IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discussion - Ayah&Hadith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion - Ayah&Hadith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion - Ayah&Hadith
    Posted: 08 July 2006 at 11:57am

Assalaamu'alaikum Warehmatullhi Wabarakatuh!

Kindly do not post comments in the "Ayah  of the week" and "Hadith of the week" threads.

Read this!!

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5764& ; ; ;PN=1

You can discuss it in this thread...
Jazakallahkhair!
Wassalaam.

Ps- I am posting the deleted posts from "ayah of the week" here, but we will not be able to do that everytime. Your comments will be deleted in those threads, please co-operate. Thank You.

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 11:59am
Suleyman wrote:  Posted: 07 July 2006 at 5:39pm

Jazak Allah Khair Sister Fatima,Seyid Qutb's tafseer is the one being referred too much by muslim students and the one i would like to buy but did not find time to do,i have just finished Maulana Maududi's tafseer and his syrah and some other books are waiting their orders,Jazak Allah Khair for your input under that thread,but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers...buth truth is truth whether they like or not...wa salaam...

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:00pm
Sister Suleyman, thats yellow card for u
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:01pm
Fatima wrote   :   Posted: 08 July 2006 at 6:52pm |   

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

I am sorry but your comments along with mine will inshaAllah be moved to a new thread where the tafsir or ahadith could be discussed.

but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers

Alhamdulillah i think i have been blessed in this regard because i started my tafsir with ibn kathir. His tafsir is mashaAllah so sweet, give you so much zeal and Love and makes you cry. He gives you opinions of sahabah (ra) and salaf, then leaves you to choose which one touches your heart. With Maulana Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, i think its more informative. SubhanAllah they explain things in such detailed manner that it becomes easy. I am not sure whether you heard 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by hamza yusuf and anwar al awlaki or not. But its like that, hamza yusuf gives you passion and love while anwar al awlaki's set is more informative and thought provoking.

wassalam

Edited by amah
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:02pm
Suleyman wrote:  Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:11pm |   

fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

I am sorry but your comments along with mine will inshaAllah be moved to a new thread where the tafsir or ahadith could be discussed.

but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers

Alhamdulillah i think i have been blessed in this regard because i started my tafsir with ibn kathir. His tafsir is mashaAllah so sweet, give you so much zeal and Love and makes you cry. He gives you opinions of sahabah (ra) and salaf, then leaves you to choose which one touches your heart. With Maulana Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, i think its more informative. SubhanAllah they explain things in such detailed manner that it becomes easy. I am not sure whether you heard 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by hamza yusuf and anwar al awlaki or not. But its like that, hamza yusuf gives you passion and love while anwar al awlaki's set is more informative and thought provoking.

wassalam

Wa Alaykum Selam Sister no matter where the thread goes just keep on posting a great improvement in the board,i love Hamza Yusuf and his valley called Zaytuna Valley,www.zaytuna.org,please look at the pics wonderful happiness they are!!!!, i have just bought a book of him called "purification of heart",but sister please consider that if you read the Maulana Maududi's tafseer it also includes Ibn Kathir's views on ayats,but for regarding Ibn Kathir it should be in our libraries too but if you haven't got enough economy,Maulana Maududi's tafseer is enough for a intermediate reader as a first step,as we ares...

For looking on the syrahs,the one i loved to read is Muhammad Gazzali's Fiqhus Syrah then Munir Muhammed Gadban's Nabawi Movement Method then Maulana Maududi's the life of the last prophet,one we have on the list did read yet bcs it is 10 volume and so high and detailed syrah that i am unable to start right now,Insh'Allah i will...

Edited by amah
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:04pm
Fatima wrote:  Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:46pm |   

Assalamu alaikum

I have heard hamza yusuf's purification of heart and subhanAllah its excellent.

Sirahs i have read 'the sealed nectar' and mashaAllah was really good but i am reading 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by ibn kathir, its got 4 volume, quite detailed how i like it. which sirah is the one wiht 10 volumes and which language is it in?

wassalam

ps. I hope sister amah moves the thread cos i cant do it due to hyperlink system not working. So i am going against what i said in announcement for these threads that no comments please.

Edited by fatima on 08 July 2006 at 8:48pm

Edited by amah
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 1:48pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I just wanted to say what a great addition to the forum the ayat and ahadith threads are!  There never fails to be inpsiration and comfort in reading the words of Allah and hearing about the example of our Prophet!  Great idea!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2006 at 3:42pm
This has always been a "muslims only " forum for posting. 

Will that change, or are non-muslims requested to discuss elsewhere?

BTW, this is the best new IC development since Yusuf started posting one of the 99 names of God every day many years ago.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic