IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sayyid Qutb - 1906-1966  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sayyid Qutb - 1906-1966

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sayyid Qutb - 1906-1966
    Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:15am

...jahiliyya... takes the form of claiming the right to create values, to legislate rules of collective behavior, and to choose any way of life that rests with me, without regard to what Allah has prescribed�

Born in Egypt, Sayyid Qutb was a prominent Islamic revivalist. As a youth he joined �Ikhwan al-Mulemoon (Muslim Brotherhood)�. For his criticism of British occupation of Egypt, Cairo�s relation with Israel under the puppet king Farooq, and later Nasser�s anti-Islamic policies � he spent most of his middle age in prison. Finally, he was martyred in 1966 on the orders of Nasser.

During the period of his internment, he wrote several highly acclaimed books - starting with Social Justice in Islam (1949)�, �In the Shade of Qur�an�; and ending with (having suffered torture as well as ten years of incarceration in Nasser's concentration camps), wrote his best known work, Milestones, [Ma'alim fi'l Tariq ] a work that has inspired tens of millions Muslims around the world.

http://www.muslimedia.com/archives/features99/qutb.htm

http://www.geocities.com/abyassin/Qutb1.html

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:19am
M�lestones is available in the board;books....
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 6:21am

Thank you for starting this thread, bro Rehmat.

The Muslimedia website inclines towards the Iranian Islamic regime, and I used to think that Qutb is considered a Salafi. It's so interesting and actually great that both the Shiite Rahbar Ali Khamanei and the Muslimedia website speaks highly of him.

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 2:35am

I discussed Qutb on another forum. Here's what I have got and what I request you to inform me about.

In some respects, Qutb may be considered a Salafi. However, the major group of those who are known as Salafis, that is, the Wahhaabis dislike him.

After all, Qutb is a revolutionary. And revolution is what Saudis and the Wahhabi proponents of their state are afraid of.

This is not to demean Wahhabis nor any other group of Muslims. As long as they do not walk around accusing any Muslim of unbelief (kufr), all Muslims are my full brothers in faith.

So, my brothers and sisters, I ask you to cite us more info and more extensive evaluations about Sayyid Qutb.

Edited by Mustafaa
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Mustafaa Mustafaa wrote:

I discussed Qutb on another forum. Here's what I have got and what I request you to inform me about.

In some respects, Qutb may be considered a Salafi. However, the major group of those who are known as Salafis, that is, the Wahhaabis dislike him.

After all, Qutb is a revolutionary. And revolution is what Saudis and the Wahhabi proponents of their state are afraid of.

This is not to demean Wahhabis nor any other group of Muslims. As long as they do not walk around accusing any Muslim of unbelief (kufr), all Muslims are my full brothers in faith.

So, my brothers and sisters, I ask you to cite us more info and more extensive evaluations about Sayyid Qutb.

His tafseer is enough for breaking the misunderstandings on him,he is an well scholar who proved his words with giving his soul to Islam;his knowledge on science of shariat is excellent...we can talk too much;but when comes to practice it will be hard,Qutb is an good example for seeing the combination of knowledge and their practises...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic