IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why she won’t wear hijab?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why she won’t wear hijab?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:41am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

bro dayem u asked for it really , but loved the whole post, its really good,

now cassandra im sorry got very short memory span so don't exactly remember your question was as it was in previous page  but il try, well islam is not like Allah swt will only accept deeds of people who are properly covered, im sure u must have heard it so many muslims saying that islam is a complete way of life so this is one law among many, islam tells us to encourage each other to do good, so thats what people try to do, we as muslims are also told that its conviction as well as conformity, cos as human beings you cant usderstand every thing so having faith means having enough belief that if Allah swt tells you something then know it in your heart that its good for you even if you don't understand it

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:50am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

bro dayem u asked for it really , but loved the whole post, its really good,

Bismillah, I'll have to disagree.  I'm sure the post is aggressive and crude, nothing nice about it.

now cassandra im sorry got very short memory span so don't exactly remember your question was as it was in previous page  but il try, well islam is not like Allah swt will only accept deeds of people who are properly covered,

Subhanna Allah, Dear Sister Fatima, not only is this incorrect and misguided, but it is cruel and silly.  Did you read that in our Holy Quran?  Of course not.  The only time deeds are not accepted is when we are in the act of a major sin, like murder, torture, rape. 

im sure u must have heard it so many muslims saying that islam is a complete way of life so this is one law among many, islam tells us to encourage each other to do good, so thats what people try to do, we as muslims are also told that its conviction as well as conformity, cos as human beings you cant usderstand every thing so having faith means having enough belief that if Allah swt tells you something then know it in your heart that its good for you even if you don't understand it

Haven't you read in our Holy Quran how people without understanding will be cursed?  Whoever told you not to think things through and analyze them and find the sense in them is advising you to ignore our Beloved Prophet Muhammad.  When people think a scarf will bring them salvation, but that kind, good deeds won't if you don't wear one, our world is in serious disobedience to our Loving Lord.

Peace

wassalam

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:25am
herjihad this world is getting much more difficult to live in with too much complication and aggressivness. The concept of survival to the fittest is becoming the key of survival here instead of uniting.
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:47am

Fatima in black, Herjihad in pink: (I've reduced the size of your text.  I can't hear when people are shouting!)

now cassandra im sorry got very short memory span so don't exactly remember your question was as it was in previous page  but il try, well islam is not like Allah swt will only accept deeds of people who are properly covered,

Subhanna Allah, Dear Sister Fatima, not only is this incorrect and misguided, but it is cruel and silly.  Did you read that in our Holy Quran?  Of course not.  The only time deeds are not accepted is when we are in the act of a major sin, like murder, torture, rape. 

im sure u must have heard it so many muslims saying that islam is a complete way of life so this is one law among many, islam tells us to encourage each other to do good, so thats what people try to do, we as muslims are also told that its conviction as well as conformity, cos as human beings you cant usderstand every thing so having faith means having enough belief that if Allah swt tells you something then know it in your heart that its good for you even if you don't understand it

Haven't you read in our Holy Quran how people without understanding will be cursed?  Whoever told you not to think things through and analyze them and find the sense in them is advising you to ignore our Beloved Prophet Muhammad.  When people think a scarf will bring them salvation, but that kind, good deeds won't if you don't wear one, our world is in serious disobedience to our Loving Lord.

Peace

Fatima:  Thank you for your response. Herjihad, I did not get from Fatima's reply what you seem to have done, in fact, it seems to me that you are both saying the same thing.  If not, well, now I'm REALLY confused.

Foody's right, with so much confrontation going on on this board amongst people who are either the same religion, or else trust in the same God, no wonder we can't seem to allow dialogue to settle our differences.

(Is Mercury retrograde, or something....?)

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

in fact, it seems to me that you are both saying the same thing.  If not, well, now I'm REALLY confused.

Actually, both are not on the same page

Herjihad is correcting Fatima.

Quote (Is Mercury retrograde, or something....?)

lol!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

do u know the companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had so strong iman that they used to divorce their wives if their wives did not practise any of the laws of islam sincerely

Salman, if you are going to mention explanations like this, then I think it would be wise to include some evidence  It just seems like pure spectulations.

There are some questions I can ask:

First, how do you know for sure?

i have read this in many islamic books

How do you know that the companions had a so strong iman?

again, i have read this in many islamic books, they had strong iman, they were fearful of Allah, they were ready to give their lives and wealth in the way of Allah, and they had great love for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Where is in the law that you can divorce your wife/wives for not practicing islam sincerely? (if the companions could then there should be discussions on this, that you can or not, for which I have not come across any  (so i really doubt that there is such a thing  ))

this also i have read in many islamic books....the companians of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to divorce their wives if they did not practise islam sincerely (example - trimming of eyebrows and shaping them to look beautiful)

Did this come up in your learning somewhere?

yes, i have read this in many islamic books

What is the evidence / support for this?

you get many islamic books on the lives of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).....insha Allah if you read it you will get the evidence

Edited by salman_s
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:19am

ok.

Not that I am disbelieving you Salman, ok But I would like other muslims mention something on this.

Salman, you say many islamic books, ok i know there are many out there but what does the qu'ran and hadiths say ? And can you also bring that across here ?  

This seems quite a serious matter and one I have not encountered here (and I've been here for a long time) or elsewhere before among muslims.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:26am

ok.

Not that I am disbelieving you Salman, ok But I would like other muslims mention something on this.

Salman, you say many islamic books, ok i know there are many out there but what does the qu'ran and hadiths say ? And can you also bring that across here ?  

This seems quite a serious matter and one I have not encountered here (and I've been here for a long time) or elsewhere before among muslims.  

i don't think anything is mentioned in the Qur'an about the companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and hadiths are the sayings and actions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh),  i think you won't find them in hadiths as well.....

you get seperate books on the lives of the companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)....there you may find it....

Edited by salman_s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic