IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One Year, Reflections  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Year, Reflections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Year, Reflections
    Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:00pm

There are a few things I've learned over the last year.

The Hijab is a handy tool that can save your life if falling out of a plane, cover that bad hair day and make any woman look absolutely angelic...we'll almost any woman.

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Wudu is the cure for the heat of anger, feeling down about yourself, and that funky foot odor from old sandals.

Most Muslims show a very kind, charitable soul.  They gently call you to Islam and encourage the search for truth.  These are disproportionate to those muslims that call you Kafir and tell you that you're hellfire bound.

Mohammed (pbuh) had 12 wives, including a Christian woman.  His first wife was intelligent, educated and owned her own business.  His youngest was literate, while he was not.

Women are respected in Islam, women are not respected by men of many cultures.  There is a difference.

Jihad is a good thing, Hirabah is a bad thing. 

Hypocrites and Apostates are in all religions.  Its not about the group or individual, its about the basics.

Islam is a beautifully simplistic religion that people make harder than it really is.

You will never get two Muslims to agree on everything.

The only thing more confusing than hadiths are fatwas, when in doubt, look at the Quran.

In the end, Islamicity is a wonderfully warm place filled with serious students, kind mothers, reverts, born muslims, christians, one great Jew, and some really funny jokers. 

I wish to say thank you to all those that have taught me over the last year.  God Bless everyone of you and keep your families safe from harm.

With Sincere Love,

Angela Marie Daley, that Mormon Girl

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:45pm

LOL Angela, You should be a writer!

this is an awesome post!

Happy One Year Anniversary!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

What is hirabah? Err I honestly don't know, never heard or read the word myself he he, and I am a muslim by the sound of it.

Originally posted by wrote:

This is the truest of them all - I am the living proof of it. There is only one agreement I make with fellow muslims - to disagree .

Angela you hit the nail in all those points.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 5:09pm
As part of the ideological "war on terrorism", Muslim scholars are seeking to engage in an ideological battle within Islam to replace the word jihad with a term that labels terrorists as cowardly pirates who kill women and children, which in Islam is the crime of hirabah. Because the word jihad roughly means "religious effort," the West can come off as attacking the daily life of ordinary Muslims, while terrorists get away with wrapping their crimes in religious phraseology. Muslim scholars are meeting in Washington with US officials to change this. "When people carelessly dump on jihad, it has an immediate polarizing effect," said Khaled Abou el Fadl, a professor of Islamic law at UCLA who will attend the meeting. "It may not change much, but it allows Muslims and non-Muslims to say something about terrorists without appearing to malign Islamic theology." "We should use language to move moderates toward the West and quarantine the extremists," added Muqtedar A. Khan, director of international studies at Adrian College.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 10:31pm
happy 1 year Angela  you're sanity still ok?
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

There are a few things I've learned over the last year.

The Hijab is a handy tool that can save your life if falling out of a plane, cover that bad hair day and make any woman look absolutely angelic...we'll almost any woman.

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Wudu is the cure for the heat of anger, feeling down about yourself, and that funky foot odor from old sandals.

Most Muslims show a very kind, charitable soul.  They gently call you to Islam and encourage the search for truth.  These are disproportionate to those muslims that call you Kafir and tell you that you're hellfire bound.

Mohammed (pbuh) had 12 wives, including a Christian woman.  His first wife was intelligent, educated and owned her own business.  His youngest was literate, while he was not.

Women are respected in Islam, women are not respected by men of many cultures.  There is a difference.

Hypocrites and Apostates are in all religions.  Its not about the group or individual, its about the basics.

Islam is a beautifully simplistic religion that people make harder than it really is.

The only thing more confusing than hadiths are fatwas, when in doubt, look at the Quran.

In the end, Islamicity is a wonderfully warm place filled with serious students, kind mothers, reverts, born muslims, christians, one great Jew, and some really funny jokers. 

I wish to say thank you to all those that have taught me over the last year.  God Bless everyone of you and keep your families safe from harm.

With Sincere Love,

Angela Marie Daley, that Mormon Girl

Bismillah,

You're welcome, and thank you for your time, effort and sincere love.  In Shah Allah, your family will only grow stronger and wiser and more faithful as time here on this earth passes.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 11:35am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this past year Angela.  Life certainly is a learning experience isn't it?  I wish I could remember some of what I've learned in this past year, but, I do know that being content with what Allah has given me is the best thing I've ever learned, period.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this past year Angela.  Life certainly is a learning experience isn't it?  I wish I could remember some of what I've learned in this past year, but, I do know that being content with what Allah has given me is the best thing I've ever learned, period.

Peace, ummziba.

As Salamu Alaykum My Dear Sister UmmZiba,

Please do not worry on your past that the things you do not remember as your benefits,we know what you have taught to us in the recent year with your gorgeous writings coming from your pure heart,we are the witness and Allah knows them then just leave it to Him and be satisfied about this,just live your day and keep on inspiring to us...you know that hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one...

The giving hands...wa salaam...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic