IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To The Moderators  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To The Moderators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To The Moderators
    Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:15pm

Perhaps this is some ploy of mine to tell the world (Well, the cyber world here) that I'm creating this invisible gap between myself and the greater Islamic community. I have been here quite some time and if one looks back from the old forum to the new you'd see that almost every post that I have made was at least partially productive if not wholly. It's been quite frustrating getting PM's and getting comments in the forum saying: "I will not address you anymore because you hurt my feelings" or "I cannot speak to you anymore because you will not listen."

It's obvious where these comments lie. I'm sorry that I choose not to be blinded and that I question a whole lot. I'm sure none of the moderators (with the exception of a few) had the luxury of converting from one religion to another. As a thinker I do question life a lot and although many of you respond with the cliche' "Some things do not beckon questioning" I say that all things beckon our questioning. It doesn't mean that questions will always get answered however it is good to question. I made a thread called "United States Reconciliation" where I was hoping to get various ideas (based on the criterias set in the thread) on how we can make America better.

Nobody responded.

I discuss the Metaphysics of Heaven and Hell...Nobody responds....Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong areas. I come to this site because I wanted to share ideas that I normally don't do in my real life. It's not like I'm in school where I can jon a philosophy club and share all these wonderful ideas. I'm either at work, studying or here discussing stuff. I see the moderators have lost hope for me so I ask the moderators since this is a conversation between myself and you all, what is it that you wish for me to do? If we are suppossedly a family in Islam what are you suggestions as family members? Should I not question? Do you feel I taint the image of Islam to our non-muslim guest or what?

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:46pm

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

May Allah swt's Mercy and guidance with you brother. I ask to please forgive me if you mind what i say, I am only going to tell you bcos you asked for truth.

Now i start with good thing, alhamdulillahe mashaAllah Allah swt has given you a good brain. But thing is you are not using it in the right direction (slightly ofcourse ). In the thread about injeel i gave you couple of common examples which make it very clear to me that giving a choice and then knowing the outcome does not negate or affect free will. I am not sure why would you go into the basic root meaning of each word and then shred the whole thing apart. Brother I am sure if you do this with anything, you can prove it wrong. My point is you trying too too hard to understand the deep and real meaning of everything when the meaning that matters most is right there infront of you.

Brother losing hope in anything is bein ungrateful from Allah swt's Mercy and ask refuge from it inshaAllah. Me trying to explain things in itself should tell you that even though i dont know the first thing about you, I care dearly about you because you are a muslim brother. Yes I do consider you to be slightly of the path but every one does experience that. If you want an advice then I sincerely ask you to read books of tafaasir. Listen to recitation of Holy Quran and do this dua of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) 'Allahumma Arini Alhaqqa haqqa wa arzuqni Ittaba', wa arrini batila batila wa arzuqni ijtinaba'. It means O Allah swt show me right as right and give me ability to follow it and wrong for wrong and an ability to avoid it.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 9:33pm

Bismillah,

We get busy and cannot respond to everything.  When things are very deep and complex, they require time to think about them to answer, so it is better to say nothing if it cannot be well thought out sometimes.

I think you should question and do not taint the image of Islam because your questions are important.  However, I believe we should all be more careful about harming one another's feelings and learn from the times when people tell us that we have done this to figure out how not to do so in the future.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 5:52pm
Israfil,

I think one of the main problems with Islam and every religion for that matter is that people don't question beliefs.  Beliefs are like rules.  They need to be questioned.  People with small minds follow rules blindly because they feel if they detract from them, a calamity will occur.  But one must understand that rules are put in place for a reason and it is up to us as cognitive beings to discover the reasons behind these rules.

With respect to fatima's discussion on knowing the outcome and negating free will.  That is an issue which has stumped people since the dawn of man.  I've always wondered myself, if God knows exactly what I am going to do in the future, how can I have free will?  It's a paradox and there is no right or wrong answer in the discussion.  Yet it invariably scares people because it is difficult to discuss.

The modern conception of religious people is that they are stupid.  Most of the "religious" people I know are not very smart in my opinion.  They are like sheep following the herd.  Question your religion at every opportunity you have.  Never relent in this goal because if you do it will come back to haunt you.

Example, I used to have a real big issue with Islam's acceptance of polygamy.  I didn't belive it at all and I considered not becoming Muslim because of it.  I hid that in my bosom for a year and I found myself wanting in faith.  I realized that western culture programs you to think and behave in a certain way and that it programmed me to see polygamy as sexist.  When I finally brought the issue to light, I researched the issue and realized that polygamy is part of human history.  Besides, I've outgrown my politically correct idealism and I'm proud that as a Muslim, I can have up to 4 wives.

Life in general is about questioning everything around you.  Religion, which attempts to explain life is not immune to that idea.  So in short, don't ever lose your inquisitive nature and "Keep on Truckin'".

Edited by Megatron
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 10:32pm

Megatron, good post

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:37am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

The modern conception of religious people is that they are stupid. 

Please dont make me laugh, if you really had read any work of any good (im not even saying great) scolar you would not be saying that. So you think people like Imam Hanifah, Imam shafi', ibn rushd, ibn kathir, ibn taymiyah, Maulana Mawdudi or Dr israr are stupid people. Have you not heard when you point a finger at some one there are three pointing towards you.

I know about the work done by ibn rushd and some other people in his time and only thing that they were trying to figure out was when Allah swt says that He writes every matter in a book beforehand, whether it is every minute detail or just the big events? If it is not too much trouble can you please tell me which muslim philosphers had doubts about limitations of free will? I want to read their work inshaAllah so i dont die as stupid blind follower.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 10:09am

Saleem Israfil,

Please look at the post that I listed under General Dis. "From Arabic to English"

Inshallah it will help you.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Israfil,

I think one of the main problems with Islam and every religion for that matter is that people don't question beliefs.  Beliefs are like rules.  They need to be questioned.  People with small minds follow rules blindly because they feel if they detract from them, a calamity will occur.  But one must understand that rules are put in place for a reason and it is up to us as cognitive beings to discover the reasons behind these rules.

Dear Megatron,i suggest you to search more on Islam before questioning it,there are no blind peoples in �slam who follows other as sheeps,i am sad that you are making comments higher than you,Belief is an general concept may be your are talking on traditions,if you mix the concept why are you talking so?,sometimes silence is the best solution...

With respect to Fatima's discussion on knowing the outcome and negating free will.  That is an issue which has stumped people since the dawn of man.  I've always wondered myself, if God knows exactly what I am going to do in the future, how can I have free will?  It's a paradox and there is no right or wrong answer in the discussion.  Yet it invariably scares people because it is difficult to discuss.

Dear  Megatron,please check up the quality of your library,you have all free will and Allah knows what it will be,the issue is up to your witness of knowing what you have chosen,Allah waits you to see the things you have chosen,your witness bcs He is going to questioning you with your witness...

The modern conception of religious people is that they are stupid.  Most of the "religious" people I know are not very smart in my opinion.  They are like sheep following the herd.  Question your religion at every opportunity you have.  Never relent in this goal because if you do it will come back to haunt you.

From the types of words you have chosen i believe you talk from your desires,no knowledge any wish to Allah seeking for His guidance...

Example, I used to have a real big issue with Islam's acceptance of polygamy.  I didn't believe it at all and I considered not becoming Muslim because of it.  I hid that in my bosom for a year and I found myself wanting in faith.  I realized that western culture programs you to think and behave in a certain way and that it programmed me to see polygamy as sexist.  When I finally brought the issue to light, I researched the issue and realized that polygamy is part of human history.  Besides, I've outgrown my politically correct idealism and I'm proud that as a Muslim, I can have up to 4 wives.

The concept of polygamy does not depends on Sexism,if it had then Islam could not break the rules of old ages...please also search on this issue more...

Life in general is about questioning everything around you.  Religion, which attempts to explain life is not immune to that idea.  So in short, don't ever lose your inquisitive nature and "Keep on Truckin'".

Sometimes questioning means being  silent and listening and feeling...please do also mind on the other types of questionings...questions are sometimes out of the question marks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic