IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Wikipedia Editors Needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Wikipedia Editors Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimwikipedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Muslimwikipedia....your idea is great and very informitive info however I personally wouldn't feel comfortable about writing something on Judaism seeing as me, myself, I am no Jew. Any opinions coming from a Muslim in respect with other religions would in fact be from the prospective of a Muslim therefore, any research, comments etc would be bias. Of course what would help is encourage Jews as well as Christians to write information about their religions as well as Sikhs, Hindus etc to avoid stereotypes and misinformation. I would happily write about philosophy and metaphysics and such....!

Salaam, there will Inshallah be huge sections on other religions. But these will be from a comparison with Islam perspective. This after all is the MuslimWikipedia, not the JewishWikipedia or the ChristianWikipedia.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 4:45pm
muslimwikipedia toche! I understand brother but we must
becareful when commenting on anothers religion because
what if our understanding of that religion is not plausible? We
may have knowledge of other religions but our perspective of
that may be false espeically if the other members of that
religion differ on our perspective. For instance most Hindus
claim their religion is monotheistic because BRAHMAN being
the absolute reality or GOD is divisible into various
comprehensive images or various godly deities. Although to us
this is polytheistic shouldn't we if commenting on this religious
belief also have their side noted as well?
muslimwikipedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimwikipedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 6:11pm
salaam,
the muslim wikipedia only permits the promotion of Islam. Other religions , inshallah will be discussed, but ONLY in the context of Islam.

So for example In Hinduism, there is the concept of Ohm, the sole creator. However there are lesser gods per se, and so for example the islamic concept of tawheed, and the unity of Allah will be added as the concept of pure monotheism.

There is a concept that only one who believes in their religion is able to adequately explain it. But since we are not there to promote other religions, factual and doctrinal descriptions are sufficient. And inshallah there are many Muslim brothers and sisters who are well versed in these fields.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 8:24am

Muslimwikipedia,

Thank you for your explanation as it is indeed most clear....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic