aid Imam Mahdi. They will win many battles on the way. No force will be able to stop them. They will carry black flags.

SUFYAANI ARMY SWALLOWED BY THE EARTH.
The Sufyaani army (an Anti-Muslim force) from Syria singles out Imam Mahdi for execution. On the way to Makkah, they get swallowed into the ground. A second Sufyaani army is created with 960,000 men (of 80 nations).

CONFRONTATION IN SYRIA
Imam Mahdi and the Muslim army go to Syria to confront the Christians. The Christians, before the battle, will ask Muslims for the return of their prisoners-of-war. The Muslims will refuse. The battle will begin. One-third of Imam Mahdi�s army will flee (their repentance will not be accepted), one-third will be martyred, and one-third will gain victory over the Christians.

MUSLIM ARMY UNDER IMAAM MAHDI CONQUERS PALESTINE JIHAAD ON INDIA
A jamaat of Muslims wages Jihaad on India and be successful.

SYRIA UNDER MUSLIM RULE
Imam Mahdi returns to Syria and establishes Muslim rule over the lands he passes.

ANIMOSTIY RIFE AMONGST THE PEOPLE
At this time, Muslims will be weak and there will be very few pious people.

3 RUMORS OF EMERGENCE OF Dajjaal ("Anti-Christ")... 3 YEARS OF DROUGHT
Before the emergence of Dajjaal there will be three years of drought. The first year, the skies will retain 1/3 of its water, the second year 2/3, and all of its water the third year.

DAJJAAL APPEARS
Dajjal appears. His followers, the Yahudis, will number 70,000 and will wear expensive silk attire and carry double edged swords.

Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam (JESUS) APPEARS
Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam descends during the lifetime of Imaam Mahdi.

DAJJAL KILLED AT THE GATE OF HUDD
Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam kills Dajjal at the Gate of Hudd, near an Israeli airport, in the valley of �Ifiq.� The final war between the Yahudi's will ensue, and the Muslims be victorious.

TOTAL PEACE
With the death of Dajjal, all wars will end. Jihad will be stopped; peace, harmony, and tranquility will be on earth. The earth will produce abundant crops and fruit. The people will follow Islam.

HADHRAT ISA RECEIVES REVELATION
The revelation tells that the Yajooj and Majooj will soon be released and the believers should be taken to Mt. Toor (Sinai).

Yajooj And Majooj ("Gog and Magog") RELEASED
The Yajooj and Majooj surge forth in large numbers. They destroy everything in their path in their effort to conquer the world. They will be released in two groups.

YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ REACH JERUSALEM
When they reach Mount Khamrin in Jerusalem, they will proclaim to have conquered the world. Then the will shoot arrows into the sky to conquer the heavens. The arrows will return blood stained.

HARDHSHIPS ON MOUNT TOOR
Scarcity of provisions and hardships will afflict the Muslims. Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam and the Muslims will pray for the removal of the calamity.

YAJOOJ AND MAJOOJ KILLED BY INFECTIONS
Their prayers were answered and the Yajooj and Majooj develop boil infections, causing them to burst simultaneously as a result.

EARTH FULL OF STENCH OF CORPSES
Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam and his companions pray again and huge birds are sent to pick up the Yajooj and Majooj corpses and dispose of them in Nahbal (according to Tirmidhi), the ocean or elsewhere.

PEACE ON EARTH
It will rain for forty days and the earth will be cleansed. Muslims will burn the bows and arrow of Yajooj and Majooj for 7 years. Life will be peaceful while Hadhrat Eisa alayhis salaam is alive. The earth will be bountiful. Hadhrat Eisa will live 19 years after marriage.

HADHRAT ISA PASSES AWAY AND BURIED NEXT TO MUHAMMED (S.A.W.)

OTHER LEADERS FOLLOW AFTER HADHRAT EISA alayhis salaam

Jahjaan from Qahtaan, from a tribe in Yemen, will rule as the next Khalifa. Muquad, from a tribe of Banu Tamim will also be a deputy.

SOCIETY SLOWLY DECAYS AND KUFR SETS IN

The Final Signs of Qiyaamah:

1 THE CAVING IN OF THE GROUND
The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

2 THE FORTY DAY SMOKE/FOG
Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. The non-believers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds). The skies will then clear up.

3 THE NIGHT OF THREE NIGHTS
A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.

4 THE RISING OF THE SUN IN THE WEST
After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west. People�s repentance will not be accepted after this incident.

5 THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH APPEARS
One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground. The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers� faces glitter, and the non-believers� faces darkened.

6 THE BREEZE FROM THE SOUTH
A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.

7 DESTRUCTION OF THE KA�ABA
The Ka�aba will be destroyed by non-Muslim African group. Kufr will be rampant. Haj will be discontinued. The Qur�an will be lifted from the heart of the people, 30 years after the ruler Muquad�s death.

8 FINAL SIGN OF QIYAAMAH: FIRE IN YEMEN
The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.

COMMENCEMENT OF QIYAAMAH
Some years after the fire, Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown. The year is not known to any person. Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 9:31pm

Adressing the quesiton to whether or not we are in the major signs of the Day of Judgement, we are not.  The major signs are 10 and if one happens then the rest occur almost spontaneously.  one after the other in very short periods of time. 

hadith rawahu Ahmad:

"The major signs are like beads in a string. when the string is cut, all of them would fall down."

The ten major signs are listed in this hadith rawahu Muslim:

Huthaifa said, 'rasullullah came to us when we were talking.  He asked us what were we talking about. We said that we were talking about the Day of Judgement. Rasullullah said, 'It will not happen until you see 10 signs.' He mentioned smoke, Al Dajjal (the false Messia), Al Daabah (The Beast), the sun rising from the West, the decendency of Jesus son of Mary, Gog and Magog (Juj wa Ma'juj), 3 Earth-swalowing earthquakes, one in the East, on in the West and on in the Arabian Penensula and in the end there will be a fire comming from Yemen and it would push the people to the land of the mahshara (gathering where the accountability will be held). '

counting the earthquakes as three signs, those are the 10 major signs of the Las Day. But Prophet Muhammad (SAW) did not necessarly say them in order.  If you want to know in order this is the order of how they will come:

1.) Al Dajjal: he will reek havoc all around the globe for 40 days. There is no fitnah from the begining of creation to the Last Day greater in magnitude than the fitnah of Al Dajjal.

2.)Decendence of Jesus Son of Mary: He (SAW) will kill Al Dajjal, break the Cross, and kill all the pigs on earth. Prophet Jesus will bring Peace onto earth.  The earth will be overflowing with blessings.  From gigantic fruits that groups of people could eat from a single one, to children playing with snakes and wolves mingling with goats. There will be so much tresure that people wouldn't care about it.  At that time, making sajda to Allah is more valuable to the people than those treasures.

3.) Gog and Magog: Two large tribes of hundreds of thousands of people. They come and also reek havoc, causeing caios to the Earth, and attacking Prophet Jesus and the believers. Gog and Magog will surround the believers, depleat them of food and drink.  Prophet Jesus will make duaa to Allah and Allah sends to Gog and Magog worms that eat them up. Gog and Magog all die.

4., 5., 6.) Sinking of Earth: 3 violent earthquakes that swallow vast amounts of land. One from the East, one from the West and one within the Arabian Penensula

7.) The Smoke: punnishment for the disbelievers

8.) Sun Rising from the West

9.) The Beast: the beast stamps the faces of the believers and the disbelievers, labeling them as such. Everyone will call to one another by thier labels- Oh believer! or Oh disbeliever!

10.) The Fire: it will come out from Yemen and surround and gather the people to one place- the Mahshara, 'gathering' for accountability.  

We know we are not at the major signs bcz Al Dajjal hasn't come yet.  once he comes, everything else will follow.  You'll defenetly know if we're in the major signs of not.  right now we are in the minor signs that provide evidence that the major signs are just right around the corner...

hope this helped :)

Salaam,

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 5:00am
Assalaamualaikum

Yes we are experiencing the minor signs....major signs won't give us time to breathe!! Allah save us from the torment of the DOJ.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 6:12am
I do not kow why it felt like a major sign to me, if this is the minor sign I am not looking forward for the major sign * shiver *
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:38am

If we don't build up our iman from now, it will be too late when Al Dajjal comes. 

the Prophet alayhissalam used to make dua in his prayer after the shahada  and before salaam (when sitting in last ruk'ah). He used to say, "Allahumma inni a'uthu bika min fitnati'l mahya wal mamaat. wa min fitnat-al maseeh al dajjal, wa min 'athab al kabr wa min 'athab al naar."

"oh Allah I seek refuge in you from the fitnah in life and death, and in the fitnah of the False Messia Al Dajjal, and from the punnishment of the grave, and from the punnishment of Hell fire."

Rasullullah told us believers that if we hear that Al Dajjal has come, DONT go to seek him thinking 'oh i'm a believer, he can't do anything to me'.  you'll go a believer and come back a disbeliever bcz of his overwhelming abilities to impress and convince you. Allah has given Al Dajjal super-natural abilities; raising the dead back to life, depleating the soil of fertility or giving it life and control of the treasures of the dunya.  You believe in him he'll give you all treasures of the dunya- you'll be in heaven.  you reject him, he'll depleat your grounds of fruit and vegitation, dry out your rivers and steams, confiscate all treasures and values leaving you starving, homeless and weak. Although his heaven is hell and his hell is heaven.  Believers in the Last Day will run to the tops of mountains to stay away from the sight and influence of Al Dajjal.

We've got to strengthen our iman and we've got to follow the prophet in his duaa and say this duaa during our prayers after the shahada and before we say sallam.

:)

foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 10:49am
Only Allah knows when the Dajjal will show up, but if I die before he shows up then I am saved from him by Allah's Mercy on me or his Mercy on anyone one of us here.  I am just not envious to the people out there who will face the Dajjal, let me tell you that.

Edited by foody
ZubairH View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZubairH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 5:29pm
Im scared.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic