IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My baby’s brother death....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy baby�s brother death....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Patty,
isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity?
something like the original sin?

according to islam, a just born child is free of sins

and a just born child is a muslim

schwester View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:39am
Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

�� Hello,When my mom was first pregnant, she was pregnant with a baby boy who she couldn't keep,� he was only six� month of age. When he was born he was still alive but back then they did not have the equipment to save him, so doctors placed him on the table until he died. She wanted to know, is it true that the son will be asking Allah for the forgiveness for his mother and father?

and a mom after giving birth is freed from all sins. i dunno, i haven't read it anywhere but heard very much from muslims.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:46am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Patty, isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity? something like the original sin?

I was asking according to christanity, I know about Islam.

thank you.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 6:17am

Patty, isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity? something like the original sin?

I was asking according to christanity, I know about Islam.

thank you.

what is your religion ak_m_f ?

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 6:52am

ak said:

"I was asking according to christanity, I know about Islam.

thank you."

I can provide information on my Church's beliefs on this matter.  I just didn't know I was allowed to and I didn't want to cause any trouble.

We, as Catholics, adamantly believe in the the words of Jesus from  John 3:5, where Jesus says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

We should take seriously the truth of God's universal will for salvation ("God wants everybody to be saved," 1 Timothy 2:4), and also the truth that "Jesus died for all." The following text of the Catechism of the Catholic Church seems to hold exactly the same position:

"As regards children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them. Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus' tenderness toward children which caused him to say: 'Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,' allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism. All the more urgent is the Church's call not to prevent little children coming to Christ through the gift of holy Baptism" (CCC, 1261). 

I must confess that the mere idea of a God eternally depriving an innocent creature of his vision simply because another person has sinned, or because of an accidental miscarriage, makes me shudder � and I am sure would make any unbeliever happy to stay away from the Christian faith. 

We also show our belief in the salvation of babies who are known as the Holy Innocents.  They are explained here:

When Herod saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, he was infuriated, and he sent and killed all the children in and around Bethlehem who were two years old or under, according to the time that he had learned from the wise men. Then was fulfilled what had been spoken through the prophet Jeremiah:

"A voice was heard in Ramah,
wailing and loud lamentation,
Rachel weeping for her children;
she refused to be consoled, because they are no more."

And lastly, the is the Catholic prayer for the Holy Innocents, who are the infants who died as babies or miscarriages, and through no fault of their own were unbaptised:

We remember today, O God, the slaughter of the holy innocents of Bethlehem by King Herod. Receive, we pray, into the arms of your mercy all innocent victims; and by your great might frustrate the designs of evil tyrants and establish your rule of justice, love, and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Does this answer your question, ak?  I hope I have not broken any rules, as this was just my feeble attempt to explain my position as a Catholic regarding God's great mercy shown toward infants who die and also miscarried babies.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 10:57pm

Patty,
isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity?
something like the original sin?

As salamu alaikum,

Brother, children aren't born muslim, they're born with the instinct to be muslim.   If they were born muslim, then  every non-muslims would be an apostate (murtad).   Our parents give us our religion.  Then when we get older, some stick to the religion of their parents and others change.

Wallahu a'lam

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:44pm
nicely said
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:48pm

what is your religion ak_m_f ?

Salman,
I am an orthodox Jew. My mission on this forum is to convert you to Judaism.

hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic