IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE: Angela’s Plan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RE: Angela�s Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:27pm

Thursday, July 13th, 2006
Mission Accomplished!?

By Georgia Stillwell & Stacy Bannerman / Members of Military Families Speak Out

I wish to thank all the fine people of this nation for their calls to Dennis Hastert's office. Thanks to your calls, I had an appointment with Congressman Hastert by noon Tuesday.

I plan on sending in a more lengthy report when I get home, but here are a few details, short form.

Stacy Bannerman and I were whisked from the Cannon House office to the Capitol and met with the Speaker of the House for a half hour.

When Hastert compared Iraq to a football game, I reminded him that kids don't die in football games. I told Hastert the true cost of war was our children; and we don't have one more child to give him.

I showed him a photo of a 20-year-old soldier who was killed in Iraq (Summer Lipford�s son). He didn't blink.

Stacy told him of the impact of a missing husband in the home. And how the wives take the brunt of a returning soldier�s difficulties. She also discussed how National Guard and Reservists and their families do not get the same resources, support, benefits and services prior to, during and after deployment as active duty soldiers. Stacy spoke of the lies that brought us into this war, the lack of Congressional oversight and accountability, asking the Speaker how congress could have allowed more than a $100 million of taxpayer dollars to "go missing" in Iraq. As she was speaking, Congressman Hastert developed a nervous facial tic. He said to Stacy that, "We want to leave the people of Iraq with something positive, and are working to build a democracy."

Stacy replied, "It's not within the purview of the Armed Forces to build a democracy."

Speaker Hastert interrupted with, "I didn't say anything about building a democracy."

Stacy said, "Sir, yes, sir, you did, just now. And that's not what Congress signed on for, that's not what Congress was told they were paying for. It's certainly not what the American people were told when the war began. For Congress not to have an open, honest debate about this, the way this nation was misled into war, and the other issues I mentioned, is unpatriotic."

I was treated with much respect and got a hug when I left. Speaker Hastert offered to find my son a job. Stacy Bannerman didn't even get a handshake. I believe the Congressman felt much more at ease with a mother than a wife of a soldier. I was discussing the emotional aspect of the war and Stacy was discussing the moral and political failures of congress and the Bush administration.

Once again, thank you and a full report will follow.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 7:13am

Cassie, what you said to amalhayati2 below is uncalled for, you have been nothing but sacastic thru out your post.

I am sorry but I have to stand up for her.

Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

As for your snipes first at Whisper, and then at the rest of us trying at least to do something SMALL (see my signature at the bottom of this post, or did you forget to put your specs on LAST TIME?), your contempt is beneath my contempt.  And believe me, you couldn't top my contempt if you were on the ISS.

Most of you know that I try to be a voice of moderation here, but this amalhayati2 person has really got my Goat!

amal, put forth a legimate concern she had and you put her down, I thought you said that disagreements were welcomed that you asked for along with agreements and you put her down, good one   

As I mentioned in good faith at the pond, you need to calm down,

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

We are fledglings, just learning to fly.  Willing to listen, WANTING TO LISTEN. Wanting to learn. You have a problem with this?

willing and wanting to listen, then do that for goodness sake, Cassie  

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:53am

Angela, et. al.,

There must surely be a place for my disorganized self within your organization? 

Count me in.  The main reason I have not contributed thus far, whether here or at the Pond, is because I do not have regular and reliable Internet access.  Thus, I restrict myself to certain threads, discussions and even boards.  I am interested in this topic, though, and might try, at some point, to participate. 

Best regards,

Serv

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:02am
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=4>Finally, I have got�the time to breathe.

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=4>We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no�matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>Will post a plan of action on the 14th

�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??� Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>what is this some sort of game?��What are we�kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals�will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.� Don't you ppl know�the Bush�Administration�oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.��

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members�pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea�are doing�is dangerous to islamicity.�� �

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations,�"they are supporting the terrorists"�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>if they got that against you,�you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>:)

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>PEACE

THE mEn In BlAcK ArE cOmMiNg ....

RuN 4 uR LiVeS.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:59am

We need a new name.  I don't feel comfortable with it called the Angela Plan with all these people involved.

A man of great integrity has offered to pay the fee for a domain name on an independent site.  I think the sarcasm was missed on the MSN group name and I know there are concerns about it being at the Pond.  (Though, I thank Colin and his partner for the space to get things started.)

So, Give us suggestions for a new name.  I want it to NOT sound like something Bush would use (hence the sarcasm in Project Iraqi Hope) and I want it to be something that is going to be attractive to the leaders we are trying to target. 

So, what do we want to call this plan????

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Finally, I have got the time to breathe.

We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

Will post a plan of action on the 14th

does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??  Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

what is this some sort of game?  What are we kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.  Don't you ppl know the Bush Administration oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.  

What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea are doing is dangerous to islamicity.    

unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations, "they are supporting the terrorists" 

if they got that against you, you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

:)

PEACE

Asalaamu alaikum:

Some quotes on fear:

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less~~Marie Curie

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." ~~~Franklin D Roosevelt

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom. ~~Bertrand Russell

It is fine to fear, I once had the same fears you expressed. But to give into them means you are already defeated, what is the purpose of being A Muslim if you can not attempt to effect change? George W Bush HAS NO influence here.Like it has been quoted before, Each Journey starts with a small first step.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

THE mEn In BlAcK ArE cOmMiNg ....

RuN 4 uR LiVeS.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic