IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shukr (Thankfulness)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shukr (Thankfulness)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:10pm

Assalaamu Alaikum

Nausheen

Thank you for your help, I�ve made Du�a for you, Alhamdulilah. Sorry if I have added to your distractions.

Wasalaam

nadir

O'Allah, thank you for sharing your Love 

The heart rejoices in Love, Alhamdulilah

In Love the heart rejoices, Subhan Allah

The heart rejoices in Love, Allahu Akbar

In Love the heart rejoices, Alahmdulilah

The heart rejoices in Love, Subhan Allah

In Love the heart rejoices, Allahu Akbar

The heart rejoices in Love, Alhamdulilah

In Love the heart rejoices, Subhan Allah

The heart rejoices in Love, Allahu Akbar

In Love the heart rejoices, Alhamdulilah

The heart rejoices in Love, Subhan Allah

In Love the heart rejoices, Allahu Akbar

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 5:10am

Jazak allah khair.

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:37am

Asslamoalikum,

Its really a very informative discussion. Its in the nature of man that he seldom pays thanks to Almighty Allah. Most of the time man is worried about his situation and future. The sory that you narrate shows the zenith of thankfulness of human being to his Creator. Man can achieve the purpose of his being here in this world if he learns to be contented with his situation. Once man learns the art of contentment and take every difficulty as an aazmaish, he can be able to achieve the meaning of existance. He can discover himself and this self-discovery leads to the discovery of Almighty Allah. May Allah give us toufiq to be contented and thankful in the worldly life.(Amen)

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir Rahim,

Assalamualiakum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

[Attn Nadir: You asked me to give feedback on your personal conclusion]

The following is a story that is related in the chapter on Shukr (thankfulness) in "Sufficient Provision for Seekers of the Path of Truth" By Shaykh Abdal Qadir Jilani (RAA), translated in English by Shaykh  Muhtar Holland.

The following story was told by one of the righteous:

"In the course of one of my journeys, I caught sight of an old man, who was far advanced in age, so I asked him about his condition. He responded by telling me: 'In the early part of my life, I was deeply in love with a cousin of mine, the daughter of my paternal uncle, and she was equally in love with me, so it was agreed that I should marry her. [When she entered my chamber] on the night of her bridal procession [zifaf], I said to her: 'Come, let us spend the whole of this night in worship, as a way of giving thanks to Allah [shukran li'llah] (Almighty and Glorious is He) for having brought us together.' So we performed the ritual prayer [sallaina] throughout that night, and neither of us paid any attention to the other. Then, when the second night came around, we spent the whole of it in similar fashion. This came to be our constant practice, so that now, after seventy or eighty years have gone by, we are still in that same state every night.' His wife was with him at the time, so he turned to her and asked her: 'Is that not just the way it is, O So-and-so?' To this the old woman replied: 'It is just as the old man told you.'"

Maa salaama.

I really feel sorry for Nausheen's  husband. Poor fellow, he remains frustrated even after marriage. I strongly suggest he considers marrying, once more. Provision of polygamy meant for men like him.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 11:18am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir Rahim,

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

I really feel sorry for Nausheen's  husband. Poor fellow, he remains frustrated even after marriage. I strongly suggest he considers marrying, once more. Provision of polygamy meant for men like him.

Zaman,

Bad show, to be honest. Despite of all your misbehavior towards me in the very beginning , I thought you were a good person.

The reason for your personal attack, I can think of is that ... you could not come up with a good argument to my posts in other threads, which is a very cheap attitude to say the least.

I treat this place as my second home, and most of the ppl who I talk with, I also take them as a part of my family. However there have been some people who are not worth this. There are some of you, who resort to insult when you either do not understand what I am trying to say, or find my words too sharp. You think it is fair, but to me it only seems you are too weak! And dont worry, its not just you, there are others too who do the same, I feel sorry for all of you who resort to this!

You can never get your point accross through insults, always remeber this.

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 11:22am

Brother Zaman this is the second mistake(also to Jenni) you did in one day read by me in your threads,please collect your mind!!!,i really become so angry about you...one more chance to you...Subhan'Allah..

Edited by Suleyman
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

The reason for your personal attack, I can think of is that ... you could not come up with a good argument to my posts in other threads, which is a very cheap attitude to say the least.

It is easier to find fault in others, rather than look at one's own faults.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 9:40pm

Bismillah

Brother Zaman, I am not familiar with your previous arguments but in this thread you are losing your manliness before a woman who reminded us all of the blessing behind being thankful.

Take a couple of steps back and ponder at what you are doing... honestly, quite damaging if not degrading to your own self than anyone else on this board.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic