IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who or what is killing Christianity?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who or what is killing Christianity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 6:26pm

This Easter of April 2006, 200,000 new Catholics were received into the Church.  Just in the US alone.

Btw, Hayfa, I saw the article about the four year old elephants today myself (in the National Geographic).  It told how they taken the babies away from their mothers and put them in a small cage, where they are beaten, starved, sleep deprived.  All this to "domestic" them so they can be used for rides for tourists.  I was furious when I read about this and saw the pictures.  Then if the little elephant fails to perform as he/she is told, he/she is stabbed with a sharp bamboo stick!  This was in Thailand, but the article said it happens all over in many countries.  Being an animal lover, this REALLY saddned me, and I love elephants because they are so loving among themselves and are also so intelligent.  How can people be so cruel???

Peace to you always.....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 4:17am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

I don't quite get your point, Supreme.  Rome was at it's apex when the Constantine took over.  The "fall" of the Roman Empire happened while Rome was Christian many years later.

Science did not come about until centuries later.

And I don't think Christianity is dying at all. Changing and evolving, but not dying.  Europe's old churches seem to have a problem, but elsewhere in the world Christianity is on the upswing.

Dave, I can't afford to read the Roman history to know this. I believe that the Roman was scientifically advance compared with the surrounding civilizations considering they the one who started the pave road.

Now what I must believe, do I need to believe that the fall of Rome caused by christianity, or the era of Rome was prolonged by the arrival of Christianity? I don't know.

But one thing is sure Dave, I have few month old game called "Roman Total War" in which I was defeated over and over and over by almost every side that I laid my hands on  no kidding!!, so I uninstalled it and play solitaire instead.

Alright, just a little smile for this grumpy section.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 9:28am

Evangelicals are killing Christianity!

It's an excuse to say Hollywood is because people have the choice to involve thgemselves in seeing movies or what not. But Evangelicals are in the churches where most people are mostly influenced. They are also in the streets and in the homes more so than your average movie flick. They are in countries with poverty. Although these things sound like good things I have heard of some where they only give food or give baths only if the people convert. This was actually a case in Iraq where only soldiers who would take communion could get a nice shower and cold water.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 6:32pm

Israfil, your first sentence says it all.  I am not an evangelical, but I am quite certain THEY are not killing Christianity.  In fact, Christianity is not dying at all....just as David said.

You don't have to approve of, like, or believe anything an evangelical says, but to state they are killing Christianity is ludicrous.  They are deeply devoted to Jesus.  However, they DO NOT force anyone to do anything against their will....that would be very much against their beliefs. 

I am Catholic.  We are the ones who believe so strongly in Holy Communion.....more so than any other church, as we believe that Jesus is completely present in the eucharist....body, blood, soul, and divinity--through transubstantiation when the priest consecrates the "communion wafer", i.e., the Eucharist.  We do not force anyone to take communion.  In fact, unless an individual has gone through a long duration of studying the Catholic faith, and has received the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation, they are PROHIBITED from receiving Holy Communion in a Catholic Church.

Peace to you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 5:34pm
Well Patty,

I have to disagree with you and brother David. The reason
Christianity thrives in most parts of the world is because they
take advantage of those who are less fortunate. And no when I
say take advantage I do not mean in the sense of negativity, I
mean, taking advantage of the perils in some areas of the
world.

evangelicals are everywhere and they are perhaps the most
profound sources of gospel preaching. Perhaps you ar playing
devil's advocate and fine do that. but I have experienced so-
called Christianity first hand, not only growing up in the
Christian faith but as a both a Christian and as a Muslim.
Evangelical christianity is nothing more than extreme literalist
who believe that they must preach the "Word of God" but in the
same breath, condemn others to hellfire. These people are no
better than Islamic extremist who preach and twist holy words
for their own gain.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:24am
T oa degree I agree with Israfil.. I take it to the angle is that they are highly negative.. and therefore turn many people away from Christianity.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 6:18pm

Evangelicals, I just want to run in the opposite direction when I see them

Have you ever watched the evangelicals on tv with the volume down, (we have few here in the earlier mornings and of course they are americans), look at their expression, not a nice one, all these frowning, finger pointing, walking up and down the stage, they look mean, omg God.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Although these things sound like good things I have heard of some where they only give food or give baths only if the people convert. This was actually a case in Iraq where only soldiers who would take communion could get a nice shower and cold water.

omg

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic