IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Polemics and Bulletin Lists: Read  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPolemics and Bulletin Lists: Read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polemics and Bulletin Lists: Read
    Posted: 01 July 2006 at 8:21pm

Greetings to all.

Lately I have come across some who have begun to abuse the forum by copying and pasting "bulletine" lists of polemical claims, assertions, and alleged verse segments of "text" supposedly taken from sources found in the reading curriculum of the group under "fire".

I could interpret existing rules to cover this, or I could just say that as a moderator, I will edit and delete lists that are being used to abuse another group. This is called "dumping", and it is a dishonest trick, and it is done by people of every group so regardless of religous affiliation, if I find someone abusing another group with long lists of accusations, verse quotes, and assertions, the list will be deleted. If you continue with the abuse, I will make sure your participation is deleted.

I hope this will help solid debate, discourse and discussion here.

Thank you all!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:03am

Content noted. I will be careful, although I don't do that.

Thanks for bringing it up, Andalus.

BMZ

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Content noted. I will be careful, although I don't do that.

Thanks for bringing it up, Andalus.

BMZ

Assalam Aleikum Br.

It was not directed at you! And I have never seen you do this. But I have noticed that the act has begun to take off in the past month or so, and in at least one instance, a Muslim did it.  It is wrong and it is abusive.

Thank you for your support Br!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 5:16pm

Wa Alaikum Assalaamm, Andalus

I understand, brother.

I am with you on this issue. It is really annoying. Good observation.

Best Regards

BMZ

s666 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:48am
good move for a forum.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 2:35pm

Polemics, want to know how far could they go?

Here is my latest response on another site, see how they distort!

"Just to let you know that I ain't an Arab boy. I highlighted three sentences in Apple Pie's post, as follows:

an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, certainly do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and certainly they say against �allah� except the truth , only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, a message ; �allah� and his word cast forth to her Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe on account of �allah�, and His messengers, and certainly they say: "Three." Refrain (it is) agreeable certainly your only �allah�one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his child, truly his; what not in the heavens and not in the earth and He sufficed on account of �allah�, a witness.

�� ���� �� ��� (Ayn yakuna lahu walad) did not come out in Arabic

You claim to know Arabic. Look at the term in Arabic and look at Apple Pie's translation in English, highlighted in blue. Please tell me if you agree with his translation and I would know immediately if you too know Arabic well."

This is the extreme of a polemic!

Edited by bmzsp
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 9:24am

Wrote this on a nice Christian site, in response to a question by a noble Chrsitian who sounded real sincere to know the truth. Just for everyone's knowledge:

I have explained this before to many on other sites but the minds of the polemics are already made up and the effort becomes a waste of time.

You sound sincere, so I will explain:

The Arabs were pagans, worshipping hundreds of idols. Their far-distant ancestors knew about God by the name of Allah from the times of Abraham and Ishmael. After Abraham and Ishmael, as it happened after Noah, there came generations who faithfully practised monotheistic religion of the God of Abraham. After them, came generations who started deviations and went back to idolatory. Of course this happened over a long period.

In addition, the pagan Arabs started believing that Allah was the biggest of all their gods. In the region of Mecca, pagan Arabs had also assigned three daughters to Allah and had named them Laat, Manaat and Uz-zah. They used to worship the three feminine godesses. Angels were described as females.

The same pagan Arabs who worshipped the three daughters assigned to Allah, should have at least had the decency to honour and respect women but they did not. They used to bury their new born females into the desert sands with pride for it hurt their honour to have the first born child a daughter. Their faces would turn red or black in shame when they heard of the birth of their daughter, their own first child, their own blood. It was a brutal infanticide which was an accepted norm and was carried out openly.

Now if you were to get a translation of Qur'aan in English and read Chapter 53 known as Surah Najam, you will know the truth within minutes.

It tells you first about Prophet Muhammad, his encounter with Gabriel who taught him and brought all the revelations, his strong character, talks about his seeing the greatest signs of his Lord God Almighty. Then come the following verses:

"Have you ever considered what you have been worshipping in Laat,
Uz-zah and Manaat the third? For your ownself, the males and for Allah, the females?

Is that a fair division? These names Laat, Manaat and Uz-zah are just imaginary names given by you and your ancestors and God had never bestowed these upon you at all!"

Clearly you can make out that Allah, God Almighty is telling us that Laat, Manaat and Uzzah were just figments of their own wild imaginations and they were not true. If the people loved those female godesses, whom they called daughters of Allah, why were they killing their firstborn female children? Why would the face of an Arab turn black in shame when he was given the news that his wife bore him a daughter? The son was very popular with Arabs but they never assigned a son to Allah or God. How peculiar that the same Arabs later were to deny that God had a son?

After this Surah, the Arabs felt ashamed, it attacked and hit right at their conscience and the practise of female ifnaticide was finished and gone, courtesy Islam, Qur'aan and Muhammad.

Now the polemics, those who have eyes but cannot see, those who have ears but cannot hear  and who are against Islam, Qur'aan and the Muslims, but had foul mouths, came up with a story that when Prophet Muhammad recited those three names of the godesses in the recitation, the Arab pagans, the Arab Christians and the Arab Jews were all delighted   that Muhammad had compromised and accepted Laat, Manaat and Uz-zah, which is all junk and stuff. These verses were introduced as Satanic Verses by the polemics, since the polemics suggested that the names of female godesses were whispered into Muhammad's ears by Satan.

Hope you did understand and I hope this sincerely helped. Please forgive me for the use of emoticons which are only meant for a few notorious polemics here. You will know them soon.

Best Regards
BMZ

For the Polemics: Let those polemics who are here and have ears, hear this!  

Edited by bmzsp
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 10:23am

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Andalus

I recommend people simply include a URL instead of an entire text dump. It will both save space, and provide a link for whomever might be interested. I did exactly that in a recent post to Angela.

Links from anti-Islam web sites are not allowed here. That goes against guidelines.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic