IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Comment -- Please comment if you like  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comment -- Please comment if you like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:15am
I am already doing it! Don't you worry about that!

Edited by Muslima
Allah Ou Akbar!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:34am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I call terrorist the one who wear suicide vest & blow themselves up in bus, and the one who crash into WTC.
(also the ones who drop bombs from F-16 on civlians)

I have never called freedom fighters who fight with the real army ,a terrorist.

Bismillah,

Aoodhu bilahi min ashaytanir Rajeem.  The point I so sadly failed to make is that the word terrorist is a new word that wasn't in the dictionary just a few decades ago, and that by allowing the powers-that-be created and define new words without modification or our own new invention we are actually encouraging our own mind control.  Words are power.

I seem to remember that persons who fought unconventionally were engaging in guerilla warfare and were called "guerillas".  Suicide bomber is pretty descriptive of someone with a bomb strapped around them, but not as clear as "kamakazi pilot", because they both are on death missions, but suicide bomber alone doesn't tell us if they are aiming at civilians or not.

Civilian suicide bomber? CSB? Wildly vicious non-combatant murderer? WVNCM?  That could apply both to a person with bombs strapped on their back walking into a crowd of innocent lunch goers and to Bush and Blair authorizing the bombings of innocent civilians who dared to give lunch to their husbands or brothers who were fighting for justice that day, or just planting their fields in the place they felt like bombing.

I think this etymological discussion deserves a lot of thought by a group of people searching for justice and peace.  How about you?

Brother Ak, when we label people, they might grow into the charisteristics of the thing with which we label them.  When we just address the specific trait in front of us, it limits the discussion to that and gives people room to move away from something that they weren't sure of in the first place.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

So, Herjihad, does a "freedom fighter" have the right to blow up a student on his lunch break?I see how you feel now. 

A Terrorist is a Terrorist.  Be he Irish, Arab or American (Tim McVeigh would have called himself a freedom fighter.....I would disagree)

Bismillah,

If you misunderstood my meaning, then I must have been horribly unclear.  Maybe I should ban myself when both my computer and me are overtired, rushed, and out of breath.  I know some who would definitely agree with such action!

Not only are people who murder non-combatants misguided, evil fools, but they are denying the Mercy of our Lord completely by their actions.  How many wonderful people in Iraq, Phalasteen, Ghana, Kashmir, Sudan, Virginia and more will die needlessly because of the vicious, greedy people in this world who have no respect for Allah, The Truth, nor the limits which He sets upon us?

I know.  Clear as mud, right?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:48am

Salam sister Herjihad. I agree with you, you have spokem most reasonably, MashAllah!

I wish I had your Sabr.

May Allah always protects you InshAllah, you and your family.

Allah Ou Akbar!
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 4:55am

Oh, looks like this topic hasn't been closed yet.

To Whom This May Concern

I would beg everyone not to make personal attacks, please. I am itching to delete entire threads, so please don't do that and don't give me a chance to do so. Muslima, I had to delete one of your posts, containing the ugly word Zionist.

Here is what I posted in the closed topic, for everybody's reading pleasure:

Hi Everyone,

One thing is positive about this site that no one has called me a Jew or a Joo yet.  

There is a lesson to be learnt from the following, when our dear Prophet was about to enter Mecca again after many years, victory for Allah and Islam, he was not taking that as his personal victory though. He did not think like that.

He and his companions were ruthlessly persecuted by the Meccans, tortured, taunted, stones thrown at, beaten mercilessly and many were slaughtered by the Meccans. They were forced out of Mecca, their home, by the pagan Meccans.

Prophet was ready to enter Mecca with more than 10,000 Muslims and before entry, he asked Bilal to announce the following:

"You will not harm or attack any man working in the fields. You will not harm or attack any women, children and old people. You shall not cut down any trees. You will not kill any person unless attacked. All by the Kaaba were safe, even all in Abu Sufyan's house were safe."

Prophet did not behave or do anything like Joshua did as told by YHVH. Not a single person was attacked or slaughtered, though the prophet and Muslims had the right to avenge. He did not. That was the most peaceful takeover of any city in the History of the world.

Even the most modern and civilised countries like US, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the UK have no such good record. Naeen, Naada, nicht and zilsch!

If we look at what I wrote above, Islam gave the best and the mother of all types of  "Geneva Convention" 1400+ years ago.

Islam does not allow attacks on non-combatants or civilians which include the general populace. There is nothing to justify suicide bombing or killier attacks against civilians, in Qur'aan. Period.

However, Palestinians are free to attack and kill IDF forces, if they are attacked. Likewise, the Iraqis and their resistance fighters are free to attack the US Military and it's Associates but they are not allowed to harm their own people or the enemy's civilians, who are getting screwed by both sides.

Personally, I am a strong supporter of Muslim countries going nuclear. Pakistan has safe-guarded it's own existence. Iran is just doing that and I hope it announces and confirms having nukes. Otherwise an Iraq would have been made out of both or both of them would have been turned into Iraq already.

Look at North Korea. It has openly declared having nukes. has no food nor money for it's people but the bomb safeguards it's existence. No one can touch it!

Pakistan has always been an off and on ally of US.  Sacnctions were imposed it when it exploded nukes after the Indians exploded. But now Pakistan is a darling. If the West knows how to be diplomatic, the Muslim countries should show that too. Look at Iran, How nicely it is handling the situation.  

Why is the US so deadly against Pakistan, Iran or other Muslim countries having nukes and missiles or NK having both? They are not going to use any nukes on anybody. But the main reason is that US will no more be able to anchor it's Naval Fleets of their coast and make an Iraq out of them.

So, what exactly did God Almighty say in Qur'aan about this war and persecution by others? Please don't mind my style of transliteration and the translation. Here it is:

"Wa a'a-id-do lahum mas-ta-ta'atum min quw-wa-tin, wa mir-ribaa-til khailay, tur-hiboona bay-he adoo-wal-laahay wa- adoo-wa-kum, wa aa'khay-reena min doo-nay-him; laa ta'a-la-moona-hum, Allaho ya'a-lamohum. Wa maa tun-fay-qumin shay-yin fee sabeel-lil-laahay, yu-waf-fa ilaikum wa antum laa tuzlamoon." Verse 60 Surah 8 Al-Anfal 

Translation: "And prepare and strengthen yourself against them with all the might that you can gather, have the best cavalries, etc so that you can instil fear in the hearts of the the enemies of Allah, your enemies and also against those other than them as Allah knows your other enemies too, you don't know. Whatever you spend in the way of Allah will be given back to you and you will never be short-changed or no one can touch you."

Dr. Mahathir, former PM of Malaysia kept telling the Islamic Leaders, the goons and buffoons, reciting this Ayaah and who cared? The solution is given there in Qur'aan and Muslims have been sleeping over it for centuries.

What OBL and Taleban have done is wrong. No one can justify that act under Qur'aan and any other Islamic ordinances. God Almighty never promised any 72 virgins to anyone. Wrong is wrong.

Palestinians, poor people, have always been made a pawn and have been used by Muslim rulers of the Arabic States in order to hang to their kingdoms, shaikhdoms, Sultanates and Emirates. We are the ones who have got the Palestinians screwed up and have led them into a miserable life. If the Muslim world stood united and bold on the Issue of Palestine, the West would fix Israel in a minute.

OBL, Mullah Omar and the Talebans have hijacked Islam and have tarnished it. They have done nothing Islamic by executing 911 and they handed over the Muslim regions to US on a silver platter.

Edited by bmzsp
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:02am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Muslima, I�had to delete one of your posts, containing the ugly word Zionist.

O no, Zionist have their lobby here too, muslima!

you cant hide

Edited by ak_m_f
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:21am

"O no, Zionist have their lobby here too, muslima! "

Oh! you were so close to the scissors!

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:33am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

"O no, Zionist have their lobby here too, muslima! "

Oh! you were so close to the scissors!

bmzsp and ak_m_f, u both have something in common !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic