IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My baby’s brother death....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy baby�s brother death....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My baby�s brother death....
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:22pm
   Hello,

When my mom was first pregnant, she was pregnant with a baby boy who she couldn't keep,  he was only six  month of age. When he was born he was still alive but back then they did not have the equipment to save him, so doctors placed him on the table until he died. She wanted to know, is it true that the son will be asking Allah for the forgiveness for his mother and father?
MangoSwirl View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:19pm

Asalaamu Alaikum,

To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.

The loss of a child is truly a test of patience for all affected. Any tragedy which befalls a believer is a sign of God strengthening that person in faith and patience. One who exhibits patience will be compensated for their trial in the Hereafter, God willing. The following are sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) regarding the loss of a child:

In al-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and others: "Whoever of my Community have two forerunners [farataan=children who died early], Allah enters them Paradise." `A'isha said, Allah be well-pleased with her, "What about a single forerunner?" The Prophet replied, "And whoever has a single forerunner, you gifted woman!" She said, "And whoever has none?" He replied, "I am the forerunner of my Community. They endure nothing greater than my loss."

In Ahmad, al-Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah, the Prophet said: "Whoever sends forth three children that never reached puberty, they will be for him [and her] a strong fortress [in the hereafter]." Abu Dharr said, "I sent forth two." The Prophet said,  "And two." Ubay ibn Ka`b said, "I sent forth one." The Prophet said,  "And one; but that is only [subject to SABR] at the first shock." From Ibn Mas`ud.

In the Musnad of `Abd ibn Humayd from Mu`adh, the Prophet said: "No two Muslims lost three children except Allah will cause the two parents to enter Paradise through the favor of His mercy toward them." They said, "What about two, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Two also." They said, "And one?" He said, "[Even] the miscarried child will certainly drag its mother [and father, see below] with its umbilical cord to Paradise!"

The Prophet said, "The miscarried child will pester its glorious and mighty Lord for His entering its two parents into the Fire until it is told, 'O miscarried child that pesters its Lord! Enter your father and mother into Paradise.' Then it will drag them with its umbilical cord until it makes them enter Paradise." Ibn Majah and Abu Ya`la from `Ali.

And again, "By the One in Whose hand is my soul, truly the miscarried child will certainly drag its mother with its umbilical cord to Paradise, provided one expects recompense [for SABR]." Ibn Majah and Ahmad from Mu`adh.

And he said: "Your little ones are the larvas (da`aamees) of Paradise. They will meet their parents and grab them by their garments or their hands to no end other than that Allah will enter them Paradise." Sahih Muslim.

"I swear that a miscarried child of mine I send forth before me is more beloved to me than [raising] a mounted knight that survives me." Ibn Majah from Abu Hurayra.

Wasalaamu Alaikum

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:27pm
dont know ask some Imam
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:52pm

I believe God is very merciful and fair.  This innocent child is with God (in my religion, he is a saint....but that's my beliefs.)  If we all agree that Allah/God is a God of mercy, doesn't it make sense that your parents have been forgiven for any "sin" they may have committed?  Don't you believe in the forgiveness of God?  I do.

Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."

Peace to You Foody.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:02pm
Patty,
isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity?
something like the original sin?

Edited by ak_m_f
MangoSwirl View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I believe God is very merciful and fair.  This innocent child is with God (in my religion, he is a saint....but that's my beliefs.)  If we all agree that Allah/God is a God of mercy, doesn't it make sense that your parents have been forgiven for any "sin" they may have committed?  Don't you believe in the forgiveness of God?  I do.

Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."

Peace to You Foody.

The question here is not so much about the forgiveness of God.  It is specifically regarding the miscarried child, and that child's subsequent role.  The hadith are very specific in what position that could be. 

The key to unlocking that mercy/forgiveness is patience.  A person should exhibit patience at first shock, and thereafter.  Allah tells us His Mercy is greater then His Wrath.

I don't think there is a greater loss then that of a child.  Also, a woman who dies during/as a result of child birth is considered a martyr in Islam.  Not to mention the concept of paradise being at the feet of our mothers (hilighting the imporatnce of upholding respect, rights, and the bonds of kinship).  

The whole process from conception to child-rearing is not taken lightly in Islam.  It's one of the greatest tests, and thus deserves great rewards. 

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:23am

Dear ak,

You asked:

"Patty,
isnt everyone born with sin accoring to christanity?
something like the original sin?"

Yes, you are right.  That is the belief in my Church.  But we also have a belief in Baptism of Desire.  I know that through form of baptism, babies are not held guilty of any sin due to their innocence.  As this is an Islamic site, I will not go into details concerning Baptism of Desire.  But in essence it absolves the innocent babies of any/all sins. 

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 11:57am

Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

Hello,

When my mom was first pregnant, she was pregnant with a baby boy who she couldn't keep,  he was only six  month of age. When he was born he was still alive but back then they did not have the equipment to save him, so doctors placed him on the table until he died. She wanted to know, is it true that the son will be asking Allah for the forgiveness for his mother and father?

Bismillah,

It says that in hadith, Brother Foody, as Mango Swirl has quoted to you.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic