IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Statement by Annie2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInteresting Statement by Annie2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Statement by Annie2
    Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:31pm

I find your statment form another site of interest.

Originally posted by Annie2 Annie2 wrote:

Not only did I "research" Islam, I considered the religion of Islam before I became a Christian. I had two Muslim teachers--very knowledgeble teachers.

Really? So could you tell us who gave them their ijaaza?

I am asking because you seem to be everything but knowledgeable about Islam. What I mean is that your understanding comes straight from polemical sites on Islam. So it is a curious statement.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:37pm

Andalus,

That is a very correct observation. What site is that?  Would you to able to share that with me? I would like to see Annie in action there.

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

I find your statment form another site of interest.

Originally posted by Annie2 Annie2 wrote:

Not only did I "research" Islam, I considered the religion of Islam before I became a Christian. I had two Muslim teachers--very knowledgeble teachers.

Really? So could you tell us who gave them their ijaaza?

<>I am asking because you seem to be everything but knowledgeable about Islam. What I mean is that your understanding comes straight from polemical sites on Islam. So it is a curious statement.

Andalus,

Not at all.  I am among the many who have studied Islam and have talked with Muslims about the religion of Islam.  Two people stand out in my mind, but I should include a third.  We talked for about one year, off and on.  There was also a special Muslim lady who was very kind and answered my questions.  I also have a girlfriend who also considered Islam and has Muslim friends and we talk.

But first I studied the Qur'an.  Yes, I do read the polemic sites, both Christian and Islamic and I read books on the subject.

I did think that there could be some truth to Islam and that is why I considered it.  I have also considered Judaism and have studied it.

My choice was based on the knowledge I received in all of these areas.

Annie

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:09pm

I believe it is to your credit that you kept an open mind, studied all the religions, and then based on what you studied, who you spoke with, and what you felt to be most accurate in your heart, made your decision.  I'm quite sure you prayed about it, and obviously God led you where He wanted you.

God be with you always Annie.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 1:12pm

I have to agree with the esteemed Brothers here. Your insight into Islam is not indicative of having studied, or of having studied with anyone of sincere knowledge.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I believe it is to your credit that you kept an open mind, studied all the religions, and then based on what you studied, who you spoke with, and what you felt to be most accurate in your heart, made your decision.  I'm quite sure you prayed about it, and obviously God led you where He wanted you.

God be with you always Annie.

Thanks Patty.

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

<>I have to agree with the esteemed Brothers here. Your insight into Islam is not indicative of having studied, or of having studied with anyone of sincere knowledge.

On the contrary, it is because of study that I do have insight and because I have studied what Muslims are not allowed to study.  I also listen to ex-Muslims and they are in tune with what I found out.  Funny, but the testimony of ex-Muslims came after my decision, so they did not influence me, they reinforced what I had already come to believe.

Also, in my contact with Muslims, and especially with personal contact, I have found that Muslims do not understand Christianity and do not want to understand it.  But it was the same when Jesus walked the earth.  People in the first century didn't want to believe in him either.  They didn't want him to be their Messiah.  They rejected his way to peace.  They wanted war and bloody swords, but Jesus taught that that was not the way, that was not the way God wanted it, but they would not listen and so they rejected him, just as they reject Messiah Jesus today.

Annie

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 4:22pm

Annie:

I was a Christian for 36 years. I understand Christianity. Your argument might work with someone who has never been in contact with Christians, never studied Christainity, or never been a Christian, but it doesn't work with me. There is not much that you can tell me here about Christianity that I have not heard before. I may not be extremely knowledgeable about all denominations, but I understand the basics very well. I became a Muslim at the age of 36. I wasn't born one.

I studied Islam for quite a while before I reverted. I also had everyone in my family thinking I was crazy, and committing a sin, so they were throwing everything they could at me about the evils of Islam.

Do you think that there is some secret stash of information out there about how eveil Islam is that I did not have access to? What could you possibly have studied that I, as a Christian, could not have studied, even it if was something Muslims are not allowed to study?

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West. All of these people becoming Muslims, were not Muslims first. So, even if there is some great conspiracy to keep Muslims from studying certain materials, these reverts would not be included in that group, would they?

Or, perhaps there's some way that these conspirators can tell ahead of time who might be likely to revert, so these deemed likely are also not allowed to read this secret material...Maybe we are marked from birth, so we just never even know it exists...

Perhaps you know ex-Muslims who hate Islam. I personally know one ex-Muslim. She doesn't hate Islam at all. She just wanted freedom. Freedom to do whatever she wanted and not have to answer to God for it. She admits this. Islam was just too hard for her, no drinking, no boyfriends, no pre-marital sex...

What insight do you have. You have shared nothing here that cannot be found on any anti-Islamic website. In some cases, verbatim...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic