IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE: Angela’s Plan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RE: Angela�s Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 11:48pm
Did this plan go on the wayside somewhere in Lebanon? 
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 12:09pm
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 5:21am

Suleyman posted: ................Stacy Bannerman and Sue Niederer brought two pairs of empty boots to the House hearing chaired by Conn. Rep. Christopher Shays -- strangely titled "the Evolving Strategy for Success in Iraq" A report from the GAO Controller Walker reported that the administration has been unwilling to estimate the future costs of the war, now running about 3 billion a week. He was criticized by Republicans for being negative. Rep. Dennis Kucinich passionately stated that US continues to make more enemies everyday. When a Democratic Congressperson asked incredulously how the Administration continues to reward contracts to companies who fail to provides services and are blatantly corrupt, Stacy and Sue were severely admonished for applauding. They did, however, escape arrest. Georgia and Celeste were not permitted into the hearing because they carried the pictures of Sue's son Seth and Celeste's son Sherwood, No dead soldier pictures were permitted in the hearings on success in Iraq...............

Women who had lost their loved ones in Chile during the Pinochet regime would dance publically with photographs of their husbands, sons, fathers pined to their dresses. No other form of protest was allowed them

on threat of arrest and incarceration.

They Dance Alone (Cueca Sola)

Why are these women here dancing on their own?

Why is there this sadness in their eyes?

Why are the soldiers here

Their faces fixed like stone?

I can't see what it is that they despise.

They're dancing with the missing,

Dancing with the dead.

They dance with the invisible ones,

Their anguish left unsaid.

They're dancing with their fathers,

Dancing with their sons,

They're dancing with their husbands.

They dance alone.  They dance alone.

It's the only form of protest they're allowed.

I've seen their silent faces, they scream so loud.

If they were to speak these words

They'd go missing too.

Another woman in the torture table.

What else can they do?

One day we'll dance on their graves.

One day we'll sing our freedom.

One day we'll laugh in our joy.

And we'll dance.

Spoken:

Ellas dansan por los desaparecidos

Dansan por sus muertos

Dansan por sus amores invisibles

Dansan con silencio angusto

Dansan con sus padres

Dansan por sus esposos

Ellas dansan solas

Dansan solas

Hey Mr. Pinochet:

You've sown a bitter crop.

It's foreign money that supports you.

One day the money's going to stop.

No wages for your torturers.

No budget for your guns.

Can you think of your own mother,

Dancing with her invisible son?

They're dancing with the missing,

Dancing with the dead,

They dance with the invisible ones,

They're anger left unsaid.

Dancing with their fathers,

Dancing with their sons,

Dancing with their husbands.

They dance alone.  They dance alone.

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 4:47am
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Whisper wrote:

Finally, I have got the time to breathe.

We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

Will post a plan of action on the 14th

Amalahayati wrote: does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??  Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

what is this some sort of game?  What are we kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.  Don't you ppl know the Bush Administration oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.  

What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea are doing is dangerous to islamicity.    

unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations, "they are supporting the terrorists" 

if they got that against you, you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

:)

PEACE

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Angel wrote: Cassie, what you said to amalhayati2 below is uncalled for, you have been nothing but sacastic thru out your post.

I am sorry but I have to stand up for her.

Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

As for your snipes first at Whisper, and then at the rest of us trying at least to do something SMALL (see my signature at the bottom of this post, or did you forget to put your specs on LAST TIME?), your contempt is beneath my contempt.  And believe me, you couldn't top my contempt if you were on the ISS.

Most of you know that I try to be a voice of moderation here, but this amalhayati2 person has really got my Goat!

amal, put forth a legimate concern she had and you put her down, I thought you said that disagreements were welcomed that you asked for along with agreements and you put her down, good one   

As I mentioned in good faith at the pond, you need to calm down,

Angel, no, I am sorry but I do not feel that I owe an apology to anyone unless you count the one that I have just posted to you elsewhere.  The original post by Whisper was written in good faith, Amalhayati's comments were SNIPES.  Her paranoid comments about attracting undue attentions annoyed me, and I wrote what I thought.  Perhaps I could have been a little more subtle about it, but the end result would have been the same.  I did not see Amalhayati disagreeing with anything we have written about the plan.  I saw her taking pot shots at those participating, calling them "spies", insinuating words about "supporting the terrorists", etc., (where is the logic in this, please? We are working for PEACE.  That's the irony of all of this.  How could that possibly threaten Islamicity's existence or reputation) and so on.  I responded perhaps too quickly, but no, other than that I stand by what I said.

If the Moderators request it, I will apologise in a very carefully thought out PM.

I feel that this is developing into a certain tension between you and I, and I would like us to put a stop to it right now, if you don't mind. Please, do not tell me to "calm down".

As I said elsewhere, I would far rather than we remain friends.  Cassandra

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

THE mEn In BlAcK ArE cOmMiNg ....

RuN 4 uR LiVeS.!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 12:29pm

Finally, I have got the time to breathe.

We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

Will post a plan of action on the 14th

does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??  Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

what is this some sort of game?  What are we kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.  Don't you ppl know the Bush Administration oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.  

What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea are doing is dangerous to islamicity.    

unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations, "they are supporting the terrorists" 

if they got that against you, you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

:)

PEACE

Asalaamu alaikum:

Some quotes on fear:

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less~~Marie Curie

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." ~~~Franklin D Roosevelt

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom. ~~Bertrand Russell

It is fine to fear, I once had the same fears you expressed. But to give into them means you are already defeated, what is the purpose of being A Muslim if you can not attempt to effect change? George W Bush HAS NO influence here.Like it has been quoted before, Each Journey starts with a small first step.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:59am

We need a new name.  I don't feel comfortable with it called the Angela Plan with all these people involved.

A man of great integrity has offered to pay the fee for a domain name on an independent site.  I think the sarcasm was missed on the MSN group name and I know there are concerns about it being at the Pond.  (Though, I thank Colin and his partner for the space to get things started.)

So, Give us suggestions for a new name.  I want it to NOT sound like something Bush would use (hence the sarcasm in Project Iraqi Hope) and I want it to be something that is going to be attractive to the leaders we are trying to target. 

So, what do we want to call this plan????

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:02am

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=4>Finally, I have got�the time to breathe.

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=4>We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no�matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>Will post a plan of action on the 14th

�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??� Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>what is this some sort of game?��What are we�kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals�will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.� Don't you ppl know�the Bush�Administration�oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.��

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members�pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea�are doing�is dangerous to islamicity.�� �

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations,�"they are supporting the terrorists"�

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>if they got that against you,�you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>:)

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>PEACE

THE mEn In BlAcK ArE cOmMiNg ....

RuN 4 uR LiVeS.!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic