IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is a Second Marriage Scarey  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is a Second Marriage Scarey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is a Second Marriage Scarey
    Posted: 05 July 2006 at 6:24pm

Saleem,

I went to a Wedding over the Weekend (just Woman of course) The Bride was not very old; maybe 34 or so. She never had any Children with her first Husband. The both agreed to end their Marriage after 18 years (She was very young when she married her first Husband) . They did not decide to divorce because they never had children but because she was here in the USA for the last two years and he was back in Africa. He just could not get a Visa. So, they both decided it would be best for the both of them to move on with their lives. (Just incase you all wanted to know :-))

So, I was sitting there in the reception hall looking across the room at her in her pretty dress and thinking back to the time when I first got married ( I was only 19) and reminiscing. Not about the bad that happened with my Family but with my Ex-Husband and I. We were so happy.

This was my 4th Islamic Wedding I have attended since my return from overseas. But, this was the first Wedding I went to where the Bride was getting married for the second time. I am going thru a divorce now even though at times it is still painful each day gets better for me. Thanks to ALLAH swt for that. My faith has increased and he has given me some great religious friends to help me and pray with. So, as I am looking at the Bride I was asking myself questions like, well here are some..... "Will she compare him to her first Husband?" "How will it be for her?" Then I realized I was thinking these questions because I wanted to know for myself. Yes, getting married the first time for me was scarey. Many reasons, no need to list them here. My Best Friend who has Brothers in Abu Dhabi and London; she is always saying to me "They need a good wife" Get a Husband with good deen who will love and provide for you. I am not so well physiology at times. Inshallah I will get better. I do want to be happy again. Have someone to share my life with and have children. But I know right now in my life that would not be wise. Inshallah in time. Alhemdeallah for all. Anyways, I tend to talk to much sorry for that. Getting back to my topic question and just stop here I would like to ask the Women who have been married more than once, how did you adjust to your Second Husband when you a Wife before to another Man?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic