IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Devout Muslim Informer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devout Muslim Informer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 6:06am
Originally posted by candid candid wrote:

He did it for money. Period. There is nothing heroic about it. Nothing smart, either. He betrayed those who trusted him.

were you there when this transaction took place?
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 7:52am

Reread the first paragraph:-

"A paid police informant who calls himself "an observant Muslim" infiltrated a group of men and youths arrested last month and charged with plotting to carry out bomb attacks and kidnappings around southern Ontario"

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 10:00am

C'mon, candid....you're just jealous that you didn't get the money!

I think he should be nominated "Man of the Year" by Time Magazine.  Imagine how many lives he may have saved, and how much potential damage he prevented!  BRAVO!!!!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 10:29am
Informants are the lowest form of life.  They are like prison snitches.  I live in Canada and if I ever see that guy, I'll promise to spit on him.  What a sellout. 

Edited by Megatron
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Informants are the lowest form of life.� They are like prison snitches.� I live in Canada and if I ever see that guy, I'll promise to spit�on him.� What a�sellout.�

Shaikh told CBC News that he had worked undercover for the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service and the police for more than two years, much of that time with the suspects in the alleged bomb plots.

Shaikh, a former army cadet and Canadian Armed Forces reservist, describes the suspects as "fruitcakes...with the capacity to do some real damage."

I think that he was an "agent" & got "rewarded"

Edited by ak_m_f
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:12am

It's people like him that will sow the seeds of distrust amongst the Muslim community.  I have views which most people may consider controversial.  Now apparently, all my Muslim friends can potentially be a CSIS informant, take those controversial views and label me a terrorist.  With the best case scenario being that after 6 months, I am declared innocent with my carrer destroyed and my future prospects destroyed as well.  That's a load of garbage. 

In Canada, you are guilty until proven innocent.  

That guy deserves to get "Sellout" spray-painted on his house.  He is not a "hero", he's a parasite.

Edited by Megatron
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

It's people like him that will sow the seeds of distrust amongst the Muslim community.� I have views which most people may consider controversial.� Now apparently, all my Muslim friends can potentially be a CSIS informant, take those�controversial views and label me a terrorist.� With the best case scenario being that after 6 months, I am declared innocent with my carrer destroyed and my future prospects destroyed as well.� That's�a load of�garbage.�

In Canada, you are guilty�until proven innocent.��

That guy deserves to get "Sellout" spray-painted on his house.� He is not a "hero", he's a parasite.

They should have thought of their careers before joining the group which were trying to commit terrorist acts.

were they delceared innocent?

Edited by ak_m_f
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 11:49am

Why have they been held without any formal charges being laid against them?  Two of them have been released under house arrest again with no formal charges.  Just speculation in the media and have not had access to lawyers 

In Canada because of terrorism laws, a person can be held for 6 months without any charges being laid against them, without access to lawyers or family!! Does that sound right to you? 

Can't I live in a country where my freedoms aren't trampled on and also be protected by subway bombings?  This witchhunting of people in the Muslim community will just isolate the Muslim community and create more radical ideas.   

Besides, terrorism has a root cause.  Maybe people need to question Canada's military operations in Afghanistan.  I'm not saying bombing a subway is a way to protest this operation, but lets look at the problem as a whole.

Also, talk is talk.  I've heard people say awful things but not mean them.  I heard some Native guy just today saying he hated "white men" and he's going to "kill them all".  Maybe he should be arrested on terrorism charges.  This policy is just rubbish.  I used to live in a small town and heard skin heads say things which can easily be contrued as terrorist ideas and actions.  None of them were ever questioned by CSIS.  They were allowed to walk free.   

These policies are just an attempt for the Conservative government to cozy up to Bush and his failures.  Conservative governments have always been the U.S.'s lapdog. 

Just like that informant mentioned in  the article.  Nothing but a lapdog sellout.

Edited by Megatron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic