IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They Went to FREE people  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They Went to FREE people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:26am
Actually, this post does have some relevance. In the US today the voters are rather powerless, they have a despot in the presidency that has bought his way into power and has left the voter populace "powerless". Most people I have spoken to despise the war in Iraq and i myself have been in the street protesting it, I have written letters and partipated in protests and it gets us absolutely nowhere. Should we refuse to pay our taxes? I would love to but they steal this out of my paycheck before I ever see it! After all, wasnt it Bro Jebs state that kept the shrub in power, reread this article and you will see. Are we doing this to Iraq?
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:27am

Yes, we know how much American is good, we already know that..

Who's next?!

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Yes, we know how much American is good, we already know that..

Who's next?!

Muslima I bet the computer that you have was bought by US financial Aid money. (if not directly then indirectly)
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:37am

Akm, I know you fancy me but I prefer Salman. Please stop following me everywhere!

Peace

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:41am

My Dear Friend, Maryah,

We have been friends, I think, right?  Well, as you know, in America we are soon to have another election to choose a new president.  That's one thing about this country....we are NOT stuck for a long, long time with one person in the presidency.  At the most he can be there no longer than 8 years, and this is nearly up.  So we are far from powerless.  We will again choose who the majority want to be president.  I, too, believe the troops should come home.  But I'm a little more intense about it than most....I want every single one of our military members, no matter where they are now, back on US soil. They should be here defending our borders, helping when catastrophes hit the country, like Katrina, etc.  I'm 100% for isolationism, but I know in this day and age it would be an impossibility.  We should, and will, continue to offer humanitarian aid to impoverished countries in the form of food, clothing, shelter, medical assistance, etc....but that's it.  We are not wanted, we are hated, and we should be home in America.  My Mom always taught me not to go anyplace where I wasn't invited.  And that's how I feel about our military being out of America.  We should employ these young soldiers for defense purposes only.  Let the other countries work out their differences, or if some other country wants to "step in" and offer their assistance, fine!  I wish them well!!

Yes, sadly, you MUST pay your taxes.  I hate the loss of wages, but I also realize without them we would not have the budgets needed to repair roads, bridges, build schools, and operate the multitude of organizations which help millions of people who are less fortunate, i.e., the poor, sick, and elderly.

So, with all our MANY faults, we still are never powerless.  We have many options open to us.  We HAVE THE FREEDOM to protest in the street, write letters, etc.  Many other individuals in some countries are not that fortunate, are they?

Peace be with you.....

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:45am

I agree 100% with you Maryah.

Salam

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I agree 100% with you Maryah.

Salam

I have declared cyber Jihad on you & salman.

ofcourse with the backup of NATO (colin)

Allah willing victory will be mine

Edited by ak_m_f
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:57am

My friend, if you believe in NATO, you have won already. The victory belongs to the oppressors.

But our time will come inshAllah.

I would never unite with a Keffer. EroudoubIlleh! I prefer my Muslim brothers and sisters. You keep Colin all to yourself, there is no chance I may be interested.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic