IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They Went to FREE people  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They Went to FREE people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They Went to FREE people
    Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:34am

Philippines Flashback

As an American, I should be grate­ful for Benedict Urn's appreciation ["Filipino Aop," Letters, March] of our occupation of the Philippines, but as an historian I am troubled by his one-sided characterization of the first decade of our rule. The "eradication" of Filipino hatred was accomplished not just by schools and hospitals but also by mili­tary brutality and draconian sedition laws, including a prohibition on flying the Philippine flag. Mortality was re­duced-after we had "contributed directly or indirectly" to the death of an estimated 775,000 Filipinos out of a total population of just over 7 million, . according to Ken De Bevoise's Agents of Apocalypse. The "democracy" we im­planted gave the vote to less than 2.5 percent of the population, essentially only property-owning males. Evaluat­ing the success of the United States' colonial experiment in the Philippines requires nuance and balance, not pa­triotic whitewash.

Norman G. Owen, Ph.D.

Duke University, Durham, N.C.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:44am
Whisper, this is something that happened 100 years ago and ended 50 years ago. What's your point here?
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 5:54am

Sister, my point is very simple. I will reveal it as soon as you educate us on how has the United States' actions and the attutudes of her over patriotic folks have changed since?

Professor Owen works and lives in the US. I feel, he could best explain why he was forced to write this letter in "Harpers" - a one hunderd and ten percent respectable American publication.

Clue: my point has something to do with Patriotic Hogwash.

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 6:14am

Interesting Whisper!

Salam

s666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:24am
bro whisper, i loved some of your posts.  but why do you want to blame the entire country for something the individuals have done?
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:32am

Whisper, I have really tried to ignore you....but you will keep this up, this hatred for everything/anything white or American, and I will post the realities of what really happened.  If you insist on posting your narrow-minded bigotry and hatred....I will at the least, explain the inaccuracies and the actualities of what happened. 

We cannot change history -- NO ONE CAN DO THAT.  But we can learn from it.  The important thing is that to LEARN FROM IT, the posted articles must be completely accurate and unbiased.  Your's are NOT...they are always slanted, bigoted, inaccurate, or just plain untrue.  I can't help but wonder why you would do such a thing, if you truly want to enlighten people and bring about peace throughout the world.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:34am

Brother Whipser, please carry on posting as I am educating myself with you.

Salam

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Sister, my point is very simple. I will reveal it as soon as you educate us on how has the United States' actions and the attutudes of her over patriotic folks have changed since?

Professor Owen works and lives in the US. I feel, he could best explain why he was forced to write this letter in "Harpers" - a one hunderd and ten percent respectable American publication.

Clue: my point has something to do with Patriotic Hogwash.

Whisper I see you still haven't gone to fight the evil US in your home country of Afghanistan. Your family there must be proud to know you hide in Spain and only bad mouth the US instead of fighting it. Then again like you have said you are no patriot and I guess you couldn't care less about your home country. At least you have muslima buying all the stuff you put out here. By the way, any proof of what you say or just one guy who claims to know what happen? You seem to always lack the proof and believe anything anti-america you read.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic