IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RE: Angela’s Plan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RE: Angela�s Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 5:50am

Finally, I have got the time to breathe.

We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

Will post a plan of action on the 14th

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

We must get organised and push Angela's Plan further no matter what anyone thinks or says. I have just finished a meeting with someone closely connected with someone very prominent on the global Muslim stage (a legendary ex-prime minister of possibly th finest country in the Islamic world). He seems to have good aroma about this plan being initiated by people!

Bismillah,

We are looking forward to reading it!

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 7:57am

Forgot one thing to say,in The Pond!!!

Edited by Suleyman
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 10:57am

Suleyman, please.  Several people have written to you about why the "Plan" was moved to The Pond.  It has nothing to do with wanting to be exclusive.  Look at this way, I am convinced that had I not meditated on Angela's Plan overnight (which was not then in a thread of its own) and come in the next morning to find that not only had it disappeared from "Active Topics" but hadn't been consulted for almost 24 hours, I wouldn't have had the idea to create a different thread altogether (The Angela Plan), and PM people to please read it and participate.  Luckily they did. It was decided early on that it might be a good idea to create a different forum link completely, but as Angela has said, that would have taken time.  Ergo, Colin graciously stepped in and offered The Pond as a temporary solution.  It seems to have got kind of stuck there, and I think we are all aware that if we move it again, it might get virtually lost altogether.  Kind of like The Zerox Effect. The dialogue over this, and related issues is just too important for this - AND, may I add, for petty "Inter-Forum" squabbles. 

Even there, not as much is being written as I had hoped, I feel we are getting swamped in Pond Weed, and I have to agree with Duende that that is a frustrating feeling.  I am not good at waiting, though I think that Colin is right and that we are gathering passengers for the Bus. Maybe yours is just the voice we need to get us all thinking in new directions. Yours and other Muslims.  Come on, all of you.  I'll pay for the bus tickets - ida y vuelta.  You don't like it, you come back.  I can't offer fairer than that can I?

Personally I am not interested in what has or has not been said which you might have found offensive to you, or, for that matter to your religion which I think by now you and many other Muslims know that I have come to respect enormously.  Your personal concerns are not mine, and I'm sorry but I tell it like it is! What I DO care about is that we encourage dialogue between all persons, and MORE IMPORTANTLY A PLAN OF ACTION, albeit it might be a small one, such as forming an umbrella group as I have suggested, or, let's see what Whisper comes up with.  For my own part, I am delighted to see that he is still as enthusiastic as he was at the beginning (it was in part his support for the Plan which got me thinking) and is considering options for us.

So why don't you just stop bellyaching and join us.......we need ALL voices.  We especially need MUSLIM voices, Suley. Otherwise we become as Muslima said: "A discussion of non-Muslims making decisions for the Muslim world."

I never thought I would agree with the Green One, but on this, she is clearly prophetic....if we allow it.  We don't have to, Suleyman. Listen to Cassandra's prophecies instead.  She doesn't have an ax to grind.

This whole plan is about being "beyond borders": beyond religions, beyond sectarianism:  it's about our Planet and its future. Right now, the horizon seems to be on fire:  is it the sun rising, or setting?  Or is it an oil slick someone set alight to....hmm. Don't think I like that idea.

You do live here, don't you?  You do hope to live to a ripe old age and play with your grandchildren?  No?  I do. The way the world is going, we may have to kiss that option goodbye.  Where will your little comment in red be then? Just because it has always been, doesn't mean it always will be.  Read David Hume. A huge part of becoming a mature and concerned citizen in this rathger scary world we inhabit is learning to think outside the box.  The non-Muslims on this forum already do that....so why can't you?  I promise you:  no-one will try and convert you!  And they'd better not try it on me either.

Think on this one...... for me......for the world, please. I invite you personally.  You can have dual nationality: honestly.

My best regards,  Cassandra

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he only do a little. Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797

Edited by Cassandra
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 11:32am

Suley, I have a private student....last name Saudi....but I don't think my influence extends that far!

I'll let you have the window seat.  (If you knew me better you would realise what a sacrifice that is!!!)  C

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:56pm
Beware all ye sailors, me thinks I hear the Sirens singing.....
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Suley, I have a private student....last name Saudi....but I don't think my influence extends that far!

I'll let you have the window seat.  (If you knew me better you would realize what a sacrifice that is!!!)  C

Thank you very much dear Cassandra,i have read all of the writings in both forums here and at the pond,all i can say is the way of my thinking mode is acting rather than discussing, i just love to think with touching before talking on the issues,i first see then touch then live then talk and write,please this does not mean that you have no reality on the issue you started well and will succeed no doubt!,all i want to say is if i will be the part of the plan as an closest member to Iraq,i should visit the area for having the views of the owners of the land for working on a real solution,somethings are so different than we see from our houses and i support your project please do know that...

By that reason from my view of my life and some of my plans delayed till to that time which they are waiting my considerations i can't accept the invitation...

Kind regards....

Also thank you very much for your concern and kindness...

Note:i am a real tough nut to crack,you are right.....

Edited by Suleyman
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 10:15pm

does anyone else notice the vague implementation of these words??  Someone closely connected...legendary EX-prime minister....of possibly

what is this some sort of game?  What are we kids to think that a bunch of internet savy individuals will supersede the tactics of larger grassroot organizations like Islamic Relief, CAIR, MPAC and others that have spent years involved overseas affairs.  Don't you ppl know the Bush Administration oversees every inch of what goes on in Iraq and what goes on here in America.  

What you cassandra, angela, whisper and others members pro with this good but waaay over your head wacky idea are doing is dangerous to islamicity.    

unknowingly you guys will be asking for attention from the NSA or CIA or even FBI.

call me paranoid but hey, i'm a muslim and whatever i say might and will be used against me- remember a lawyer's favorite phrase against Muslim organizations, "they are supporting the terrorists" 

if they got that against you, you AND islamicity are shunted to oblivion.

(unless you are a spy, then you've done your job well)

:)

PEACE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic