IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Spiritual Crisis  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Spiritual Crisis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 2:12pm
A sufi concept is that religions fan out from God as do spokes on a wheel. 

They all converge on truth, but it is important to not jump from spoke to spoke.  That gets you no closer, and you may fall off entirely.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 3:02pm

DavidC, this is exactly what I was thinking about!

I went to see the derviched in Istanbul and I read a book but this is in French Israfil, about a reverted Muslim who was head of Phylosophy deaprtment in the most prestigious research centre in france.

Thsi is a shame I do not have a translation but she speaks about the wheel for monotheist religions.

I also agree with what Annie said, maybe you need to concentrate on your personal relationsip with God. let me know if you want the title of that book Israfil.

Salam brother

Allah Ou Akbar!
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I say Amen to that. I appreciate the comment made by those who've responded here. There is much work on my part but it is just frustrating to me because the influence of mankind is very great and there is so much tormeent in the world.

Sometimes you need to shut out the world and its influence on you.  I know it's hard.

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I remember a case where my neice and I were walking on the strip in the city of Long Beach California, and these two ladies were handing out these papers. Upon reading the papers it was basically proseltyzing to convert to being a Baptist Christian. These ladies suddenly attacked my neice after she told them she didn't follow a Christian faith.

My neice knowing that I have SOME knowledge of religion came to me for help and the ladies had started on me like Bees to an attacker. Basically it boiled down to if I don't believe as they do God will reject me in the end. As I have seen here there is so much judgement as there is in the real world. People maks their judgement by saying "I'm telling you the word of God."

Welcome to the club.  The Baptists would probably condemn me too. Muslims condemn me.  Jews condemn me.   Look to the New Testament.  What does Jesus say?

All religions are exclusionary in many respects.  They all claim to have the answers.  Most of them claim to be the only religion.

Originally posted by </span>Israfil Israfil wrote:

That is the ultimate deception!

Perhaps there is a universal law unknowing to the human mind that says that we humans have to be of one religious faith. Perhaps. However according to the Qur'an God could have lead everyone to the same path. But he chose not to. I believe that the same truth is apparent to me today.

I believe that all religions have some truth in them.  You can compare them.  The basics are the ten commandments.  Everyone has a choice.  God gave us choices.  Sure, God could have lead everyone to the same path, and I think that He has, but He has given us the choice.  If we didn't have choices, we would be robots.  We would follow God and love God because He made us do that, but I don't believe that God wants people who follow Him like that.  Do you?

Originally posted by </font>Israfil Israfil wrote:

We as humans have different paths in life and we must follow them but I truly feel that these minute paths all end up ion the same direction. Based on "THE WORD OF ALLAH" let me ask the people of the forum this:

Based on the theology of the Qur'an please judge accordingly:

In the court of God who would God likely condemn

1) Buddhist Monk

2) Catholic Priest

3) Wiccan

4) Hindu

5) Jew

6) Muslim

From what I know of the Qur'an,  Allah would condemn them all except the Muslims who follow Muhammad.

I can tell you from this list whom God would most likely choose. If in your mind your choice would be Hindu, the question is why? If such a Hindu is guilty for peacefully practicing his/her religion what is their crime? worship? Should we judge on the internal beliefs or be content with what we see from the external?

Hindu's worship many gods.  If there is only one God, then we must not worship many gods.  God makes the rules and we do not.

This is my point....

The intent of the person is perhaps the most profound evidence of truth that we can come up with. Sadly, what people internalize as their beliefs cannot be seen by the world. I believe that since we do not know the true intent of the individual God's word or not we should not make any inclination towards judgement despite in the face of absolute so-called blasphemy.

I believe that God is the final judge and we cannot judge for Him.  Also, I believe that even though we see good people in the world and we wonder how God could condemn them, we are judging by the rules of men and not the rules set by God.  We must leave this up to God and treat everyone with respect and leave the rest to God.  We cannot judge.  Only God judges.

I have a firm belief that God is the author of all that exist and is the designer of all that actively moves and functions. With this in mind perhaps God is creating a work of art in the making--literally. In my 24 years of young life from my adolescence, to my adult life now I have seen so many beautiful people.

Yes, indeed, Israfil and believe it or not many of them are atheists and agnostics.

So many words and so many truths proves hard for me to sometimes sustain my faith.[/QUOTE]

Keep your faith in God and let Him take care of the rest.

Annie

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:00pm

Dear Israfil,

The most important event in your life took place when you found God Almighty and your Imaan.

You have the spiritual ladder with you, brother. Reach the heights.   

Salaam Alaikum & Best Wishes

BMZ 

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:02pm
I would say God would most likely condemn the Wiccan, as that is a religion based on making God serve the will of man.  Definitely bassackwards.

Second would be the Buddhist, who is full of good works but without any relationship to God.

Since Hinduism is not an single religion it really does not fit the premise very well.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

I would say God would most likely condemn the Wiccan, as that is a religion based on making God serve the will of man.  Definitely bassackwards.

Second would be the Buddhist, who is full of good works but without any relationship to God.

Since Hinduism is not an single religion it really does not fit the premise very well.

Haha, we're just simple people having a religious discussion.  This isn't a seminary or anything, DavidC!

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:15pm

I understand what you are talking about, Israfil.  I'm a big believer in people being accepted for "who" they are, rather than "what" they are.  As you know from our now closed thread on homosexuality, my daughter is a lesbian.  And you know how much I love her, unconditionally love her.  My Church believes homosexuals will go to Heaven just like everyone else who follows the teachings of God.  And so that means God's love for us is unconditional too.  God is very merciful and just.  He does not wish for any of his creation to go to Hell.  Many people do not like Catholics at all...can you believe it!?  It breaks my heart because of the many misconceptions and lies against my Church.  So I know what you feel about being left out or disregarded at times.

I agree with Annie that you should take some time to reflect and think and be silent.  There is a scripture verse which I love.  It is "Be still and know that I am God."  He wants us to listen to him for guidance.

I will remember you in my prayers....that you may find true peace and joy in your life, for which you are searching.

Peace be with you......

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
ABS67 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABS67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 8:44pm

Hi,

I think I need to contribute something here to share what my thoughts are... I believed that everyone at their point in time in his/ her life have come to a crisis to the Big Question about the Existence of God.....that question that brought us to where we are right now... whether we get the answer to that Very Question & where it lead us depend on our own rational in depth study of every answer we had and choose the course of direction and are responsible to the very action that we chose.

I've been in this forum for quite sometimes now reading about the many interesting post here and sometime get glued for hours reading. I've those many people here as a passive member just love being here reading.

I love reading post like brother bmzsp always giving a very clear straight answer "not beating around the bush" which by the way is my countrymen... hehehe...Sister Angela being LSD trying to accomodate and being very nice using nicest word to agree/disagree with everyone....Its tough being the nicest one aint it, it's tough to be though not here but in real world...hehehe. AnnieTwo trying to save us all through Salvation & by doing so intentionally or otherwise she create more question to the question rather then answer which inturn cause more confusion and sis dont you think its very obvious you are trying to take advantage of our brother that is in crisis...Sister Patty having trying to clear the misconception about Catholic never seem to comes up with a definitive answer & create more misconception... Brother Davidc giving Seminary with available chance got a Gospel thumper nice work bro... should try harder though... Ps:- to all Christian brother/sister do you think people of the world need to be save & do you think of all the people of the world Muslim are top in the list need to be "SAVE"? Just a thought. Sister Mishmish which almost being the wisest giving good answer to every question which I think deserved credit for your effort sis...And that's lead me to last but not least brother Israfil trying to accomodate all religion putting it in one basket trying to make it right.... I've been there & it a very difficult task don't you think? And also not forgetting to all other members not mention which is by the way very nice and great people...we can learn from each other. And as you know learning is a journey itself till the end of time.

Here's the difference point of view I have....just to tickle our mind a little...What if after asking ourself the Big Question and we come to a conclusion and very sure that we've got the RIGHT Answer to this very Question.... That means to say we have reach the end of the journey "Jihad" about Questioning God Existence & thus follow what commanded by God written in the Scripture. Should it not then be our responsibility to follow whatever is written and commanded in the Scripture and if we dont after a very long struggle, "in depth study" to whatever Religion we are into, dont it be that we are accountable to our own action. If not all Almost everyone here have made the decision to be in the faith of their own choosing, as for you  my brother Israfil I think your journey has not end to which I think you need to sit and think deep through again as to which Religion fit best for you... They have made their choice & stand firm to their very own belief & eventually you too my Brother. Just my thought, not sure if this of any help. Thanks

Regards

Edited by ABS67
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic