IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some thing to ponder about  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some thing to ponder about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some thing to ponder about
    Posted: 14 June 2006 at 2:29am

One of the reason I am here (and some others) and continue to stay is to help bridge gaps between non muslims and muslims, and help with at least some understanding but at the moment, for a while now this it is not happening. Even amongst muslims themselves. The gap is getting further away. And its in such a sad state. No one � the moderators and Admin are really listening to the people, there are way too many unnecessary deletions and threads closed.

I thought the boards are for the people to come and learn about islam and muslims and for all groups of people to & to interact with other. Then you should also take note of what is happening not ignore and delete and close things down every five seconds. People are getting frustrated ever more than before, so there are more voices being let out. This should ring some alarm bells but apparently it is not. Instead people get reprimanded, how does this help?? And off course people are going to be upset and offended and mad, and of course there will be no politeness. What do you expect?

The situation with people not happy is quite alarming, and it is quite sad actually. People don�t feel they are being heard but instead seem to get reprimanded and their post deleted. One way to run people off is to keep doing what you do. It will never help in learning nor help in learning about islam and muslims, and that is sad.

There is nothing wrong with having guidelines and I am (nor others) are against them. But when they are not helping then something should be done.

If things don�t change then the boards are going to lose some respected people, it has in the past.

As megatron mentioned rings true:

Quote I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge.

What is happening is not helping. Keep this up and you won�t have people thinking otherwise.

As I mentioned and it got deleted, about politeness (no guesses who did that) but it was unnecessary to delete. I�ll repeat the best I can. Amah wrote �First of all, you are not being polite.� (this was to Angela) What I mentioned is that, this is a personal view and not an objective view. You cannot expect people to be polite when making a complaint/s, this does not work in the real world. This is not what happens in business and there are customers. You cannot expect complaints to be made in politeness.

And no this does not mean to stop being polite but don�t expect it when there are complaints made!

People care about the boards and their views should not get shut down.

If moderators and the admin care about the people on the boards and want this to be a place of learning islam and bridging the gaps, showing people who and what muslims are, then show it, stop being so concerned about the guidelines than the people themselves. And I am not saying don't have guidelines but they are taking more precendents over the people here and what the boards are actually for, which is for the people to, and to show islam. 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:40am

So tell me how can non muslims converse and discuss and LEARN varies topics on islam if they are not allowed to have a discussion?

Discussions - Islam for non-Muslims
Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, but discussion can not take place here.

This place is going to go down if things don't change. It is becoming very restrictive, its all about you can't do this and that. I have extensively over the year to try and help this place but it seems all fruitless, other board members feel the same and that includes muslims to.

Honestly how can one learn either muslim or non muslim, about islam and other matters on life? Yes this board is islamic but is islam restrictive on interacting with people, learning etc ?

I have learnt much about islam by being in discussions, that has been the biggest help and now that is being taken away from non muslims and muslims also.

The guys that sit there and make up this unrealistic rules or whatever is not helping what this place is suppose to be for, it is becoming a cold place, not the place I once knew it to be.

What's been happening is certainly not helping islamcity. I have been to other muslim sites and there it felt much more welcoming and none of these restrictive stuff that has become of late. Islamcity has always had its guidelines but this this is becoming unrealistic. How are you suppose to operate and have an interactive learning place ?

Both muslims and non muslims here want to help each other, fill the gaps, interact with each other and learn but how? Tell us how to do that if we the board members, (for the boards were created for) are to be here? to learn and become tolerant of each other. HOW ???  

And also How do you expect others to see that you are tolerant people, if the boards are suppose to be islamic then that is going to reflect onto others, all these censorships, deletions, can't talk/discuss is/will be seen as that islam is intolerant, not just a few people but the religion it self, is that what you want?

There is nothing wrong with guiding people to being respectful, polite, cordial and showing them

Both muslims and non muslims are voicing their concerns about the boards to no avail. It is falling on deaf ears, we want this place to work as much as you but nothing we have mentioned doesn't seem to be valued or worthy.

I honestly don't know what the intentions of these boards are anymore, it certainly doesn't offer what it was in the begining or when I joined.

Was Prophet Muhammed anything like this? What was his example?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:59am
I agree with both of you, some of the Moderators have a total fox news like attitude. There is one way to think, live and be a Muslim. You either agree or your wrong or out. It is really sad, considering Muslims are so widely different and varied in thier thinking!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:30am

In my personal Angel I grow tiresome I trying to understabnd their job. Frankly any sort of moderator who does not care enough to respond here ion this section obviously either cannot mentally comprehend our views and opinion or wish not to address them...Simple...... To some of these moderators the rules may seem simple enough but it is obvious they have loop holes. In my opinion the people who frequent this site make the forums not the moderators. I agree that they themselves have biases. Look at who they choose secretively.....Obvious they wouldn't choose neither one of us who have been here for years because obviously we (or those like myself) are unorthodox. So I agree between the kinds of people they choose this is totally ridiculous

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 6:04am

I do not know how the moderators do their job but many of my messages have been deleted.

In this sense, this is not only non-Muslims who are being censored but Muslims as well.

You can disagree with me and I am fine with that but why hide what I believe? I am not a hypocrite and I should be able to voice exactly what I think.

I agree that we are all different, Muslims and non-Muslims, and have no problem with that. The whole wrold is like this. It would be boring otherwise.

Salam

Edited by Muslima
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I do not know how the moderators do their job but many of my messages have been deleted.

Maybe you should work on yourself.

You can disagree with me and I am fine with that but why hide what I believe? I am not a hypocrite and I should be able to voice exactly what I think.

Being a member on this forum is a privilage not a right......

Edited by ak_m_f
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:10am

Once again, I disagree, I think this is a right.

Salam

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Once again, I disagree, I think this is a right.

Salam

really?

under what section & article of constitution?
or maybe its in human rights of charter?

read this again & again until you get the message:

Click here

Edited by ak_m_f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic