IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To The Moderators  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To The Moderators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:42pm
but nobody should make their own theories, predictions etc. like today's scientists do...

Sorry I dont get this part.

are you against science?

Edited by ak_m_f
Muslim_brother View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

but nobody should make their own theories, predictions etc. like today's scientists do...

Sorry I dont get this part.

are you against science?

i am not totally against science, but some part of science, example, I don't believe in Darwin's theory ragarding evolution, but I believe in what Allah has said in the Qur'an regarding creation of man

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:10am
explain.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:41am
Separating science from Islam and Allah is not an good idea,science is the sign of Allah also denies Darwinism,please cahange the quantity and the quality of your libraries,thx....
Muslim_brother View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim_brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 2:02am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Separating science from Islam and Allah is not an good idea,science is the sign of Allah also denies Darwinism,please cahange the quantity and the quality of your libraries,thx....

I did not get what you wrote. I said that I am not totally against science. I am only against some part of science. I do not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution. But I believe in what Allah says in the Qur'an about the creation of mankind

Edited by Muslim_brother
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Muslim_brother Muslim_brother wrote:

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Separating science from Islam and�Allah is not an good idea,science is the sign of Allah also denies Darwinism,please cahange the quantity and the quality of your libraries,thx....

I did not get what you wrote.�I said that I am not totally against science. I am only against some part of science. I do not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution. But I believe in what Allah says in the Qur'an about the creation of mankind

Uptodate they have done experiments to prove darwins theory, all came back with negative results.

So in a sense science have disproved darwins theory.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 5:55am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Brother israfil, no one here thinks that your case is sad and taking pity on you. I am sure brother must have meant that you feeling down due to behaviour of others is sadening.

You know what people around me made my belief stronger because they let me down. People always expect high of others, hardly forgive you for your mistakes and keep reminding you of the past. Allah swt does not, so please dont be disapointed about the deen due to people. I am not sure whether its practical for you or not but when i dont agree with some1 after a while i leave it alone. No one in this day and age knows the exact position of so many laws. All you need to know is your heart is sincere and you dont associate anyone with Allah swt. Follow the deen brought by Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) to best of your ability and ask Allah for forgiveness for short comings. InshaAllah you are and will be ok.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 8:54am

Fatima thank you for your heart felt message and I appreciate the sincerity you bring. These are things I'm trying daily and its unfortunate for me to have to suffer indeed however as have mentioned before there are variables within my life that has lead me to this point. I believe I have already established that I do not question God or God's existence I believe what I mentioed here is my faith which, we have already discuss in length already. But it is appropriate that we carefully choose our words in addressing the Muslim brothers and sisters when they are suffering from faith.

Call it sugar coating or call it sensitivity training but I believe when we address each other it is best to be careful in how we choose our words. This is the problem I had with a few moderators which sister Herjihad had brought to light. When comments are addressed to me such as "You have to see where I'm coming from" takes away my plea for understanding because if I'm crying out for help one should not overlook my emotion and distress with the reply "You should see it from our way."

A lesson about people guys (I exclude sister herjihad since she already understands where I'm going with this) When you are addressing a person in crisis be sensitive. Listen to what the person says and address what the person is saying. It does not always help to throw scripture because if that were the case, I wouldn't be in the position that I'm in now. Look at this as counseling rather than preaching. Let me ask you can you ALWAYS cure person suffering from thoughts of suicide with Biblical verses or Quranic verses? No. Sometimes they need counseling to address the problem. I'm not saying I'm in that same boat but that is an example.

When some of you give me adivce none of you even asked me "Why are you feeling this way?" I'm surprised none of you asked that. You think cause I said some stuff here you know? If you asked maybe I'd tell you. None of you, surprisingly even offered to speak with me privately to be more indepth of my situation. I feel that a lot times we offer what I call adivice from a distance.

That is, we will give them supporting advice from afar but wish not the other persons problems impede on ours. Therefore we tell people "Pray to God and you'll feel better" rather addressing the problems personally first hand. Sorry, maybe that's me being a psychologist in that respect but it gives me comfort to know that there are people really care about my situation and my spiritual rehabiliation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic